I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Played Lewes today. Windy but course in great condition given the recent weather. Front 9 was pretty good, back 9 was one of those times when it call comes together. 17 points out, 24 back in for a ridiculous 41 points.

Have been having lessons with Nick Duc at Holtye, and frankly would suggest him to anyone close enough. Now to try and get down to consistent bogey golf. It's definitely there.

Boomy

Visit site
Couldn’t hit a barn door with a tractor tonight ? Not too bad off the tee, irons and wedges abominable, putting great until I announced to a PP that I was glad my putting was on form... annnnd queue putted horrendously for the rest of the round ? Lovely night for it though, sun shining and the wind a blowing on the Cumbrian coast.

View from the first tee tonight ?
46D121AF-A0B5-42DB-8FC6-DD8A0D38AF34.jpeg

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played in my singles knockout yesterday.

First round, drawn against an 18 handicap I was feeling fairly confident, even with having to give him 2 shots.

Turns out he plays off 12 in his weekly swindle and was officially off 11 two years ago. He did not miss a shot. Through 9 he was 5 over and I was 9 over, 3 down in the match.

Never got close to putting a glove on him and I lost 4&3. I feel like I was sandbagged a little.....

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

First round, drawn against an 18 handicap I was feeling fairly confident, even with having to give him 2 shots.

Turns out he plays off 12 in his weekly swindle and was officially off 11 two years ago. He did not miss a shot. Through 9 he was 5 over and I was 9 over, 3 down in the match.

Never got close to putting a glove on him and I lost 4&3. I feel like I was sandbagged a little.....
This happened to me a lot .
Played a guy off 12 giving him 8 shots . Full handicap.
Turned out he was off 2 two years earlier.
It showed especially in the short game.
But how do you go up 10 shots in two seasons ( old system.)?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Senior open yesteday, started well despite the four seasons on the 5th, where the temp dropped big time, snow, hail and rain .got to the turn level, then birdied 10, then the wheels came off, went bogey, double, bogey very annoying on 13, but good drive an d flushed a 6 iron onto the middle of the green, flag was on the front, only a few feet from the edge where you could roll off the green and 70 yards away. Had another bogey on 16 and 18, for 5 over gross, very disappointing

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

For clarity,
18 was the index, or course hcp?
What tees are the swindle played from?

You are at the same course as LP aren't you, maybe a little research on history wouldn't go amiss.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
For clarity,
18 was the index, or course hcp?
What tees are the swindle played from?

You are at the same course as LP aren't you, maybe a little research on history wouldn't go amiss.

16.7 index but 18 course hcp.

I've just had a look through his history on EG app and it doesn't really give many clues although he's shot 79 a couple of times at his old course.

The swindle will be from the yellows, but I don't think that can account for such a big difference although I know swindles can be quite harsh with their cuts, etc.

D

Deleted member 15344

16.7 index but 18 course hcp.

I've just had a look through his history on EG app and it doesn't really give many clues although he's shot 79 a couple of times at his old course.

The swindle will be from the yellows, but I don't think that can account for such a big difference although I know swindles can be quite harsh with their cuts, etc.

Welcome to the wonders of Matchplay golf

his HI is not much different to his old Congu HC , some player just play better in KO’s - seen it happen many times when people suddenly play 8 shots better than their HC in a KO , you caught him on a good day

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Welcome to the wonders of Matchplay golf

his HI is not much different to his old Congu HC , some player just play better in KO’s - seen it happen many times when people suddenly play 8 shots better than their HC in a KO , you caught him on a good day

I knew when he absolutely piped his driver down the first I was in for a tough match ?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I knew when he absolutely piped his driver down the first I was in for a tough match ?

There's a lad I play with who is an absolute fiend at matchplay. He plays off 14 but can usually pick up 2 or 3 birdies a round, a handful of pars but generally chucks in 2 or 3 triples or worse. His game is made for matchplay!

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did you play in St Andrews? I've just been to the range there and it was very cold and blowing a gale.

I'm due out on the Ashludie late afternoon - just waiting for a text my playing partner to say 'let's bin this idea' (Hopefully)

Yep, I was playing the Old today. Came very close to not enjoying it. Early tee so I dodged the rain but the wind beat me up something rotten.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Wow it was wild out there today on the heath. Having played rubbish for the last couple of weeks, good to get back to some decent ball striking in board comp. Played three of our hardest holes, 3,4 and 5 into a gale and driving rain. 7 shots dropped over the three holes but stopped raining on 6 and managed a 74 net which is currently good for a top 15 place. Short missed putt on the last costing me a top six finish.:( Decent with over 120 players in comp.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was wet and wild when I went out at 3pm in a Texas scramble.
Was good fun and had 3 good guys to help me round. Everyone pitched in and we scored a respectable 67 (par 71) with 9 shots so a decent nett 58.

Won't win but think we did ok with 5 birdies and only the one bogey (on which 2 of us lipped out on the same side).

Forgot how much fun they can be.