I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
People shouldn’t be scoring that high in medals if they are a 16 handicapper - if they already know they aren’t going to trouble the scorers then pick up when the score has got ridiculous and move on. I can not imagine how many holes his group lost on the group in front.

Wish clubs would put on a limit when it comes to medal - play to a certain level first before being allowed to enter them

What sort of comment is that. Hardly inclusiive is it. That is the sort of sentiment that puts golf back into the dark ages.

You have no evidence that the individual who scored 110 was holding play up, or indeed lost several holes on the group in front - you have just made an assumption. I have not played a medal since 2019, but my last four medal scores were between 101 and 103 (I was off 23 at the time). I can assure you that any group I was in did not lose many holes on the group in front as a result.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
People shouldn’t be scoring that high in medals if they are a 16 handicapper - if they already know they aren’t going to trouble the scorers then pick up when the score has got ridiculous and move on. I can not imagine how many holes his group lost on the group in front.

Wish clubs would put on a limit when it comes to medal - play to a certain level first before being allowed to enter them
The guy is 16 handicap - what would your limit be - cat 1? single figures? Scratch?

D

Deleted member 15344

So it wouldn't have affected this at all :confused:
It wasn’t in response to just this one single Incident, we now see handicaps going up to 54 - why ? It was fine on 28 , someone can now score over 100 and win a handicap competition , where is the incentive , it’s ridiculous ,but it’s starting to digress and it’s getting late

D

Deleted member 1147

What sort of comment is that. Hardly inclusiive is it. That is the sort of sentiment that puts golf back into the dark ages.

You have no evidence that the individual who scored 110 was holding play up, or indeed lost several holes on the group in front - you have just made an assumption. I have not played a medal since 2019, but my last four medal scores were between 101 and 103 (I was off 23 at the time). I can assure you that any group I was in did not lose many holes on the group in front as a result.
How many is too many?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
It wasn’t in response to just this one single Incident, we now see handicaps going up to 54 - why ? It was fine on 28 , someone can now score over 100 and win a handicap competition , where is the incentive , it’s ridiculous ,but it’s starting to digress and it’s getting late
That's a separate topic - this is 'I played today and..' - and it works quite nicely

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Oh dear sweet Jesus H Christ.....
On the verge of giving up...what a shower of .......
I joked with a mate that, after a 2 under back 9 yesterday, I'd p,ay like a geriatric penguin today.
I'm sorry to report that even a geriatric penguin would have handed me my rear today
Pitiful doesn't do it justice..........
Where's the For sale forum.........:(:poop::poop::poop:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Played 10 first thing this morning, was hooking absolutely everything to start with, was very frustrating.
Played well after that, 3 wood was going miles, had 3 birdie putts today, never made one but signs that I’m getting my confidence back, need to cut out the silly mistakes though, short game not great today which is normally my strong point, tight lies are so hard to chip off for me at the moment.
Greens at Culcabock were absolutely superb.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I joked with a mate that, after a 2 under back 9 yesterday, I'd p,ay like a geriatric penguin today.
I'm sorry to report that even a geriatric penguin would have handed me my rear today

bit of a harsh nickname from your brother ;)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
A game of 4 halves today

Stableford comp off the whites (for the first time) and started on the 10th. 1 point after 3 holes, finished1st 9 on 15points turned on to the front 9 and things picked up with 18 points on the first 6 holes including a birdie on the 1st and 3rd (si 1 and 2 inches from an eagle) finished poorly in very gusty cold winds for 32 points

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stableford today, was going okay had some good breaks, although the putter was telling me it was happy to miss everything on the practice green. Got hungry towards the end, sailed through a couple of greens into the wind .. clearly wasn’t a 2 club wind when I went through by to clubs .. did that twice .. was totally confused or I must of just middling them as they sounded hit.
Might switch up the regime and get more course time ... so it will be out in the evenings now, play a few holes and just see if that helps.
The hybrid looks like it’s going to get switched out ... has a closed face left bias.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

Erse handed on a silver platter 33-22. yes a proper pounding even off my bandit handicap.
He wasn’t happy .................
But I was ???

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I played today and hated it. Course was rammed. On the 3rd hole we had some *** hitting it up our ass even though we were a 2 ball stuck behind 4 ball groups ahead who would not let us through. My son nearly got hit 3 times, one literally passed his head by a foot and if he had taken a step to the left it would have hit him full on, no shout of fore on any of the shots. On hole 8 which has a heavy left to right fair slope someone on hole 5 sliced his ball to the middle of the 8th fairway and proceed to walk across the fair to his ball as we were going to tee off and proceed to stand there for 5 minutes, then waved at us to play while he stood in the middle of our fairway, I then had to ask him to play his shot and move out of the way when he then proceeded to run back to the 5th while leaving his clubs in the middle and his ball. by the time this had occurred the 4 ball behind was on the tee with us, we teed off and he then wandered back pick his stuff up and wandered away. We quit after 9 holes and 2.5 hours.

I ain't renewing this year, might nomad a bit, my brother in law who plays another local course said it was rammed at the weekend and someone got hit in the head as well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played today and hated it. Course was rammed. On the 3rd hole we had some *** hitting it up our ass even though we were a 2 ball stuck behind 4 ball groups ahead who would not let us through. My son nearly got hit 3 times, one literally passed his head by a foot and if he had taken a step to the left it would have hit him full on, no shout of fore on any of the shots. On hole 8 which has a heavy left to right fair slope someone on hole 5 sliced his ball to the middle of the 8th fairway and proceed to walk across the fair to his ball as we were going to tee off and proceed to stand there for 5 minutes, then waved at us to play while he stood in the middle of our fairway, I then had to ask him to play his shot and move out of the way when he then proceeded to run back to the 5th while leaving his clubs in the middle and his ball. by the time this had occurred the 4 ball behind was on the tee with us, we teed off and he then wandered back pick his stuff up and wandered away. We quit after 9 holes and 2.5 hours.

I ain't renewing this year, might nomad a bit, my brother in law who plays another local course said it was rammed at the weekend and someone got hit in the head as well.
Christ. It sounds like your club is full of total idiots. ☹️

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Been a while since I've posted, not been doing much of merit since lockdown, all social golf.

Today was a good day though, +6 on the front and +3 on the back for a 9 over 80. Left a couple of very short putts out there so could have easily been a 78/79. But, aside from that everything just clicked today and boy did it feel good.