I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I played today and hated it. Course was rammed. On the 3rd hole we had some *** hitting it up our ass even though we were a 2 ball stuck behind 4 ball groups ahead who would not let us through. My son nearly got hit 3 times, one literally passed his head by a foot and if he had taken a step to the left it would have hit him full on, no shout of fore on any of the shots. On hole 8 which has a heavy left to right fair slope someone on hole 5 sliced his ball to the middle of the 8th fairway and proceed to walk across the fair to his ball as we were going to tee off and proceed to stand there for 5 minutes, then waved at us to play while he stood in the middle of our fairway, I then had to ask him to play his shot and move out of the way when he then proceeded to run back to the 5th while leaving his clubs in the middle and his ball. by the time this had occurred the 4 ball behind was on the tee with us, we teed off and he then wandered back pick his stuff up and wandered away. We quit after 9 holes and 2.5 hours.

I ain't renewing this year, might nomad a bit, my brother in law who plays another local course said it was rammed at the weekend and someone got hit in the head as well.

I'd have been knocking some heads together there, no need for that kind of behaviour on a golf course.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Played pitch and putt with the boy this morning. Had a shocker, but more importantly we had a good laugh at my expense.

Squeezed a quick 9 in tonight and other than a horrible double on the second, hit it pretty well. Distance control was decent and as the greens have improved massively, chipping and putting was much easier. Shot a tidy 41.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Got a typical Nairn day rain wise, raining in Inverness, but fine out there, got round dry, played well, 3 birdies one bogey rest par, off the daily tee's mind. Way better than Sat bogey fest, round pretty quick too, round in well under 3 hours. greens were rock hard though after all the dry weather and winds we have had the last few weeks, hope some of the rain forcaste makes its way there this week, the course needs it.

After mentioning we hadn't seen and Dolphins this year, well they were back today and by the look of it a whole pod heading up the Moray firth spread from the shallows out to deep water, must habe been at least 20 odd today:love:.

Last edited:

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Medal today. Another steady round in blustery conditions. -1 gross. So hard to know what it’ll knock off handicap wise. But creeping up on a scratch hcp. ?
Medal win and index to 1.0.
Once the Titleist order of merit updates on HowDidiDo I may be up in the top 16 qualifiers, added bonus if I can keep the form going.

AliMc

Visit site
I'm getting a bit repetitive here but another lovely day at 'sunny dunny' Dunbar, another GP score but most unlike me 2 lost (new) balls, gross 79, should be enough to come down 0.1 to hi of 5.3

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Worst round of my life on Saturday still has me broken mentally now.

7 off the tee on one hole. 7.

Range this week to get back in the right frame of mind for 18 holes, I was playing my best golf - then this!

GOLF EH

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm sure a forum member will be along at some point this evening to tell us about his 'once in a lifetime' shot ?

I've always said a hole in one is pure luck........ ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Four man team 9/6/3, and 85% of cap.
One team still had three players getting 28 shots. And a 25 .
They beat us by one stroke.
Played out of our skins but only second.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm sure a forum member will be along at some point this evening to tell us about his 'once in a lifetime' shot ?

I've always said a hole in one is pure luck........ ?
It’s the only perfect shot I have ever played. Only had one!
It’s what your aiming at.
Every other shot has some sort of miss in it but a hole in one is perfect

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played today

Some cracking shots, great recovery but alas poor card

However it goes into the throw away section of the 20, well 12 for me so I now have 4 cards counting

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Hamptworth earlier today. First time i've played there. Nice course, really enjoyed it. Back nine seemed significantly more difficult than the front.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Best round in ages today 8 over and a win in the first Div.

Our greens are slowly improving after being hollow tined and topped dress in March but with no rain since. Only two putts missed due to the condition of the greens compared the half dozen or so each time in the previous rounds.

Probably no change to H.I as this round replaces a very a very similar round that was my 20th.

D

Deleted Member 1156

A little bird tells me that 2 of our esteemed forum members had holes in one today. Well done guys!

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
First round in the club matchplay this evening. A lovely 170 yard 5 iron to 6ft on the par 3 3rd and a birdie, put me one up. Then proceeded to lose 8 of the next 9 holes to end up losing the match 7&6. This was a mixture of me playing poorly for a number of holes and my opponent playing far better than his handicap of 23. He only missed one fairway with the driver. To rub it in he then parred the next three as we continued with the remaining six holes.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had the whole day booked off for my driving test which was done by 9am, so got out on the course on my own at midday.

Front nine was appalling. Just so bad. Only six points after seven holes. Finally got my first par on the 9th, and backed it up with another at the 10th. Back nine was loads better, managed 18 points and that was for eight holes as I skipped the 13th to get ahead of a four ball. Parred the 15th (210 yard par 3) for what I think is the first time. Ended up with 29 points for 17 holes which is better than it ever looked like being for a while.

I've figured out I just play crap when I'm tired. Seems obvious, but yeah, I was up at 6:30 today and my lazy unfinished fadey swing was back.

Positive was I finally found a couple of putts on the back nine, ironically by going back to something I used to do, and then changed as I thought it was causing a problem, but going back to it just felt comfortable and better. I just need to learn the greens at the new place, not try and change my putting stroke and learn new greens at the same time like some idiot. ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
After 12 holes am 4 under then proceeded to have 2 triple bogeys. Ave never filled the swear box so quick. Managed to get it together again and finish with 71 on a par 73 In a medal. Winning me division and second overall. Some of me golf was sublime. One of me triples the ball was 1 yard OOB. I hit a screamer of a drive and two bad bounces and it trickles OOB. Flippin game.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Limited edition Stan Smith golf shoes; yes or no?

Attachments

• B061C9F7-97A0-4C76-8295-21538D2A1A5C.jpeg
    B061C9F7-97A0-4C76-8295-21538D2A1A5C.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 4
Visit site
Had the whole day booked off for my driving test which was done by 9am, so got out on the course on my own at midday.

Front nine was appalling. Just so bad. Only six points after seven holes. Finally got my first par on the 9th, and backed it up with another at the 10th. Back nine was loads better, managed 18 points and that was for eight holes as I skipped the 13th to get ahead of a four ball. Parred the 15th (210 yard par 3) for what I think is the first time. Ended up with 29 points for 17 holes which is better than it ever looked like being for a while.

I've figured out I just play crap when I'm tired. Seems obvious, but yeah, I was up at 6:30 today and my lazy unfinished fadey swing was back.

Positive was I finally found a couple of putts on the back nine, ironically by going back to something I used to do, and then changed as I thought it was causing a problem, but going back to it just felt comfortable and better. I just need to learn the greens at the new place, not try and change my putting stroke and learn new greens at the same time like some idiot. ?

Sounds like you are just a better driver in the morning :p