I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A game of two halves and two extremes. Played the front 9 as well as I've ever done. As in control as I've ever felt, it was joyful. Then something happened ?. Don't know what but the swing went, my touch went. Horrible.

Currently home, comfort eating cake, feeling sorry for myself and very fed up.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought we would get rained off today, but the forecast was wrong. We decided to go down and give it a shot and it was fine. Few drizzly showers over the mid point of the round but nothing too awful.

Long story short, I really really need to sort my putting out. I think the greens are just in my head now. I don't feel confident over any putt. Total score was 86.. with 40 putts. That's almost half the bloody shots!! Three-putted five times total! Four times in five holes on one stretch of the front nine. Absolute mess. My back nine of 39 (5 over) was good to be fair, but the damage was done, and it's very easy to see the difference between a decent round and a good one at the moment. Stableford was 34 points - 13 out and 21 in. Tee to green I'm hitting it probably better than ever.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A completely avoidable triple bogey on the second messed up an otherwise decent round 40 out 39 back for +1 to handicap. Striking the ball well, chipping and putting decent if not spectacular. Comp of the yellows Monday, for some reason I always struggle starting closer to the hole.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The Jamega tour were on site, setting up for tomorrow's comp.
Apols my camera (phone) & skills aren't up to some
ezgif-3-d771fd6ebff4.jpg

Golf wise some encouragement, felt the most like a golfer since the spring return. Highlight being making par on all of the four par 3 holes, with three in regulation and the other chipping on from short but bang on line.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Jumped on this afternoon half an hour after the previous 4ball had teed off for a solo knock. I'd caught them by the 4th and could tell them had no intention of letting my play through so I finished the 4th and leapfrogged them to the 7th and ended up joining on with a couple of lads I'd played with before for the back 9.

Played to my handicap and was fairly consistent, my worst being couple of doubles which is rare for me - and one of them was a 3-off-the-tee.

Focused on my irons really and was striking them nicely after the first few holes. So happy with that again ahead of a golf day for my pals 30th at Lancaster on Friday.

Boomy

Visit site
Not a rain shower in sight ? (well ok, just a couple of very light ones) but a cracking afternoon for a batsmen’s innings ? aka round of golf ??‍♂️ But with a score a batsmen would be proud of... going from bad to worse at the mo but it’ll come good.

Looking from the 13th green, across the front 9 and over the Solway towards South West Scotland.

87A33CAA-5952-4FE2-A79F-064DD3DCDB1B.jpeg

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played a 36 hole comp today... what an absolute marathon that felt like.

kicked off with a poor 12 points on the front 9 but held together, cracking score of 38 points on the afternoon round helped pull me back up to 12th place. alot to work on, but mostly just confidence off the tee, irons are firing well.

no photos... but... south east london if anyone is in the area you know today wasn't prime golfing weather.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went out for a late afternoon round and swapped to my carry bag, forgetting to put any balls in.
Bought a sleeve of Q Star Tour in the pro shop and definitely pleasantly surprised, seems like a very decent ball and at £27 a dozen a contender going forward.

Played ok, managing an 80 with a bit of a dead arm from my covid jab on Friday. Had some trouble swinging with any real speed but still ok with the 80.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Would have been a pity to go a weekend of glorious sunshine without hitting a ball but by the time I managed to head out (7.20pm) the sky had clouded over - still nice though.

Played the first four holes on the Medal and the last three, took the carry bag and just a driver and half a dozen irons (nothing longer than a 6 iron) - enjoyed it a lot and hit the ball well - drives on the last three holes were as good as I've ever hit in my life - sadly I doubt the surprise arrival of a baby draw will be there by Wednesday's comp. Putting was decent too.

Noticed on the first green that the head cover for my Scotty was missing and was pretty sure it was there when I left the house, so retraced my steps on the way home and someone had put it on a wall at the side of the footpath so happy result.

IMG_5272.jpg
4th green Monifieth Medal

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hammered down for 30 mins then sunshine during round 2 of our eclectic. Frustrated as I shanked twice on the par 5 and lost two in the crap on our 11th scored no better than the 1st round. Had a couple of tops off the tee which boiled the urine as well. Other than that I bested the previous weeks score. Not going to win, but definitely climb the ladder.

PrimroseandBlue

Visit site
Today I sat in the car for 15 minutes to let the rain pass, and then got onto my early evening tee time.

Of course, by the 7th hole, the heavens opened. By the start of the 9th, I was a walking water hazard. By the time I got to the green, there was standing water everywhere. So I gave it up as a bad job, which was lucky as it then got worse. Oh well, another twilight tee time booked in already!

Zig

Visit site
Turns out we were at the same place yesterday! When people say this place is 'underrated' I think they're doing it a disservice. It is truly spectacular, and among the very best links the UK has to offer.
IMG_3599.jpg

Not a rain shower in sight ? (well ok, just a couple of very light ones) but a cracking afternoon for a batsmen’s innings ? aka round of golf ??‍♂️ But with a score a batsmen would be proud of... going from bad to worse at the mo but it’ll come good.

Looking from the 13th green, across the front 9 and over the Solway towards South West Scotland.

View attachment 36642