I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Played my last Swindle at Westerham. Opened with a proper birdie. Fairway, green, putt. Happy.
Then wobbled with a double (no sand in the greenside bunker; one reason for leaving) and a bogey before birdieing the par 3 4th. Then mix of pars, bogeys and two doubles for the rest of the round. Out in 41, back in 43. Must do better!
Need to work on pitching and thinking harder about club selection and trusting that I'm going to hit a good shot and picking the right club. New ones arrive mid July - fingers crossed!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Best 2 from 4 at our place, I really struggled with the driver on the front nine - my back issue is affecting my game more than I perhaps thought. Turned it around on the back nine a little and played much better.

Jamie was at Longley Park in the junior open, came in around 11th out of approx 70 golfers.
Flushed a 5 iron on the par 3 - 4th and got a "STRIKE" from an onlooking Rick Shiels.

Shout out to the guys at Longley - they really do put on a well organised event for the their junior open.

Longley.jpg74144501307__050DB29C-A132-4A35-8863-F2114BD1A54A.jpeg

Last edited:

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
only 33 points in the roll up, 2 consecutive birdies helped negate the three n/r.

started the round with a kirkland, ditched it after 9 and putted so much better, although I'm sure it's not the ball at fault

played a few great approach shots onto the green, so just need to cut out the card wrecking holes

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Took a day off today as I was going to take the wife out .. but she said she needed to work so I was told to play golf ( well I heard that)
I had to go early as the seniors had the morning booked from 9-12 for their competition. I got in at 7:45.. not a soul in the car park , pro shop closed. I just headed off and played millionaires golf it was fab! I had several 3 jabs .. del mar and short range is too difficult for me! 2 x 3 off the tee due to some errant shots but still shot a nett 72 .. I think I May resolved my driving woes and my iron play was okay.. short game was okay but definitely could improve and the putter was a disaster at the beginning but I managed to resolve it

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Took a day off today as I was going to take the wife out .. but she said she needed to work so I was told to play golf ( well I heard that)
I had to go early as the seniors had the morning booked from 9-12 for their competition. I got in at 7:45.. not a soul in the car park , pro shop closed. I just headed off and played millionaires golf it was fab! I had several 3 jabs .. del mar and short range is too difficult for me! 2 x 3 off the tee due to some errant shots but still shot a nett 72 .. I think I May resolved my driving woes and my iron play was okay.. short game was okay but definitely could improve and the putter was a disaster at the beginning but I managed to resolve it
My Odyssey #9 didn't do it for me on Saturday and will be rested. To be fair the Anser PLD and Odyssey V-fang 2 ball also mis-behaving so off to the putting green tonight to grind the 3-5 and 6-9 footers that Arcoss is telling me I'm losing strokes on

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My Odyssey #9 didn't do it for me on Saturday and will be rested. To be fair the Anser PLD and Odyssey V-fang 2 ball also mis-behaving so off to the putting green tonight to grind the 3-5 and 6-9 footers that Arcoss is telling me I'm losing strokes on
Thing is I like the lightness and feel but it’s a temperamental bar steward on the short ones

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Played my best golf for some time over the first 8 holes, 3 over gross -4 nett. Then felt my back go on the ninth tee. I could have cried. Struggled on for another 5 hole's but had lost mobility and couldn't do anything. Had to call it a day on the 14th and hobble round the rest of the course whilst the missus finished her round.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out with CVG this morning, a bit chilly but it warmed up nicely...
Starting on the 10th with a par is never a bad thing and being 1 over after 4 holes was a good start.
Bogeys followed but turned level handicap - albeit 4 or 5 shots higher than it should be......
A level handicap 2nd 9 until the last where I made my only really poor swing of the day and made a double
35 points is the best return for some time, a small cut coming and only 1 double..
And I was, mostly, in control of my ball....
Quietly pleased.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Out with CVG this morning, a bit chilly but it warmed up nicely...
Starting on the 10th with a par is never a bad thing and being 1 over after 4 holes was a good start.
Bogeys followed but turned level handicap - albeit 4 or 5 shots higher than it should be......
A level handicap 2nd 9 until the last where I made my only really poor swing of the day and made a double
35 points is the best return for some time, a small cut coming and only 1 double..
And I was, mostly, in control of my ball....
Quietly pleased.
Welcome back

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Stableford comp today.

Nearly holed my approach on the first for an eagle, left the 5ft birdie putt 2 inches short then missed the ball as I casually leant over and tried to tap the ball in!! Nearly a 3 but ended with a 6!!

Bogeyed 3 of the next four holes before going on a run of pars that lasted from the 6th to the 12th....some courtesy of some quality putting. Regulation bogey on the 13th, pard 14 then hit an average drive on 15 which got a wicked bounce of the firm fairway (the bounce was very hard all over the course, holding greens was nigh on impossible...needed a very linksy sort of game to score well!!) requiring a simple chip out sideways....missed the green from 180yds, chipped, got a wicked bounce leaving a 25footer for bogey which was missed.

Nailed a hybrid on the par 3 16th from 167 yds to just 3ft (bounced short on the upslope of the apron, popped up and ran on 15 yards to nestle by the flag) for a birdie before slipping on my tee shot on 17, hitting a tree left just 100yds away. Plotted my way back to the green and eventually settled for a bogey 6. Crap end to the round was compounded on 18 as I found a f/way bunker off the tee, escaped with a wedge and then saw my approach from just 120yds bounce and sail through the green leaving a downslope chip off a scrubby dusty mound, left it short and two putted for my only blob.

Ended up with 36 points, winning score was just 38.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
last time i played, coming off the course at Tain, there was a very familiar looking guy getting out of his car. i couldn't help Stare, to which he replied its rude to stare, then walked off to the practice ground. Turns out it was the guy who played the Hound in GOT.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played the Seniors open at Walmley along with GG26 today.
Got off to a good start after bogeying the first for 1 point I holed out from 65 yards for birdie on the second and 4 points but then gave it straight back with a lost ball on the 3rd.

The round continued in an up and down fashion heading for mediocrity but then a par for 3 points on 17 and a 6 iron to 2 feet on the par 3 last and holed the putt for 4 points saved the round and got me to 35 points which, surprisingly, was good enough for 3rd place in my age category.

Hopefully be a small cut too.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Seniors section day out to Hearsall Coventry. Exchange day - very good value - course in very good condition.
30 of us in teams of 3 randomly drawn.
Best 2 from 3 with all to count on par 3s.

Came home with 3rd team prize (12 Mizuno RB 566) and one of the three nearest the pin prizes (a thermos bottle thingy)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Picked for club match vs Tylney Park at weekend. Very excited as I have a score to settle having found a way to halve my away match last year from 2 up with 2 to go as my playing partner (better ball matches) suddenly forgot how to play the game. Want the same pair this weekend lol. To be fair I'm playing well and glad to be picked so will enjoy the day. I like Tylney and have developed a lot of good friendships over the years

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had our final shield match yesterday, a win would mean we topped our group and progressed to the divisional finals, I was first out and happily played really well particularly on the first 9 which I played in 39 shots 3 over and despite losing the 12th I won 6 and 5, we ended up winning the match 4 1/2 to 1/2 and so progress, like our bronze team (handicaps over 20) we also have another team in the handicap groups and they are 99% certain of winning their group too, so we should have 3 teams playing in the divisional finals which are at Huyton & Prescott, a course I haven't played before.