I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had a medal today, I went out at 12 noon, started with 2 pars, but double bogied the 3rd, that was the start of the rot, only 3 more pars for the rest of the round I did have 5 double bogeys and 2 triple bogeys, my game fell apart, it may have been the heat but there were plenty of good scores so most didnt have problem with it.

Having hit a new low of 8.2 last week, I am afraid I will start going up now especailly after the new course and slope ratings

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A pal of mine playing off 10 got 43 points yesterday. He is buzzing. He came arcing to a guy playing off 41 who got 49 points. He shot 100. His first 18 hole comp

Edit to say me pal who came second has just been informed he has been DQ,d for signing wrong card. ????

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played in the roll ip this morning, cool and overcast, but very nice to not play in belting hot sunshine. Hit it well off the tee but couldn't really get the putting going. Got a few days off now,looking forward to a break

Springveldt

Visit site
Monthly Stableford

2 under par for 40 points

Currently 4th on Div 1 and 5th overall ?????

Not sure the point of entering comps these days
Great round though. Our currently leader is a lad off 11 who shot a gross 72 (+2) with a treble on the last. Round of his life obviously.

I shot 77 for a net 71. Played well, 1 poor drive cost me 2 shots and I missed 3 short ones that I would normally hole. Hit my irons well and chipped well, just a couple of sloppy shots cost me a really good round.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
2 day inter club comp cancelled due to the heat, so we just had a stableford comp. Managed to score 33 points and second in my division, no idea how. I’d say the hot conditions were harder to play in than horizontal rain, hail, frost and high winds. Horrible!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hate golf.

After a 77 last week I had high hopes for the medal today. Stupid idiot.

First hole, missed a 10 inch tap-in for double bogey, so that set the tone nicely. Whole front nine was a struggle, culminating in doubles on both the par 5s, with a lost ball right on the 8th, and a pull left on the 9th needing a drop out of a ditch. Four over handicap at the half way point. Jokingly told my mates I'd just go level par on the back nine...

Promptly went and parred the next five holes in a row. Even parring 10,11,12 is a first as they're all tough ones I'm normally happy to bogey. But after the five pars I was right back in with a chance of a decent round. Wavered on the 15th with double, but parred 16 to get amongst it again. Bogey on the 17th meant I just needed a par at the 18th for a net level round which I'd have been very happy with. The 18th being a hole I've parred frequently, probably as many times as any hole.

Triple bogey. Finish on 85 for net 71 (+3). To make matters worse my mate got net 70 and looks set to claim 2nd place in division one since there weren't a lot of entrants in the heat of today. So he'll get a few quid that should have been mine. I'm genuinely still fuming now!

I hate golf.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Had the usual Saturday morning insult trading that constitutes a 4BBB match from our little group.

Was intending to buy the drinks after out of the winnings from the annual foursomes knockout competition, but my partner pushed his way to the front of the queue by holing in one on our 11th. :D(y)

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Out for 9 after work, an old boy (78) asked me to join him, he was steady as a rock, playing since he was 13 years old, he never did worse than a bogey.
I was abysmal, lost 4 balls and just struggled in general when I was that peed off on the last hole I melted a drive 60 yards short of the green, then duly fluffed my next, I just seem to go from one extreme to the other ?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I hate golf.

After a 77 last week I had high hopes for the medal today. Stupid idiot.

First hole, missed a 10 inch tap-in for double bogey, so that set the tone nicely. Whole front nine was a struggle, culminating in doubles on both the par 5s, with a lost ball right on the 8th, and a pull left on the 9th needing a drop out of a ditch. Four over handicap at the half way point. Jokingly told my mates I'd just go level par on the back nine...

Promptly went and parred the next five holes in a row. Even parring 10,11,12 is a first as they're all tough ones I'm normally happy to bogey. But after the five pars I was right back in with a chance of a decent round. Wavered on the 15th with double, but parred 16 to get amongst it again. Bogey on the 17th meant I just needed a par at the 18th for a net level round which I'd have been very happy with. The 18th being a hole I've parred frequently, probably as many times as any hole.

Triple bogey. Finish on 85 for net 71 (+3). To make matters worse my mate got net 70 and looks set to claim 2nd place in division one since there weren't a lot of entrants in the heat of today. So he'll get a few quid that should have been mine. I'm genuinely still fuming now!

I hate golf.
If it makes you feel any better, I shot 100 in last week's medal, net 89. ?
However, today, I was hitting the ball really well again (by my standards) and my lady partner and I are through to the final of the mixed summer pairs! Beat a pair who we gave 11 shots to. But it helps that Debbie plays of 9!
Playing tomorrow in the quarter finals of the men's summer pairs.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
However, today, I was hitting the ball really well again (by my standards) and my lady partner and I are through to the final of the mixed summer pairs! Beat a pair who we gave 11 shots to. But it helps that Debbie plays of 9!

When you say lady partner, do you mean @Oddsocks

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

By coincidence, I'm paying tomorrow in the quarter finals of our annual 4BBB knockout. And I'm getting 7 shots! :eek:

Can Debbie send me the name of her chiropractor? If she can play off 9 carrying you she must have a strong back :p:)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Drove it the best I can remember, putted really well. Everything in between was as bad as I could play.

85 saw me score a poor 32 points.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Club championship today. 36 holes off scratch on one of the hottest days of the year. Fortunately they divide it into two comps - the 'Cup' (the proper thing for players with indexes of 9.9 or better), and the lesser 'Trophy' (for players with indexes of 10 & above) . Means I'm playing against players only up to 9 shots better in ability. (rather than up to 20!!) Unfortunately, those us in the Trophy, started on the 8th hole - SI 1 - followed by a nasty little par 3. A tricky start. Didn't play well as I couldn't get my drives away, and couldn't putt accurately. Ended up with a 97 (an 88 would have been playing to my handicap). Pretty grim. The afternoon was rather better - after 4 holes, was 6 shots better than the morning round. The difference? Was hitting good drives, and sinking decent putts. Even had a spell of 5 pars on the trot. Finished with an 84 - the 6th best 'Trophy' round of the afternoon. Finished overall 14th in the Trophy - pretty happy with that as I started ranked 26th by handicap/ability. Also gives me a decent cut - should be a full stroke so I'd be 17.3 - my lowest index ever !!

For those who may be interested - the championship proper was won by the lowest handicapper in the club with a +7 over the two rounds. Second place was the second lowest h/c with a +8. And 3rd - you guessed it. The third best player in the club with a +9. Might not seem great scores, but it was tough going with the hard & cracked ground giving the occasional wicked bounce.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played in our Pros Day 4BBB comp this afternoon…and boy it was very warm indeed. We didn’t do that well and I felt I played poorly, but on counting back and despite losing a ball on two holes I only dropped 11 to CR - so only a couple over my CH. Must be getting somewhere.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played on Thursday.
Was very hot and the fairways were like runways, great if you hit a straight shot.
Suffering with a twisted neck I realised driver was not a comfy club to use!
It was a 5 iron off the rest of the tees and, despite 3 putting six times, I managed 30 points.
Happy with that but was fairly sore the following morning.
Valium was my friend!

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saturday,

Captains Day, 39 points which saw me into 4th overall, winner had 40, and 2nd in my division. Nice little silver plate and a John Lewis voucher for my troubles.

5 par 3's on my course, only managed 6 points, so must do better