I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out for a bash round the Ashludie after work tonight - forecast was rain but it never appeared, dressed wrongly though - too warm for the hoodie and chilly without it. Driving and irons were much improved on yesterday but conversely fairway wood/hybrid awful and didn't hole anything though distance control with the putter was fine.

IMG_5195.jpgNot the best line into the 5th green.

IMG_5196.jpg
Par 3 14th.

IMG_5197.jpg
And par 3 14th from the back of the green.

eddie_1878

Visit site
First real look at Eagle today- 15ft putt. Missed it by a cup, rolled 1ft past the hole for an easy but slightly disappointing birdie.

Also first game with a decent trolley bag. The separate, larger putter compartment is a game changer. As is the ‘cooler’ compartment...my caviar was still nice and cold when I got the 18th.

D

Deleted member 15344

Wasn't the weather a bit sketchy?
How did you all play?
We got caught in a few showers on the front 9 but was lovely after , windy though

And the golf was as inconsistent ? nice eagle on the 8th

AliMc

Visit site
Good competitive 4 bbb game at Dunbar today, lovely weather, won 3&2, course is in fantastic condition, greens were superb, partnered the vice captain, he has been taking advantage of a few invitations recently - St Andrews Old and New, Crail, Longniddry and North Berwick and a few others, says that none of them come close to Dunbar condition wise at the moment, good to hear

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I played on Sunday, my first competitive round at Highwoods but only marking a card for handicap purposes. Only my 3rd round in the last two years. Off of my lapsed handicap of 13 I had 16 points on the front and 14 coming back in, with a stupid "blob" on both nines. Not too unhappy with that bearing in mind how little I've played and the fact it was off the back tees. Hopefully things will improve once I start playing more regularly.

D

Deleted member 15344

I played on Sunday, my first competitive round at Highwoods but only marking a card for handicap purposes. Only my 3rd round in the last two years. Off of my lapsed handicap of 13 I had 16 points on the front and 14 coming back in, with a stupid "blob" on both nines. Not too unhappy with that bearing in mind how little I've played and the fact it was off the back tees. Hopefully things will improve once I start playing more regularly.
30 points in first proper game back , looks like @richart might be getting a free curry

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out solo first thing...just trying to find my game...
It's such a stupid game - been struggling with everything since we came back to playing..
Today?
Managed 16 holes before I had to bale to get to work ( rapidly deciding that I'm not cut out for this work stuff anymore)
8 pars, 4 bogeys, 4 birdies...
I am at a loss as I don't feel I was doing anything differently
So thats a guaranteed 20 over tomorrow then...:cautious::rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3432

It's such a stupid game - been struggling with everything since we came back to playing..
Today?
Managed 16 holes before I had to bale to get to work ( rapidly deciding that I'm not cut out for this work stuff anymore)

The dreaded card in hand.........

TigerTime

Visit site
Gross 83
Nett -7 under
:LOL:

18th was probably the best feeling I’ve ever had on a golf course. Lovely drive straight up the middle. 105 left. Pitching wedge in. Slam dunked it for a 2. Cheered like I was celebrating a goal, my playing partner was buzzing, two guys on the first tee let out a cheer.

what a feeling walking up to the cup and picking your ball out the hole.

love golf on days like this.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Today?
Well..not 20 but well into double figures...
The Golfing Gods ripped me another one again - they hate me...and I hate my driver..

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played my first ever matchplay knockout final today - the Seniors Winter Knockout which we managed to get to completion after various Covid disruptions. Was behind all the way to the 10th - when I was 2 down and not seeming to get a look in. But then won 11, 13, 14, 15 & 16 in fine style to win 3&2. Chuffed to bits ! ( Now got semi-finals in two more comps to look forward to next week).

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gross 83
Nett -7 under
:LOL:

18th was probably the best feeling I’ve ever had on a golf course. Lovely drive straight up the middle. 105 left. Pitching wedge in. Slam dunked it for a 2. Cheered like I was celebrating a goal, my playing partner was buzzing, two guys on the first tee let out a cheer.

what a feeling walking up to the cup and picking your ball out the hole.

love golf on days like this.

Yeah lovely stuff, would be delighted to watch that on one of your 13 shots holes to leave me needing a 350 yard hole in 1 to half ?

Good going, nothing like holing out from the fairway and with an audience it’s all the sweeter!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Went up to Dornoch with some of the guys, playing the championship in the morning, lunch then some foursomes on the Struie ...or that was the plan.forecast was good, not a cloud according to that. Got there and soon as we were out of the car park clouded over and wind picked up and it lashed it down all the way round freezing cold and git soaked, even with waterproofs on... real what they call up here "wet rain"
Not fun, didn't stay for lunch just headed back. Not fun at all:rolleyes: