I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Do you happen to know the loft of the gap wedge on your new set?
I've been really struggling with the gap between my 921 HMP PW and my 54. Got a t20 48 and I'm very hit and miss with it.
I believe that it is 48. It’s a JPX923 Hot Metal. The rest of my irons are the Hot Metal Pro, but they don’t make shorter irons than the PW in those.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
First major comp of the year, Easter Cup medal. Initially I was a bit gutted to be drawn in the 8:00 group (far too early for me) but it ended up being ideal as there was no one to hold us up, while the group behind us lost two complete holes on us. Plus I had a good group of guys I've actually played with before and get on well with.

My golf wasn't as bad as Friday, struck the ball ok for much of it but gave away too many stupid holes. Birdied the 5th but three doubles on the front nine put me 3 shots over handicap. Back nine was pretty steady until a very crap triple bogey on the 16th killed any hope I had of salvaging an ok score. Ended up with a gross 83 (our course is still playing 17 holes though), so a net 70 which is 5 over. Very much a midtable finish. Weather was beautiful though. Made a nice change.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played as a 3 ball today and it was suggested we play a scramble. I was up for that until I was told the other 2 would “scramble” and I was on my own against them

Gave them 8 shots and I lost on the last

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played Mount Pleasant (nine holes only) today with my wife and my dad. The weather was absolutely disgusting, but we'd booked and paid in advance - stupidly thought it would be nice all weekend. Had some ok holes but the weather made it a complete joke. Ridiculous winds and buckets of sideways rain lashing into you. My umbrella, which my wife was using with my trolley, bit the dust on the 4th hole when it inverted and two of the spokes snapped. We walked off after the 8th, and I swear just as we reached the 9th green the rain stopped and the sun came out! I'd managed three pars (including the last two holes for a decent finish) but two doubles.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played a local 9 hole course with my Dad this afternoon near Mablethorpe, varying holes, couple over 200 yards with an absolutely brutal wind.

Went round twice and the 2nd time was 3 over par.

Thoroughly enjoyable round, especially as it was with my Dad 😊

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
4 of us played the 2010 course today at Celtic Manor and the Montgomerie course the day before, the Montgomerie was pretty good but a hefty walk with trolleys. The 2010 was pretty good with some spectacular views but the overnight rain left it pretty damp and soon after we tee'd off the wind got up to about 40 mph which made a long course almost impossible to score on. I'd certainly like to play it again when it is dryer, much less windy and when the grass is cut to its summer level.

The hotel was good and we got to watch the Masters finish on TV. Also the staff throughout the complex were all very attentive and made the experience a good one.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
A new course for me today Macclesfield, we have an interclub match there next week so went for some practice. It certainly gave my legs a good workout, the first hole it straight up the hill and that set a tend for most of the front 9 holes, The course is split by a track and it seems that some of the back 9 holes were added to the original course. I did enjoy it and didnt play too badly, I certainly hit my long shots well.

It will be an interesting match next week as we will be giving quite a few shots.

Smoj

Visit site
Decided it wasn't 'that bad' and went out after work when it was raining. played well, but it just got too wet and started to get cold around the 4th hole so decided to cut my loses and just play 9. was +2 over 9.
it was also a lesson in how to keep an umbrella involved in the round by putting it in my bag while taking a shot, facing what ever way the wind was blowing.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
a very different round of golf for the Peter Aliss memorial with a shotgun start. 13-16 in level par and it got called off…

Rain went away so we went out for a knock. 10-18 in 4 over, stupid double bogey on 12… my head was all over the place on the tee and chunked the 4i about 20 yards into the heather.

1-5 in 3 over, short game let me down. Still. +7 for 18 I was happy with. Hindhead slowly coming out of hibernation.

Attachments

• 7D37B277-45C9-4DD5-9959-A125C31DCA52.jpeg
    7D37B277-45C9-4DD5-9959-A125C31DCA52.jpeg
    457.3 KB · Views: 6

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Back at Coxmoor today for the first time in 4 years . Love all the changes and it's great set up now . Alas earlier greens maintenance meant the greens were not great today and the fairways still showing effects of last years heat .

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Ugly day today..
No consistency in any part of my game except my failure to find the middle of the face...
Hit 1 good iron, 3 decent drives, a couple of pitches and 3 good putts.....
Index up to 5.8 and could be reaching 6.4 tomorrow....

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Wow it was a windy one this morning. Downwind drives were absolute bombs with 3 over 300 yards, oh how it feels to play like a pro… into the wind and it was back to reality and struggled to hit it 200.

Another low round of 73, I have no idea where this is coming from… today was a bit more normal in the sense of inconsistency, a triple on 2, birdied the SI1 7th with a 5i to 3 feet and then doubled the 9th where I barely set foot on the fairway! +5 for the front.

Back 9 was ridiculous, short game was an absolute masterclass including 5 up and downs, 1 from the bunker on 16 and a chip in on 15. -1 gross for the back with 3 birds.

7/13 FIR 8 GIR 26 putts 😬
Long May this continue!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played in the roll up this morning, forcaste was poor, with high wind and rain predicted. Not that windy and no rain, though it was pretty cold, be surprised if it even made double figures. Hit it ok again but the greens were quite slow. Used a Bridgestone B RXS which I liked, plenty of distance, stopped ok and soft off the putter, might have to give them another try.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played in the roll up this morning, forcaste was poor, with high wind and rain predicted. Not that windy and no rain, though it was pretty cold, be surprised if it even made double figures. Hit it ok again but the greens were quite slow. Used a Bridgestone B RXS which I liked, plenty of distance, stopped ok and soft off the putter, might have to give them another try.
I went from Bridgestone RX/RXS, to TaylorMade Tour Response, and now this year I have a box of Titleist AVX to use, but a month ago I was using up my last couple of Bridgestones that I still had in the drawer, and started wondering if I'd made a mistake moving on from them. Good ball and I could definitely go back to them if I don't fancy paying through the nose for Titleist all year. :D

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Supposed to have played today in the first home inter-club Seniors match, but it was called off a couple of days ago due to the predicted weather. As it happened the course was closed today due to yesterday's downpour. Never known my course to be closed in April before due to ground conditions.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I went from Bridgestone RX/RXS, to TaylorMade Tour Response, and now this year I have a box of Titleist AVX to use, but a month ago I was using up my last couple of Bridgestones that I still had in the drawer, and started wondering if I'd made a mistake moving on from them. Good ball and I could definitely go back to them if I don't fancy paying through the nose for Titleist all year. :D
I was given some tour response and Avx to try a couple of years ago. Tbh I wasn't keen on either. Particularly the AVX hated putting with it.