I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Enjoyable round at Grims Dyke golf club with @Orikoru this afternoon!

Played alright tee to green but awful on the greens 😂 a great afternoon and catch up though! Also I can confirm that Wenzels is a pretty impressive pre-round spot to grab some food 😍

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Enjoyable round at Grims Dyke golf club with @Orikoru this afternoon!

Played alright tee to green but awful on the greens 😂 a great afternoon and catch up though! Also I can confirm that Wenzels is a pretty impressive pre-round spot to grab some food 😍
Indeed.. hosted @Bdill93 and his pal Simon this afternoon. The Wenzels was a big hit - they didn't quite verify that it was better than Gregg's but they must have been thinking it.

We got the best of the weather really, a downpour missed before we started, bit of drizzle early on but dry for the rest of it, and actually bordering on warm by the end. Spring is just around the corner.

I played really well to be fair, driver was straighter than it's been all year so it was nice to have that back. I struck the ball pretty well all round, just lacking a bit on the greens and didn't hole many putts of any length at all. Ended up with 34 points for the 17 holes (well, 16 and a half holes practically, unbeknownst to me they'd shortened our 200 yard par 3 to a 60 yarder). Better putting and it could easily have been 36 or 37.

As he's already stated, @Bdill93 was solid tee to green but lost plenty of shots around the greens, and Simon hits an almighty whack with the driver, we just didn't know what direction it was going to go! 24 and 22 points respectively for them, so Bdill93 took the bragging rights of the visitors anyway.

Great day all round. 👍🏻

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I played the International at the London Club yesterday afternoon. This was a 70th birthday round that my son bought just before Christmas and he , I and 2 mates played. The rain had stopped but it was a bit heavy ground due to days and days of rain but the greens were still as fast as any I've played on.

We all scored around 30 points which wasn't bad given the conditions, it was pretty windy, and not much run on the ball, the 2 holes over water were/are the best fun and I managed to clear the water both times, the shot of the day for me, a 181 yard hit over the pond to about 15 foot with a 4 wood on the 8th.

Very friendly staff there and whilst I had a voucher to play, the other 3 booked through Golf Now which saved £25 each for the afternoon round, so it doesn't necessarily pay to book directly with the Club.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
One and a half times round the back 9 first thing in a stiff breeze......jeez I can't wait for it to die down.
Birdie on 12 ( 1st time round), bogey on 14(1st ) otherwise 13 holes in level par....quite pleasing.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Forgot to mention, I shot a 1 over par 73 yesterday, annoyed because I bogeyed the last, but the impressive thing was I used a Pink Castle Tee for every Drive

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
A beautiful day at Nairn Dunbar warm sunny, at one point it was down to shirtsleeves. Golf on the other hand was absolutely... rubbish. 4th game so far this week. Going to play in the roll up tomorrow, but not bothering the weekend.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played at Alnwick today with friends from my last club. It was misty, wet and cold. We couldn't see a single green on any par 3 but thankfully there were only 2 other groups out on the course and so we managed safely between us. Had it been busy we would have walked in. Lovely company, a smashing, if slow round.

Short game, including putting, was on it today but my 19 degree hybrid will shortly be going up on the for sale section 😡

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played at Alnwick today with friends from my last club. It was misty, wet and cold. We couldn't see a single green on any par 3 but thankfully there were only 2 other groups out on the course and so we managed safely between us. Had it been busy we would have walked in. Lovely company, a smashing, if slow round.

Short game, including putting, was on it today but my 19 degree hybrid will shortly be going up on the for sale section 😡

Try a 7wood and thank me later. ;)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Nipped out after work and got 13 holes in (3 were closed and 2 I missed off as I had an appointment to get to).

2 over through those 13, up there with the best I've ever played! A duffed chip from muddy ground and a lip out costing me.

Glad i finally got my hybrid and long irons working again.

inevitably something else will fall apart next time I play - such is the law of golf.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure if this should here,or in Random Irritations but ...

Played today but due to recent rains the ground was saturated. As a result all the worms came to the surface to avoid drowning in the wet ground. Especially the greens - covered in them they were. Big, fat, monsters, slithering everywhere. I'm phobic about worms. By the end of the round I was a gibbering wreck.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Comp called off due to bad conditions but we went out anyway!

11 over and 38 points for me - pretty happy! Drove well, chipped well, putted well - just the longer irons that I need to reign in a bit!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Comp called off due to bad conditions but we went out anyway!

11 over and 38 points for me - pretty happy! Drove well, chipped well, putted well - just the longer irons that I need to reign in a bit!

..................... and now you're watching Villa school Chelsea!
I'd say you are having a pretty good day so far.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
First 18 holes in nearly 9 months. Playing with new (to me) irons in the clubs opening day Texas Scramble.

Was a bit nervy on the first tee but actually played really well. We combined well as a team for a nett 58 (-7 65 gross).

So good to be back playing Mizuno irons.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was meant to be away this weekend with HID but due to other stuff going on we stayed home. Therefore I managed to get a slot in today’s competition. One over going out, 8 pars and a 3-putt bogey🤬. A stupid double on 12 after hitting my tee shot too straight and through the dog leg which ended up in the rough and blocked out by the trees. Then birdies on 14, 16 and 17 got me back to level par which is where I finished after a par on 18. Frustratingly because of the wetness of the ground it was a non qualifier. And the best bit was it didn’t rain like the forecast said it probably would 😁