I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 1740

29pts but played much better than Thursday abomination. Oh and the new driver is working ?

Visit site
So 2nd round today, and what's with my putter!!
Knocking them in from 10-20ft, got to -3 but finished -1 but I'll take it. ?

D

Deleted member 21258

Late tee off at Beau, 5.00pm, out and back in the vehicle within 3 hours.

A mixed bag, 3 birdies, one lost ball, couple of doubles, putting great, almost chipped in for eagle on 18, clipped the edge of the cup(cups raised), so probably wouldn't have dropped normally but a takeaway birdie to end the round with.

Long wait to next weekend........

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
First game for 9 weeks and after remembering to hold the thin end I parred the first!
20 points on the front 9 nine and 2 up on my PP.
17 points on the back 9 and lost on the last.
Didn’t try and swing too hard didn’t really lose too much distance
Might try again on Saturday
I ache like I’ve never ached before and need a nap

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First game since middle of March and boy did I enjoy those 9 holes.
Round in 1 hour 15 mins and 18 points so happy with that.
Bad start as I couldn't find my first tee shot in the light rough and a 3 putt on the last was poor but pretty happy otherwise.
Only downside was that the greens desperately need water.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Quite enjoying getting paired with people I probably wouldn't meet.

Today's lucky dip of random playing partners threw up a really nice guy, 72 year old, member for 38 years.

Going to experience this on Wednesday. I've got a guy I've never heard off teeing off with me. Allegedly off 28 and nervous he might be 28 on paper and 18-20 in reality so could get hustled if he fancies a few pennies on it

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Going to experience this on Wednesday. I've got a guy I've never heard off teeing off with me. Allegedly off 28 and nervous he might be 28 on paper and 18-20 in reality so could get hustled if he fancies a few pennies on it

bit disappointing your first thought is he’s manipulating the system instead of looking forward to helping someone potentially new to the game.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
bit disappointing your first thought is he’s manipulating the system instead of looking forward to helping someone potentially new to the game.

Not at all. I think many of us have come across those that get allocated a handicap and are better than the figure given. As I don't know him (and none of my Whatsapp group have heard of him so assuming he's a new(ish) member) he'd never have had a chance to play any comps to get the number down before lockdown. I AM looking forward to it. Nice to meet new people, have a laugh but importantly get out for a full 18. I don't remember suggesting he's manipulating the system. He might be 28 playing to 36. Doesn't matter a jot either way to me.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not at all. I think many of us have come across those that get allocated a handicap and are better than the figure given. As I don't know him (and none of my Whatsapp group have heard of him so assuming he's a new(ish) member) he'd never have had a chance to play any comps to get the number down before lockdown. I AM looking forward to it. Nice to meet new people, have a laugh but importantly get out for a full 18. I don't remember suggesting he's manipulating the system. He might be 28 playing to 36. Doesn't matter a jot either way to me.

why think about handicap or competive position of you v him or that just because he is 28 he has a dodgy handicap. Just look forward to having a game of golf and chat and a lugh with another person playing the game you love. Who cares what his handicap is. You may choose to have a game between yourselves, so do that, enjoy it, relax and have fun

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Thats a lot of waffle to pretend you have a very short memory......

Allegedly off 28 and nervous he might be 28 on paper and 18-20 in reality so could get hustled if he fancies a few pennies on it

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Thats a lot of waffle to pretend you have a very short memory......

Allegedly off 28 and nervous he might be 28 on paper and 18-20 in reality so could get hustled if he fancies a few pennies on it

But if he is 28 going on 36, it should be cracking even battle, with my money on the newbie ?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played on Sunday with a random player, who was a decent guy who it turned out lives just a short walk from me. Played some fantastic holes and had four birdie putts within 12 ft (one was just 4 ft) all of which I missed. My new Mizuno driver appears to have give a bit more distance than my old Nike one, which is making some holes easier to reach in two. As well as the good stuff also had some really poor holes and would have picked up 31 points.

Managed to get out again late yesterday and played with someone who I had been paired with for one of our pairs knockouts. We had tried to arrange a game pre-lockdown and by chance there was a free space against him on the start sheet. Another enjoyable round and although the birdie opportunities were not there was far more consistent for 38 points.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Another 9 with Imurg , this time on the back 9 at Ellesborough

You may recall that I did him 14-6 on the front 9 last week..

Well this time it was a bit closer, but still did him 16-14

12 points each after the 16th, (OK to be fair i got half of those in the previous 2 holes) but a sideways drive on 17 lead to a blob for the BIG fella
While I was fairly steady for 2 points each hole to claim ANOTHER Victory

Back to 18 holes next week, different ball game :)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just won my 1st of the 2nd series of 9 hole Matchplay comps in our mini-league 5&4?

I’m still in 2nd place now on 7 points, waiting to pounce ?