I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had the whole day booked off for my driving test which was done by 9am, so got out on the course on my own at midday.

Front nine was appalling. Just so bad. Only six points after seven holes. Finally got my first par on the 9th, and backed it up with another at the 10th. Back nine was loads better, managed 18 points and that was for eight holes as I skipped the 13th to get ahead of a four ball. Parred the 15th (210 yard par 3) for what I think is the first time. Ended up with 29 points for 17 holes which is better than it ever looked like being for a while.

I've figured out I just play crap when I'm tired. Seems obvious, but yeah, I was up at 6:30 today and my lazy unfinished fadey swing was back.

Positive was I finally found a couple of putts on the back nine, ironically by going back to something I used to do, and then changed as I thought it was causing a problem, but going back to it just felt comfortable and better. I just need to learn the greens at the new place, not try and change my putting stroke and learn new greens at the same time like some idiot. ?

Did you past your test?

Tired ??. do me a favour I’m probably twice your age also up before 7 and I’ve played 3 days on the trot. ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played 9 holes .
My mate came just for a walk around as he’s had heart surgery recently.
Shot -2 best golf I have played for a very long time.
Nice to know it’s still there somewhere, just wish it would happen more often.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in a BB competition today, organised by a large company in the golfing world with significant prizes available. We were allowed to play with another pair of friends/club members if we wanted to as long as all had CDH numbers and WHS handicaps. None of our pairings did very well but elsewhere the scoring was excellent.

The competition was won by 2 ladies playing off 23 and 36 who scored 47 points. Joint runners up were the other pairing in the group who scored 46 points playing off 8 and 17.

Now I've no idea if they were members or not and don't wish to cast aspersions but the tongues were certainly wagging afterwards.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yes.

On Saturdays I generally get up at 9 ish and on the course by 10:30, it makes a difference being refreshed I think. ?

Well done on passing test?

One of the things I like when I come down south and play with brothers is they always get to the course early have breakfast and plenty of time before teeing off and it does make it a nice relaxed start to the day.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Lost 2dw yesterday in midweek knockout. Beaten by really useful 14hcper so giving 4 shots...he played a cracking front 9 - three birdies and he reckoned 21pts equivalent - so I was pleased to only be 2dwn at the turn. Went three down after 14 but got it back to 1dwn.

On 17 I very intelligently took wrong club off the tee and stuck it in a fairway bunker. On green in 3 with him in green side bunker in 2 with difficult up and down so I was thinking ‘chance to take him up 18‘. Doh! It’s golf stupid - of course he’s going to stiff it and my putt from 20ft is going to shave the hole as it just misses - and so end of match - ah well ?

jamiet7682

Visit site
Played 4 9 hole rounds since lockdown lifted. H.I. had gone up to 33 with WHS kicking in. Par 33 course and have scored 46, 49, 43 & 51. 51 was last night in very high winds, ended up in quite a bit of trouble and realise i dont have the shots to get out if it. Few times had to just take my medicine and bump it back onto the fairway. In good conditions i reckon i could break 40 if i can get my putting improved, wasted so many last night.

D

Deleted member 3432

:poop:
Used all my shots up through the 4th and didn't bother holing out after the 9th.

Nothing positive to say about the morning whatsoever.

Cold and windy to top it off :ROFLMAO:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
though the weather forecaste was rain all day, it was pretty good, bright sunshine, but that NE wind cut right through you.

after hitting well on Monday today was ropey to say the least. didn't hit many good shots at all and drove the ball poorly, only Highlight was a birdie on SI1 13th.

would have gone and worked out the problem on the range after but was Knackered

D

Deleted member 15344

Out at 7 this morning on the parkland - an eagle and two birdies on the front 9 had me 4 under - one bogie on 13th and the rest pars gave me a nice little 3 under round. They have just top dressed the greens and the sand has helped the greens be a bit more smoother

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
First comp after lockdown..not the disaster it could have been but not good either..
Steady start with 10 points after 5 and it went downhill from there.
On the 7th I pushed my approach into trees on the right...found it but could only chip it sideways and down a big slope.
Had it got to the bottom I'd have had a reasonably easy pitch up the hill but a twig stopped the ball halfway down.
And the ball was resting up against the twig so if I moved it the ball would have moved too.
Couldn't get the clubbed to the ball and because it was only a 30 yard shot couldn't get much power to get through the twig..
Ball squirted out right again to leave me no real shot...
Rest of the round went similarly...
Ended on 27 points which is a result as far as I'm concerned

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played in the Wednesday Swindle today. Terrible off the tee and blobbed 5 holes! However, got 2 two's so I'm quids in and hit our par 5 8th in two, 3wood then 5wood - may have 3 putted but lets not go on about that!

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Not been yet - out in the stableford this evening - but I walked round to the links at lunchtime and practiced my putting for half an hour.

Loads of people milling around outside the clubhouse - been a while since I've seen that and they were largely all wearing masks, may have been that way at that time of day when the clubhouse reopened last year but I'd have said one of the notable things from what I saw last year was an absence of masks.

D

Deleted member 3432

though the weather forecaste was rain all day, it was pretty good, bright sunshine, but that NE wind cut right through you.

after hitting well on Monday today was ropey to say the least. didn't hit many good shots at all and drove the ball poorly, only Highlight was a birdie on SI1 13th.

would have gone and worked out the problem on the range after but was Knackered

Its maybe time for you and I to join a nice easy parkland, ropey golf getting punished on these exposed courses :ROFLMAO:

Was knee deep in the heather at one point, found plenty of balls except for my own :rolleyes: Driver off the deck when you are playing poo maybe not the most sensible option although I thought it was meant to be nigh on impossible to hit a draw with this shot......absolutely flushed it as well :rolleyes::mad:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Its maybe time for you and I to join a nice easy parkland, ropey golf getting punished on these exposed courses :ROFLMAO:

Was knee deep in the heather at one point, found plenty of balls except for my own :rolleyes: Driver off the deck when you are playing poo maybe not the most sensible option although I thought it was meant to be nigh on impossible to hit a draw with this shot......absolutely flushed it as well :rolleyes::mad:
don't you just hate it when you flush it and were not expecting to:LOL::LOL:

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Played last weekend and the one before... the first game I was brutal, the club stuck behind me and ball going left, two OOB on the 4th was the end of my round. Last weekend was even worse for the front 9, scrambled better on the back until I pulled two left on 16 and walked the hole when I couldn’t find either.

A week off and then I’ll see if I can find a swing again.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Had a mate as a guest today and he got a basket of balls on the range, I grabbed half a dozen to play a few 5 iron warmers, thinned the first then hit 3 shanks in a row!

Front nine was awful and I scored 10 points but pulled myself together on the back nine for 18 points.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Mmmm - 30 points in the stableford tonight - mix of very good (not enough of it but when it was good it was very good) and rank awful, apart from a few of the putts and chips there was little mediocre stuff out there.

Used old school card and pencil and signed in via the console (How Did I Do terminal), it was a novelty being in the locker room to do it - not sure if we are allowed to use app instead - app did seem less faff last week.

People sitting having a beer outside clubhouse as I signed in got treated to a cracker of a hailstorm and it was cold as we teed off, but by the time we got to the back nine it was warm, remarkably still for here and I found myself to be over dressed.