I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Another 9 with Imurg , this time on the back 9 at Ellesborough

You may recall that I did him 14-6 on the front 9 last week..

Well this time it was a bit closer, but still did him 16-14

12 points each after the 16th, (OK to be fair i got half of those in the previous 2 holes) but a sideways drive on 17 lead to a blob for the BIG fella
While I was fairly steady for 2 points each hole to claim ANOTHER Victory

Back to 18 holes next week, different ball game :)

Has he given up the game now?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Has he given up the game now?
You know me better than that J....:LOL:
Two poor tee shots, 1 a lost ball and the other leaving me with no realistic option to score..
Other than that I'd have had him!
But it's hard when he posts things like "That's a 7 for 1" on a 380 yard par 4.....:poop:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You know me better than that J....:LOL:
Two poor tee shots, 1 a lost ball and the other leaving me with no realistic option to score..
Other than that I'd have had him!
But it's hard when he posts things like "That's a 7 for 1" on a 380 yard par 4.....:poop:

he needs shooting!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
First 18 holes today, god I was awful.
6 points on the front 9, 3 lost balls.... improved slightly on the back 9 for 15 points, and another lost ball....
The highlight was a 260 yard drive to an uphill fairway on our par 5 14th which left me 233 yards to the green, hit a decent 3 wood which must have got a bit of run as it finished on the back fringe, eagle putt ran by and I made par. :(

Played a set of Dunlop Tony Jacklin woods and irons from 1971 (hope he doesn't read this, he'll be driving over to my house and demanding them back) with a Dunlop Arnold Palmer putter. All in a vintage bag and on a vintage "Prince" trolley.

1589919362949.png

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
First 18 holes today, god I was awful.
6 points on the front 9, 3 lost balls.... improved slightly on the back 9 for 15 points, and another lost ball....
The highlight was a 260 yard drive to an uphill fairway on our par 5 14th which left me 233 yards to the green, hit a decent 3 wood which must have got a bit of run as it finished on the back fringe, eagle putt ran by and I made par. :(

Played a set of Dunlop Tony Jacklin woods and irons from 1971 (hope he doesn't read this, he'll be driving over to my house and demanding them back) with a Dunlop Arnold Palmer putter. All in a vintage bag and on a vintage "Prince" trolley.

View attachment 30764

Pencil bag packed with the vintage clubs. Weather looks favourable tomorrow so teeing off at 5.45 in the evening.

Target- better than bogey golf. :)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Out at 7.30 this morning. Perfect conditions and the back 9 was deserted. Really happy with how I played, left the driver in the bag, hit my 5 hybrid off the tee, irons were nice as well. 19 points, would have been a lot better if the putter was working!

Good news is we are back to 18 holes from this weekend.

D

Deleted member 3432

1st knock since February this afternoon.

Round in 3 hours exactly which was nice. Couple of birdies but some absolute dross in amongst it.
Seemed to have forgotten how to shift weight on downswing :rolleyes:

Silloth in great condition after 8 weeks without rain, fairways running fast and bouncy.

Bunkers not in play yet but a lot of revetting work was done over winter so they are looking good when all the sand goes back in.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
1st full 18 after playing one round on front and one round on the back. Straight from work so anything could have happened. In the end 29 points so not a catastrophe. Highlights included drive and 5 wood to to the 400 yard par 4 ninth (flag at back so playing about 415) which ended 6 feet away. Also drained a monster 25 footer for birdie on the par 5 fifteenth. Lost a ball on the 5th which was a downer and the irons which were off on the front nine on Sunday are still ropey. All in all though a solid foundation. Glass half full. Three hours ten but the pair two groups in front were holding the group ahead of us so back nine was bit slow

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lovely day out on the fairways, played with my good buddy and giving away 11 shots , lost the first but a right old ding dong of a game finally seeing him off with a birdie 2 on 17 to win 3&2 . Shot level par 71 , easily best of the year :LOL: and reckon our BB score would have been 47. Just a same we couldn't have a cold one afterwards but those days will come .

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Last warm up game before playong my mate tomorrow. Bragging rights worth more than a few quid.

36 points. Slow start again, but came home with 21 points. Certainly think Himalayas is my fav 9.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Lovely weather was calling me, & spotted a visitor tee time up at hinksey heights. Was pretty busy, there was a two ball approaching the green, and another 2 ball waiting in the wings when I teed off solo. Just returning club to bag when a guy rocks up asking to make a 2. I obliged as it made sense. He was a new member.
Round was a bit of a reality check, couldn't string a run of holes/shots together. Greens were also slow & a struggle for me. That said somehow managed a couple of birdies in there. And the views of the spires against the blue sky were quality.

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great play Gary, remind me again what clubs you were playing?

My dads old advantage irons. Made in scotland. 1 3 and 5 woods and a forged 2 iron that I added which is the same style as the irons. First time using that. 2 good hits and 1 awful slice.

The irons went so much better than I thought they would. No gap wedge. Just pw and sw. No lob either. Kept things very simple. Rough was long so any green side chips were done using the sw.

Putted using an old bullseye.