I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played Kings course today, 2 over after 6, a miracle I know, then I crumbled for 6 holes and then played steady golf again, even a tap in par on the 18th after a fine 50 yard pitch.
First game in a couple of months so happy enough, I’ve got to accept that I have a family and job and time is not a luxury for golf, as much as I would love it to be, I’ll get there in time though....
Got to say the greens are the worst I’ve ever played on though, even the amount of pitch marks was poor, it takes 2 seconds to fix one.
i'd agree with you there Brian, i played there for the first time in a couple of months a week or so a go and the course was in a shocking state, divots everywhere, tee's trashed and as you say tons of pitch marks. people either don't care of can't be bothered to repair them

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Well it was good to be out again - nice quick fourball this morning , 1 under par with 4 birdies and three bogeys ???

Greens were in superb condition and the rest did the course some good

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just 9 today, back to 18 from Sunday.
19 points - can't be unhappy with that.
Felt I was protecting my knee on a few shots and lost a couple of drivers miles straight right..recovered to make bogies on both shot holes so no damage done.
Chip in birdie at the last as well for a +3 39.
Content.
And, so far, no adverse effects on the knee.

Mandofred

Visit site
79 today with a weird/silly double bogie. Good enough for 38pts....but not good enough. Guy I played with had 45pts and yet another hole in one. He just had one a week or two before lockdown. Hit his tee shot a bit thin and low.....and I made the comment "you got lucky" because it looked like one of those crap shots that turns out ok. It turned out more than ok. I haven't even come close (let's say within a foot) in several years. Happy happy happy with my wedge play....stuck a lot of short wedges within a foot or two of the hole.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played 9 holes .
I have to say with the rain we have had the last few days the course didn’t look good.
There are so many worm casts that the mowers have flattened it looks awful.
This is because regular mowing gets rid of them gradually but with less work going on it’s all flattened at once.
It’s only cosmetic and the grass will grow through but that might take time.
Rest of the course is really good.
My game was ok just nice to be out.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just 9 today, back to 18 from Sunday.
19 points - can't be unhappy with that.
Felt I was protecting my knee on a few shots and lost a couple of drivers miles straight right..recovered to make bogies on both shot holes so no damage done.
Chip in birdie at the last as well for a +3 39.
Content.
And, so far, no adverse effects on the knee.

Be careful with that knee. Don't want an adjoining bed next to HID next week. Decent shooting for a comeback and a dodgy knee.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
A quick 9 around the Dunes.

Bottled the back 9 as have work at 1130 and was quite busy considering the darkness of the clouds about to soak everyone!

After a double on the first. Toughest opening hole on the 3 loops in my opinion, I then went 1 under through the next 3 to get back within handicap.

Finished 5 over. More than happy with that considering the only thing I had with me that wasn't new was the bag carrying the clubs!

PrimroseandBlue

Visit site
I got out this morning to play the par-3 nine-hole course at Adlington in Cheshire. Hit 50 on my first round, 45 on the second. Which I didn't think was too bad given the rather damp conditions. It was quite hard work- the greens were in a great state and quite firm, but the fairways unsurprisingly fairly boggy in parts after days of rain. Its a nice little setup down there.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Went off at 10am frost was gone by then 36 points off a shorter course, hit the ball well but left a lot of putts short due to the slow greens, no wind bit cold but was a pleasure to be out.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to Nine of Herts with my dad. We hit 25 balls each on the driving range first (taking it in turns to hit 5 each as only one bay is actually under a shelter ?). Hit my new 7 wood, went lovely as I'd hoped. Hybrids were all huge fades, irons were all slight fades. Then we played the nine hole course. Weather was miserable, rained the whole way round, but not quite what you'd call a horrendous downpour, just steady consistent rain. My dad made a par before I did, on the second! We both played alright though, he managed 18 points playing off 36 (not official but we always play him off two shots a hole), and I managed 17 points playing off 16 - have absolutely no idea how many shots I would have got off the new system so I just stuck with 16 (or 8 over nine holes obviously). Only had one shocker when I thinned an 8 iron into a bunker off the tee and took two shots to get out as it was drenched and solid. Ended up with a triple there. The greens are absolutely appalling there, might have holed one or two putts otherwise. Some parts of the course we're absolute marshland as well. But overall, pretty happy, and damn it's good to be back. ?

Clubs, bag, jacket, gloves, headcovers all currently surrounding the plug in heater so they dry out for tomorrow.

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Went to Nine of Herts with my dad. We hit 25 balls each on the driving range first (taking it in turns to hit 5 each as only one bay is actually under a shelter ?). Hit my new 7 wood, went lovely as I'd hoped. Hybrids were all huge fades, irons were all slight fades. Then we played the nine hole course. Weather was miserable, rained the whole way round, but not quite what you'd call a horrendous downpour, just steady consistent rain. My dad made a par before I did, on the second! We both played alright though, he managed 18 points playing off 36 (not official but we always play him off two shots a hole), and I managed 17 points playing off 16 - have absolutely no idea how many shots I would have got off the new system so I just stuck with 16 (or 8 over nine holes obviously). Only had one shocker when I thinned an 8 iron into a bunker off the tee and took two shots to get out as it was drenched and solid. Ended up with a triple there. The greens are absolutely appalling there, might have holed one or two putts otherwise. Some parts of the course we're absolute marshland as well. But overall, pretty happy, and damn it's good to be back. ?

Clubs, bag, jacket, gloves, headcovers all currently surrounding the plug in heater so they dry out for tomorrow.

Not sure I'd have bothered with the 9 holes given how wet everything got. Pleased the 7 wood is going well but you know the score with new clubs, they only give you one round out of the wrapper and then the magic dust wears off

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
No round, but went to the range tonight to swing a club for the first time since before lockdown.

Really happy with how it went, focussed mainly on some easy wedge shots which were going much better than pre lockdown so maybe to break has done me good.

Ready to attack the course on Saturday now, especially with the new handicap of 15

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure I'd have bothered with the 9 holes given how wet everything got. Pleased the 7 wood is going well but you know the score with new clubs, they only give you one round out of the wrapper and then the magic dust wears off
It was pre-booked and paid for like most places, and after a month out I was happy to play in practically any weather. :D I just hope it's all rained out today so tomorrow is better.. not counting on it. Apparently the 'feels like' temperature will be minus one. :oops:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Another 48 point winner. Top seven places get some sweep money back but I wasn't even close. Getting a bit fed up with it, to be honest.

48 points.... jesus christ! Well done on your round - you got robbed!