I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Albo

Visit site
Played a comp yesterday, 9 on the 2nd ruined the card, out in 45, back in 39 with a double on 15.
One day I will learn to take my medicine in the trees....or i'll continue to think im the love child of Seve and Phil

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Another disappointing round drove well, then make mistakes from the middle of the fairway over and over to make matters worse was a tough day in the wind on the back 9 and just have pulled out on shorts putts at least half a dozen times. Sometimes I hate golf:cry:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Two big milestones for me today, broke 80 for the first time and went round in single figures ( 9 over on a par 69 course). My HI is 16.4.

10 pars and a birdie with a few doubles thrown in. Probably the first time I've never gone 3 off the tee at any point in a round as well.

Was 6 over going into the final two holes. After being the most consistent I'd ever been with my driver it decided to give up the ghost on the final two holes and I smashed a drive into the trees, which took me two shots to get out before scrambling for a double. Then the 18th I hooked left and ended up playing from an awkward lie on the back of a bunker. I hooked that as well and very nearly blocked myself out of the green for my third. Managed to find the green pin high and get it down in two from about 25ft.

I know no-one cares but I'm absolutely over the moon!

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out for a stroll on the Ashludie this morning - got an 8.44am tee time while watching the golf on TV last night, first time I've played in the morning for a while. Started on my own but joined up with the two ball in front of me at the 6th - good company and a nice walk.

Weather was absolutely gorgeous with not a breath of wind until the 16th, warmest it's been this year, if I'd known it was going to be like that I'd have had the shorts on. Golf was OK, some good some bad but never in any real trouble - my putting was excellent by my standards as it was on Wednesday - long may it last.
IMG_5190.jpg
16th green on Monifieth Medal, photographed from the 4th tee box on the Ashludie.

IMG_5191.jpg
6th green Ashludie course, Monifieth Links.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Two big milestones for me today, broke 80 for the first time and went round in single figures ( 9 over on a par 69 course). My HI is 16.4.

10 pars and a birdie with a few doubles thrown in. Probably the first time I've never gone 3 off the tee at any point in a round as well.

Was 6 over going into the final two holes. After being the most consistent I'd ever been with my driver it decided to give up the ghost on the final two holes and I smashed a drive into the trees, which took me two shots to get out before scrambling for a double. Then the 18th I hooked left and ended up playing from an awkward lie on the back of a bunker. I hooked that as well and very nearly blocked myself out of the green for my third. Managed to find the green pin high and get it down in two from about 25ft.

Well done! Always great to hit a personal best.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played yesterday
weather forecast rain clearing up by mid morning (we were going out a 120 but still strong winds)

Did the rain stop? - no just a light drizzle really but couple that with winds up to 40mph and you would not know the difference, unable see through my glasses on a lot of occasions. Probably my worst round in 25 years.

Given the forecast I had already committed to putting a General Play round so we just soldiered on.

I have always enjoyed the challenge of playing in strong winds and one of my best rounds ever (2 under gross) was played in winds stronger than yesterday but wind and rain is a different matter.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
First round in 3 weeks today, but have been putting some range sessions in.

After a bit of a wobbly start, I found some form and finished with a gross 81. No blow up holes and just steady golf, could have been sub 80 but definitely a big improvement on the last few rounds.

D

Deleted member 3432

1st time playing in the prevailing wind this season and it was windy.....
Managed to replace a crap counting score with a mediocre counting score.
Confidence in the swing is starting to improve but a dreadful putting round, missed twice from inside 3 feet and a 3 putt par amongst the rubbish on the greens.
Just as well I have a putting lesson booked for next week.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
25 points in today's Stableford.

One of the best days off the tee I can remember, finding 9 fairways, but I lost two balls off the tee on par threes, hit two shanks and my short game was dire.

From within 15 yards of the green or less I got up and down once from 14 attempts. :eek::mad:

I need to find some confidence in my game; whatever the shot at the moment (apart from putting) as soon as I'm over the ball all I think about is how it's going top go wrong and I just can't break the habit.
And now I've no doubt gone and cursed my putting! ;)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Best round for a while today..Still not good but better.
The problem is inconsistency..one moment I'll spank a drive down the middle, find the green and 2 putt for a perfect par..
Next hole I'll slice/hook off the tee, smother the iron shot, pitch on and 3 putt....Rinse and repeat....
Only 2 blobs today which is down on the last few rounds
30 points so 2 over handicap on the holes I scored on....it's in there somewhere....
Nice piece of handicap protection from Fragger too but ill let him tell you about that..:LOL:

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site

Congrats!

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Bogey comp today.

Finished 6 down but happy with my finish where I pulled things back and actually felt like I could play golf instead of wanting to throw my clubs in the bin :LOL:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Played with @Imurg today quite windy, but decided to put supplementary cards in.

Conscious that my handicap has increased dramatically under WHS I am keen to get it down to a respectable level , 28 is way too high, and I should be getting 40 points plus with that number of shots.

Started slowly. into the wind, on holes 1-2-4-5- had 7 points after 5 holes, then hit a purple patch and ended up with 18 after 9, had a very decent start to the back 9 and had 28 points after 13 then we turned back into the wind and it fell apart,

2 bad holes on 14/15 a par on 16 for 3 points saw me on 33

Wasted a decent drive on 17 to blob the hole and another blob on 18 was really disappointing

Finished on 33 , He had 30 , so I won, but I should have slammed him into the ground with the number of shots I get.

One day I’m going to do some serious damage to my handicap, but until then I’m just a bandito

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

That’s great to break 80 ? something I’ve always strived to do been close with 81and 82.

Well played

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Was out yesterday at Inverness with my Dad and brother, played pretty well, only 2 bad holes, every drive was straight down the middle and 3 wood / hybrids excellent, short game still a bit iffy......
Confidence really coming back now, just need to get out and play more and stick a few cards in!!

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Yesterday was a medal at Lilley Brook and I had the advantage of playing in the afternoon and by hole 10 I knew it looked like +1 nett would be in with a real chance - at that point I was +2 nett but knew my back nine is usually stronger.
With 3 holes to go I knew a 4 4 4 finish would be good enough on par's 4,3,4 to finish +1. I par'd 16 and managed to par 17 so I could take a 5 on 18 and that would put me +1 with just a couple of scores to come in!
Good drive and poor approach left me 30-35 feet away - lag putt let me down and had a tricky 5 footer for par - just missed the hole and I had a nervy two footer to make the 5! Thankfully it dropped.
When I checked before I went to bed at 10.30pm there was just one score to be posted to howdidido and I was still leading ! Will need to wait now until the results come out this week to know if I've done enough for my first win at my new club :D
Handicap dropped from 7.2 to 7.0 !

D

Deleted member 21258

Used the EG app another couple of times this week(4 times in total), so easy to use, had no problems, can see submitting quite a number of cards this year.

Handicap index gone from 6.6 to 7.4 to 7.9 to 7.8.:LOL: (still only have 10 cards in the last three years, hence the rapid movements)

Last round started with 3 doubles bogeys (4 shots to get down from within 10 yards of each green, 12 shots in total, short game problemso_O) and then played the next 15 holes in 2 over, for an 8 over round.

Not lost a ball for over 175 holes, it getting mad, think a lockdown madman has taken over my driver swing.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played a senior open Stableford at Drayton Park GC today, very hit and miss, several 3 pointers and a 4 pointer but too many blobs and 1 pointers for 27 points.

One of those annoying days weather wise where it was stop start showers and the rain jacket was on/off all the time.

Nice course and the greens were good.