I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shot 84 in the comp this morning. Out in 40, back in 44. Only one triple on the card which I'm happy with. Hopefully the wind kicks up this afternoon and CSS goes up, a buffer at least but a cut would be nice.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I practiced today, had a very good session, really pleased with what I achieved following my lesson on Friday, must have been out their in the baking heat for about 3 hours, totally unheard of from me, but much more productive than just playing.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice little 4BBB at Accrington GC today with Karl102, Liverbirdie and Ste Lingard. Cracking little course, superb design and very tricky greens. Me and Karl took the money with 37pts vs 36pts. Nowhere near the prizes I think but some lovely golf played by all.

Was a great track! Would he ugly recommend a visit. £12.50 for a Braid course was a steal! We all had some good purple patches. Ste’s ball striking was immense!
Bet the greens could could be destructive if they shaved them a bit!

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shoulder held up fine, still only about 70% mobility but improving all the time.

How are you finding the AP3's Karl? Have an itch that's currently circling these and mp18 mmc's :)

Get me some dates for a game soon 👍

Definitely bud! Drop me an email! Summer hols start On the 20th :clap:

AP3’s are mint. Really enjoying them. Need the 48 wedge though as the lofts are strong. Takes some getting used to. Think the mmc’s Have weaker lofts. Both stunning though!

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
16 over par front nine, 3 over back nine, :confused:

"Luckily" I had a major blow out on the par 3 second (6 over par.....) so might have just made buffer.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
5th round of the week today. Played well every day except Friday when it mattered for handicap. Got a massive blister on one of my little toes now though due to the hard ground.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
2 day trip, today was Moortown. Full write up to follow in a day or two. Drove like a legend, couldn't hit a second shot for love nor money. Awful, soul destroying. Finished okay so hopefully I'll bring it together for Alwoodley tomorrow.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
8 over front 9, with 2 balls out of bounds for 17 points then caught fire on the back 9, 1 under for 26 points and 43 total and a gross 78.

Really felt in control of my game at the end but sinking a few 10 feet putts really helps the score. More of the same be nice.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I played Machynys Peninsula yesterday - played much better than I have done, didn’t score great as every mistake was punished by a lost ball, and my short game cost me a few.

Feeling positive with 4 rounds in the next week.

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played The Grove yesterday on an away day; we obviously paid for the privilege but genuinely believe it was money well spent. Arrived early to be greeted by a fantastic young man named Sam who explained the day, showed us to our "named" locker(s). Had a nice bacon roll, then off to hit a few balls at the driving range/chipping area.

Had a fairly decent round with a score of 31 points which put me in the top ten - winner had 38 points which was a great round of golf. I found tee to green not that difficult at all, but the greens absolutely exposed my terrible putting and reading of greens and that is where I lost far too many shots.

All in all a fantastic day and would definitely go back after I have saved up a few pennies! There was suggestions within the group we may try Woburn next.