I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Monthly stableford. Started well and one under handicap after 5 holes. Fell apart after that to go out in 15 and then frittered shots all over the place on the back nine. Putted terribly and to be honest lost interest and heart after about 13 which isn't like me and perhaps more frustrating than not swinging well

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Richings Park today - our usual 4 ball back together, was nice as one of us has hardly been around this year due to working on his new house. Very noticeable drop in temperature as it was only around 13°c I think, plus a howling gale to contend with. At one point hitting into the wind I had to hit 23° hybrid to go 150 yards!

I started par, par, bogey which was tidy enough, then had a nightmare with a bunker on the 4th and blobbed that. But parred 8 of the next 10 holes after that! Ended with a 2nd blob on the 18th after I waited forever for the wind to die down on the tee, then rushed it during a brief bit of calm and duffed it.

So finished up with a round of 82 for 40 points. 11 pars which I'm sure is a new record high for me, 4 bogeys, one double and two trebles/blobs that did the damage. Still very pleased with how I played though. Although it wasn't my best ever score at 12 over, to get that many pars I'd say it was one of the best rounds I've played. Smashed the other lads as well as they shot 92, 95 & 105 I believe. :p

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
83 in today’s medal, lost a ball on the last or would have made buffer.

After a couple of absolute shockers recently it was at least a return to some form. Last appearance at 10 I think.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Quick back 9 before work this morning just to keep the swing from seizing up....a tad breezy again..
3 bogeys, 5 pars and a birdie up the last for a +2 20 pointer.......
That'll do....

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good weekend of golf. 3rd place in a Gent's Open on Saturday at an away club and a nice handicap cut followed by a new PB in a medal at home today and another cut. So handicap cut by 1.7 over the weekend and money banked on both days.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
senior open, tee's off at 8.20 freezing cold, ball went no distance at all, drove it poor, hit my irons badly and putted poorly, 77 gross. made bogey when i did hit the fairway and par when i missed it:LOL:... on the positive i chipped quite well:censored:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played first game in ten weeks and was dreadful. Actually worse than dreadful. If it was a stableford I would have had one point after five holes.:eek: Ball striking improved after that, but with greens fast and true I putted with the touch of a surgeon, sorry sturgeon.:(

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Close but no cigar in today’s Sunday roll up, but we won our Matchplay so was a free days golf, we’ll kinda, except for the ??? at the halfway house ?

No score after what I thought was a decent drive on 9, but nobody saw it into the sun, but still managed to turn with 17 points.

Then I messed up on the 11th, but still battled on with the odd birdie and pars to come in with 18pts, scoring 35pts overall ?

My partner Lee scored highest on the day with 39, we dovetailed at the right times, and only surrendered 2 holes to eventually win 5&3 ?

Good day in great company, now resting before my trip to Scotland ??‍♂️

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Came third in yesterday's 36 holer. Best score of the afternoon which was a surprise as I was only 1 under the course par. (Nett). 0.1 up in the morning and 0.2 off in the afternoon. Every little helps ?

Zig

Visit site
Alarm call at 4:40AM, out of the house by 5AM, teed off at Seahouses at 7:25, and finished by 10:10AM.

Awesome. Blowing a hoolie, winter hats and its in use, but perfect. Just perfect.

And home for Sunday Dinner, without anyone noticing I'd been out. ;)

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played today, after a couple of great performances in the last few weeks I was feeling confident but just didn't have it at all.

Wind was up and really didn't help the situation.

Got 29 points with 3 blobs. We go again.