I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 16999

Might stick to playing on my own:eek:

After a couple of decent midweek rounds I had a complete car crash today and finished 7 over handicap!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
16 holes and 37 points allowed me to pick up the spoils today, only 29 putts and that was with 2 x 3-putts, lipped out twice for birdies so still plenty in the tank, #YOTF lll is well on track, oh, and homies in for a hiding ???‍♂️

jamiet7682

Visit site
Only managed 9 hole today as the wind was getting stupid. Shot 49 so consistent if nothing else. Cant wait until the ground is dry and the ball actually rolls.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played the Oxfordshire yesterday, tee’s, fairways and greens were in good nick and nice to play on. However half a yard off any of these and it was an absolute bog.
Lost 2 Drives that must have plugged in the mud a yard or so into the first cut, it really was chalk and cheese between the short grass and ANY other piece of land.
We’re certain they must have built and up a drainage/sand layer under the tee’s, fairways and greens when they built the place but no F’s were given when it came to the rest of the course!
Decent game though and a great laugh with my nearest and dearest, just what golf is all about for me.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Phase 1 of Fragger's handicap rehabilitation complete...
1st card for over a year in and we got absolutely drenched......
My usual mixture of sublime and ridiculous but I did par the 17th which means it's taken me 8 rounds to par every hole on the course.
Dont know if that's good, bad or indifferent but it was probably the only positive from today.
I'll let him tell you how he got on....

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I played today, against Imurg at Ellesborough, put in a supplementary card as my handicap is currently inactive as didn’t play much last year

17/14 to me on the front nine , then the rain came and it got quite wet and windy and unpleasant, had a birdie chance lipout on the 11th but fell back for 13 on the back, 30 in total, but still more than himself:) ??

He claims he had given up playing seriously due to the weather and was only there to mark my card.

Yeah yeah yeah ???

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I played today, against Imurg at Ellesborough, put in a supplementary card as my handicap is currently inactive as didn’t play much last year

17/14 to me on the front nine , then the rain came and it got quite wet and windy and unpleasant, had a birdie chance lipout on the 11th but fell back for 13 on the back, 30 in total, but still more than himself:) ??

He claims he had given up playing seriously due to the weather and was only there to mark my card.

Yeah yeah yeah ???
So who's marking your card next week then...?

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
had a nice birdie on the 3rd today at the Leicestershire, a couple of pars too but nothing else to shout about. Very wet in places, borderline open/close, greens were great, smooth, slick and true

the conditions today were so different to last week in Portugal, where I was playing in 23* with a cooling breeze

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Managed rounds on Thursday and yesterday. Thursday was fairly decent but windy and struck the ball well for an 88 (albeit with 4 temp greens), Yesterday the ground was too soft really with some drives plugging in the fairway and was not as consistent.

The positives are my 3-wood, which I am beginning to hit well with some consistency and putting in general (although still missed a couple of three footers).

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Had 18 holes for first time in a while yesterday in what was to have been our March Medal (but was changed to a non-Q). A couple of holes shortened so that the field didn't trample over very wet fairway - thereby risking wrecking in for much of this year - but on all 18 greens. And our new bunkers were in play - and they looked splendid. So a bit of hope for better things to come - some day. But it was nice being out - a nice sunny afternoon in the main - and a nice friendly 3 ball we made.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Pairs comp yesterday (both stableford scores counting off 90%). We finished 13th out of about 32 groups so mid-table but I didn't play well. My partner was pretty steady but having seen the scores I don't think had I played even averagely we'd have caught the winners.

Usual roll up today. More mediocrity and the short game really struggling again.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
didn't play but hit some balls for the first time in ages. in my new private driving range...

well, sort of the old 6th at Torvean had a mat area at the back of the tee and someone had been in and cut the grass last week (its going to be a green space when the new canal bridge and road layout is done) got a couple of the old OOB posts and marked at 100,150 and 175, good to go(y)(y)

ground a bit we so a few of the balls plugged, but was flushing it... mind you ache like buggery now:LOL:

Last edited: