I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played with my work society at Silverstone yesterday.

Played very well, 4 over after 9, struggled to make pars on the back and ended up 13 over, battled the elements from brilliant sunshine to a hail storm followed by thunder and lightning.

Came 2nd with 38 points but won the overall comp as I took the least amount of putts with 31.

Also won the longest drive with a 250 yard bomb that was straight into a 2 club head wind.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
OMG, the greens are suddenly back to being half decent after maintenance a few weeks back and I can’t putt!

Wednesday 31 putts = 73
Today after a cut and roll 38 putts = 80

Desperately need putting practice!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Absolutely fantastic day for golf,bright sunshine hardly any wind and the course in great condition. Played 4 days on the trot again so looking forward to a rest tomorrow.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Got out on the course 5 times in Feb and again on the 2nd March. Had not played again until today - 5 weeks without playing!
Club put on a Texas scramble. Each player must take 4 tee-shots and one must be on a par-3. We have 5 par 3s.
Team HIs were 4.5 (me), 5.7, 13.5 and 14.6. Worked out as a competition handicap of 7.
First two holes we took my tee-shots, the 2nd is a par 3. Fairly chuffed with that after not hitting a ball for 5 weeks.
We finished 6 under par gross and 13 under net for third place out of 20 teams. Actually tied 3rd with 4 other teams, but we blitzed the back 9.
Course is still too muddy - OK for a fun event like today, but I'm in no hurry to play any handicap qualifiers on it.

Last edited:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Friday swindle today and the good form continues. Back on the grass tees for the first time this year (for me) and what a difference it makes for alignment. 2 over on the front nine for 18 points and 2 under on the back for 22 points. Another level par round and a cut which should see me down to 2.9. We always play pound, pound, pound for front, back and overall. I won the back and overall and shared the front. Only downside is I now have £30 worth of one pound coins in my pocket

Smoj

Visit site
Went out to play my 5th round in 5 days, quite excited that the club I play at has changed the back and front 9 around yesterday, decided with the great weather today to book a fairly late afternoon tee time after work at 15:30, it was very busy all day, wasnt many tee times after 15:30 but took 3.5 hours on the front 9 for a 1 ball for some reason, and looked even more busy on the back 9, so only played nine. which is fine, as I might of over done it this week 😄

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Went out to play my 5th round in 5 days, quite excited that the club I play at has changed the back and front 9 around yesterday, decided with the great weather today to book a fairly late afternoon tee time after work at 15:30, it was very busy all day, wasnt many tee times after 15:30 but took 3.5 hours on the front 9 for a 1 ball for some reason, and looked even more busy on the back 9, so only played nine. which is fine, as I might of over done it this week 😄

Seriously? Wouldnt have lasted more than a hole or two at that pace!

Teebs

Visit site
Drove it great (missed one fairway), putted pretty well but tragic on approach shots today - just couldn't find any rhythm and the swirling wind didn't really help at all.

Managed to birdie the last for a 79 gross. First of 3 cards to establish my handicap so that would put me at 5 (79 gross - 72 par - 2 for handicap card).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We went to Oakland Park today. My wife's first round back since having the baby - at a course where she got her best ever round last year (I also got a best score that day of 75 but I don't count it as my official best as it's only a par 67 and very short). The sun was out, I've really been looking forward to it. So obviously I played like a complete turd.

First hole I hit fairway and green so had high hopes, but three-stabbed, then sliced the 2nd tee shot into trees resulting in double bogey. Par 3 3rd hole I completely forgot how to play, two duffs followed by knifing it through the back and I just picked the ball up and moved on. I did manage 3 pars on the front nine but they were interspersed with more rubbish.

Had a short spell of competent golf on the back nine, three pars in a row but two were on no-shot holes so they didn't really fix the damage done. Finished the round by making a total hash of the last three holes, a strong double, double, blob finish to make sure I walked off absolutely furious. An 87 gross for 29 points.

Wife did ok, not an amazing score for her but she managed to get round and really enjoyed being back on the course on such a lovely day. Her enjoyment and the weather were my only positives really on a day where I pretty much fatted or sliced about 70% of my of shots and putted terribly as well.

Also, I was trying my new ball for this season for the first time - Titleist AVX. Impossible to judge when you play this bad but I did seem to be hitting it shorter than usual. Me or the ball, who knows. First major comp of the year this Sunday, I'd been playing well and looking forward to it, now I've got no idea.

Teebs

Visit site
Drove it great (missed one fairway), putted pretty well but tragic on approach shots today - just couldn't find any rhythm and the swirling wind didn't really help at all.

Managed to birdie the last for a 79 gross. First of 3 cards to establish my handicap so that would put me at 5 (79 gross - 72 par - 2 for handicap card).

What a difference a day makes...

Perfect weather and a pretty empty course. 2 birdies, 2 bogies for a level par 72. Putting is really coming along after some hard work which is nice to see..

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
My season didn't get off to a great start, last sunday in our clubs opening mixed greensome, my partner and I managed the grand total of 20 points, we both played poorly, Thursday in my first singles comp, I felt that I played better but only scored 19 points, Friday and my mixed partner were in the club team for an interclub mixed knockout, although the team won the match we were hand a dog license, we didnt play as bad as it sounds but one of our opponents had a hot putter and hardly missed a thing.
I was beginning to think i had lost it but played 9 this afternoon and finally felt I was playing like I could, parring 6 of the 9 holes. |I hope I can now kick on this season and put in some decent rounds.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thats a shocker, my 4 ball around 18 holes on a championship links was quicker than that on Friday

D

Deleted member 15344

Scratch match this morning

Started bogey ,bogey ,double bogey, bogey , double bogey 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 4 down after 5 😂😂😂

Managed to take it to the 18th after being 4 under from the 6th but left myself with far too much and lost on the last

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Roll-up this morning. Striking the new irons really well, and the PW and GW give me much more confidence with chipping. Went around in 87. Only broke 90 3 or 4 times last year, so its looking good for the new season (famous last words).
Do you happen to know the loft of the gap wedge on your new set?
I've been really struggling with the gap between my 921 HMP PW and my 54. Got a t20 48 and I'm very hit and miss with it.