I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Well, the new driver I bought for Portugal next week worked wonders. 12 fairways and other two just light rough.

2 pars to finish with 36 points and the win.

At least my last game for a month ended well....

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not many miles south of @Homer we suffered likewise....Teed off at 10:24 - walked back into clubhouse half an hour later utterly drenched after struggling through two holes in torrential rain being blown horizontal by the wind...and we were followed in by the vast majority...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
supposed to play Nairn Yesterday morning, forecaste was 80% chance of rain with with high winds, we dec to meet up anyway, just as well we did. chucked it down on the way over, but by the time we got to the 1st tee, it was clearing. so off we went prob our last game of the whites for this year, by the 1st green the sun had come out, by the 5th it had warmed up so much the waterproofs came off, even slow dave was down to shirtsleeves.
not a breath of wind. quite please how i hit it esp with the driver, par golf, though i did get away witha few poor 3 woods off the tee.

home by 12, got ready to take Rupert out for a run on the bike, bright sunshine when we left got up by loch ness and the wind really picked up, almost got blown off a couple of times, then the rain started, wow, so heavy i couldn't see a thing so we headed back via the canal, almot dark by 4, had my sunglasses on so make it harder to see where i was going. by the time we were back in Inverness all the cars had lights on , got soaked... but so glad it was out walking the dog and not stuck on a golf course when it was like that

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played today and I completed the set. All it took was for my four foot par putt (not even hit that hard) to bounce out off the insert and stop inches away. I decided a long time ago those are not holed for me.

Attachments

• FC8F8E5A-EE1F-4F4D-9BF2-CD26E252446A.jpeg
    FC8F8E5A-EE1F-4F4D-9BF2-CD26E252446A.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 15

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Struggled today, just couldn’t keep my concentration, bloody leaves everywhere in the fairway, even though the Hoover’s have been out all week!

looking for balls all the time is no fun, then losing your own line on your own ball, it was just a slog.

I was in & out during the match, so inconsistent off the tee, and not offering much support to my 2hcp partner at times, but then I finished par par to win the match after we were 1-down on 16 ?

1B1F256E-3E4D-4B6D-8F14-F4B30D3A2FF0.jpeg

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played Warley park. Didn't enjoy a second of it.
Been struggling with my depression and was wide awake from 1.30am.
I think nailing my testicles to a table would’ve been more enjoyable

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I'd written off this weekend in terms of going to the golf course, was just going to hit in the garden (Brandon Dunes yesterday, but moving on..). Following the announcement I thought I'd go and duel with the wind for 10 holes before dusk.
Just after I'd teed off it started to rain, after hitting 2nd shot the rain became harder. No umbrella, had my glasses on, thinking is this stupid. An up & down par encouraged me to carry on, thankfully the rain passed after 2, and pleasingly I started with 5 pars ?
The wind was increasing making 8 & 9 tough - finished 3 over for the 9. Pleased I made the effort ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Potentially the last game for a month and think I'll be glad of the lay off. Gloriously inconsistent and got the massive snap hooks going on. Had a better tempo and hit it better yesterday before we got rained off (It came down insanely hard). At least this time I have a net I can put up and use if I get the inclination

D

Deleted member 1147

9 holes before work this morning - probably my last game before December

boggy underfoot, but the greens were excellent. Nice to see the lads hand mowing the greens, even though there will most likely only be two more days of play for a month.

The head greenkeeper threatened that he's going to start a government petition to make the lockdown last even longer. So that he can get all the drainage work and course maintenance done with no pesky members getting in the way. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
First 18 at my new club North Warwickshire (Meridan) bone dry, few showers tho nothing heavy took the carry bag with half a set no driver. played OK shame I joined 1st Nov officially :-( halved the matchplay lipped out on 18 from 10ft for the win. #WOunded

D

Deleted member 21258

Rushed out Saturday afternoon as thought we may go into an earlier lockdown on Sunday, decided to go out in style, so took the old wood driver, old 7 iron and an old blade putter.

Played 9 holes, lost a ball in the leaves, another into the sun. But other than that, hit it well. Even hit a decent driver shot off the fairway on the 9th, so end with a buzz rather than style:LOL:

Going to miss golf, hopefully see you in about a month.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last game before lockdown, overcast start but then the sun came out and it was a glorious afternoon. A light sprinkling of rain caused a vivid rainbow to appear behind the clubhouse as we came down the 18th.

Golf wasn’t bad either round in 82 in pretty breezy conditions.

D

Deleted member 3432

Got out today for a last knock before lockdown. Forecast was not good, windy with plenty of rain so wouldn't normally have bothered but we decided to chance it and got lucky with the rain skirting around us and a manageable 3-4 club wind.

Hardly anyone else out and really enjoyed it despite not playing particulary well early on. Worked out the problem stood on the 8th tee and played steadily after that with the exception of pitching my tee shot on 12 in the gorse 20 yards past the flag. Slight wind and new iron misjudgement :oops:

Yet more heavy overnight rain leaving flooding in parts of the county and I doubt there was any parkland golf played in Cumbria today. Silloth comes up trumps again :cool:

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played for my club’s seniors away in a local league ... 4BBB ... my PP and I won on the final hole. Only started playing for them last month and this was my second match. My first competitive win! Ryder Cup here I come.

D

Deleted member 18588

Last golf for a month and I only managed three holes☹

Walking away from the third tee I slipped slightly and hyperextended my right knee. Managed to hobble up the third but by the time I reached the green it was too painful to continue.

It took nearly 20 minutes to hobble back to the car by which time the knee was swollen like a football.

Still at least I have a month for it to recover?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Last golf for a month and I only managed three holes☹

Walking away from the third tee I slipped slightly and hyperextended my right knee. Managed to hobble up the third but by the time I reached the green it was too painful to continue.

It took nearly 20 minutes to hobble back to the car by which time the knee was swollen like a football.

Still at least I have a month for it to recover?

Not good. Hope you've not done too much damage but as you say a month to rest it now. Perhaps a sign from the golfing gods it was never going to be your day out there anyway

D

Deleted member 18588

Not good. Hope you've not done too much damage but as you say a month to rest it now. Perhaps a sign from the golfing gods it was never going to be your day out there anyway
Level par through three, but I somehow don't think it would have lasted!

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Four of us stood on the 1st tee and it took a 5 second discussion to agree we were playing off our "proper" handicaps ?
We had the exact same conversation, which ended two seconds after I asked them if any of them knew how many shots they'd receive under WHS.

It turns out the answer was on the charts the club had posted by the locker room door the day before and which we had all walked past.