I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Went out on my own yesterday afternoon and got stuck behind 3 incredibly slow visitors who had no intention of letting me through. Had a 3 ball immediately behind me who were getting very frustrated by the pace of play, and were right up my backside from the 3rd hole.

Had to wait an age for every shot, and played badly. Managed to jump in front of the visitors after 5 holes by missing 6 and 7. Had the course to myself after that and played miles better.

There is obviously a big correlation between the pace of play and level of performance.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Best round in about 18 months today. 89, nett 68, 37 points and included at least 3 silly missed putts. Best part was there were no topped drives - game is so much harder when a drive only goes 70 yards and you're facing another 300 for your second shot.

Has your h/c increased since we had our HFH challenge? think we were both off 17 then, I scored 90 yesterday net 73 in first medal of season pleased enough with that as we have been playing off a much shorter course all winter, I’m still off 17.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
went out for a few holes with gordy, he spotted what the problem i had yesterday was straight away, fixed it and hit it very well. only played around to 8th then cut in at 15.

i just need to remember what it was now:giggle:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Large society out today mainly members so later than our usual start time and two of our mates guys pulled out. The two of set off behind one the slowest known 4 balls we got the the second tee and decided to give up. Quick back to the pro shop and got booked in just in time to get out on the 9 hole course and join a single player. Nobody paying well but nobody playing particularly badly. Nice to be on greens that have yet to be hollow tined and sanded made me realise just how well I am actually putting.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
The last post in here, I was struggling to break 100 laying terrible, anyway I had a lesson and what a difference, from 102 and 100, I went 90, 82 and today 80, my ball striking is so much better and putting practice is paying off too. slight downer on today was that I caught a branch of a tree on the last and went in the water and finished the round with a double bogey 5, I have never broken 80 around our course in a comp and I just missed out.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Rain stopped so i went out and played 12 holes on the Medal - 1-9 and 16-18. So much better than last night but still lots of room for improvement in consistency.

Was carrying and managed to drop my pitching wedge in the rough on the third - didn't notice till approach to the fourth so got an extra 1000 steps or so in going back for it.

Greens are quite quick and course is playing well.

IMG_5152.jpg
Bunker in middle of fairway 85 yards short of third green: Monifieth Medal

IMG_5154.jpg
9th (par 5) approach pictured from back of 8th tee: Monifieth Medal

IMG_5157.jpg
Looking back down the 8th from the back of the green: Monifieth Medal

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
We played a 3 man T/Scramble at Bonnyton , we all played well net 59.6 sitting in 3rd place when we left .
My mate Roger got his 1st hole in one at the 175 yard 14th, sadly I was the nominated driver for the day:cry:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Played my now customary Thursday night 9 holes with daughter tagging along for the walk.

As there was no one on 8 or 9 I decided to play the back 9 rather than the front.

Considering I'd spent much of the day in the car, not eaten since lunchtime and had absolutely no warm up. I played reasonably well. For a change I struck the ball ok, but not particularly well off the tee, and managed to get it in the hole. It turned into the best I've shot on tbe back 9 so far since joining thr club.
Nothing earth shattering, but I'm pleased with a 41, which included a very annoying double on a par 3.

The last two times I've played I've shot 41 for 9 holes. Once on each 9. Which is a marked improvement from, a 95, 49 and 47 the previous 3 trips to the course had produced. So I know there is a decent score in me somewhere if I can string it all together.

AAC

Visit site
Played in the 1st round of the club singles KO (Captains Prize) last night, good tight match against a nice friendly opponent, neither of us played our best but both threw in a few good moments, I managed to sneak a win on the 1st extra hole.

AliMc

Visit site
Played yesterday evening about 5 o'clock with my mate, gp score on the go, playing well only 3 over after 14 (off ph 6) when the heavens opened (at Sunny Dunny of all places !) absolutely drenched, finished bogey, double for 79 and differential of 5.9, not one of my best 8 but have six 5.9's now, handy to have for when the next one (5.1) of my best 8 drop off in 7 rounds time

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I, currently, do not have a functioning golf game....
Moments of respectability surrounded by oceans of inability
Going to be a tough medal on Sunday day.....#willibreak100?:((n)

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Left home at 05:50. Back home by 07:55 having done 18 holes and round in 78. Amazing how fast you can get around when no one holds you up and you keep the ball on the fairway.

D

Deleted member 21258

Think I found the swans nest, that I took a picture of a little while ago putting on a display, right next to the tee :-

1619788973933.png

Links course taking on summer shades down south :-
1619789180237.png

The castle and Snowdon looking great and summer shades coming along :-

1619789258060.png

Golf been pretty good, really enjoying being back out.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got out for 18 holes, was a bit all over the place, thinning a couple out and beyond with too much loft. I am still shakey with my irons, I just cannot get relaxed and keep feeling I need to prevent coming over the top. This then totally ruins my strike, stop thinking about that stand any way to it upright or flat and boom down the middle from the centre of the head ... so maybe their is a bit too much paralysis by analysis !
Managed to stay in the buffer zone for the round with 2 unpleasant pars to finish. The 18th was a hook off the tee, then a draw around the trees with a hybrid and then a chip to 4ft... I was pretty fed up, but looking back I blew at least 5 shots on 2 holes so stop that and the scoring will become a bit respectable and sink a few birdies as well and then it’s a different round altogether.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think I found the swans nest, that I took a picture of a little while ago putting on a display, right next to the tee :-

View attachment 36404

Links course taking on summer shades down south :-
View attachment 36405

The castle and Snowdon looking great and summer shades coming along :-

View attachment 36406

Golf been pretty good, really enjoying being back out.
Fantastic when it's sunny. No better place to be than out on the links.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Today it was mainly freezing cold, the showers turned into freezing cold persistent rain and because it is spring and my mitts were in my locker my hand were numb. We played "on the perch" a four handed match which despite not producing a winner was an extremely interesting match.

We didn't get round in less than 2 hours.