I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After three dire rounds in a row I got a bit of consistency back yesterday with a 74 and played to my handicap. Last Sunday in a match play singles I had my butt kicked and lost to the proverbial dog licence. ?

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played in the medal yesterday, absolutely typical, hit the ball well this time by my standards, putted indifferently. Thought the bad bounces punished me unduly but probably didn't notice the good ones. Shot my handicap one over par nett. Oh the joys of a high handicap golfer, the weather was great as was the company I enjoyed my round. :)

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Quarter final of the Club summer matchplay knockout. Has to give my oppo 6 shots (shame, as this time yesterday, it would have been just 5 but my h/c went down). Two down after 2 - courtesy of putting my ball in a bush on the first, and the second lost to an outrageously long putt from off the green. However, steadied the ship and was level by the turn. Won two of the next three then stayed that way up to 16th when he won courtesy of his final shot hole. Won it on 17th with a par - nice, as its a hole I find long and am usually quite pleased with a bogie. So that's two semifinals I'm in. Hope I can make a final in at least one!

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Out before it got too warm today, 79 with three doubles ? if I can stop the silly mistakes, and tighten the short game, I’ve got a low one in me.

AliMc

Visit site
Played our semi final of the gents 4bbb this morning, me and pp both off 4.8 giving away 12 and 14 shots, I had 5 birdies out of our 6 but we lost comfortably 3&1, in truth we were never going to win, too many par 4's where they were getting easy 4 net 3's, most of our birdies were for halves, except of my two 2's !
Not saying their h'caps were too high but the number of shots we were giving seemed way too much given our respective performances, guy who was getting the 14 shots is now in two finals and 2 other semi finals, I'm not short but he was past me off the tee most times, always next year I suppose. I'm thinking of stopping submitting gp scores and just go back to using medals scores for my h'cap, I would be 7.9 if I only counted medals and might have more of a chance !

D

Deleted member 15344

Swindle today - level par for 37 points to take second

Finally found some consistent form

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nine holes at Wexham with the wife. I parred the first three so a cracking start, silly doubles at the 5th and 6th ruined it though. Two more pars at 7th and 9th for 38 (18 points). Wife played well with four bogeys, and two doubles that weren't too bad, she was disappointed to get a couple of 7s on par 3s though due to poor chipping and putting mostly. 52 scored for her. I have her off around 45 though so that gives her 21 points and the win, haha. She doesn't really care about winning on Stableford though as it doesn't mean much to her.

Springveldt

Visit site
Played our semi final of the gents 4bbb this morning, me and pp both off 4.8 giving away 12 and 14 shots, I had 5 birdies out of our 6 but we lost comfortably 3&1, in truth we were never going to win, too many par 4's where they were getting easy 4 net 3's, most of our birdies were for halves, except of my two 2's !
Not saying their h'caps were too high but the number of shots we were giving seemed way too much given our respective performances, guy who was getting the 14 shots is now in two finals and 2 other semi finals, I'm not short but he was past me off the tee most times, always next year I suppose. I'm thinking of stopping submitting gp scores and just go back to using medals scores for my h'cap, I would be 7.9 if I only counted medals and might have more of a chance !
6 birdies and still lost 3&1? I’d suggest that the handicaps may not be that accurate.

AAC

Visit site
My PP and I played in the 1/4 final of the Clubs main 4bbb knockout on Saturday, one of our opponents was giving us a few shots but his partner was also getting a couple more than us so a pretty even line up, and so it proved the match never swung more than 2 holes and generally it was one, we made a good 5 on the par 5 17th to go all square and then knocked in a swinging 6 footer on the 18th to go to extra holes and thankfully we knicked it on the 1st extra hole.

Only problem I have now is that my PP is away for his sons wedding so I will have to play the 1/2 final on my own, fingers crossed for a good day !!

AliMc

Visit site
6 birdies and still lost 3&1? I’d suggest that the handicaps may not be that accurate.
Either we're too low or they are too high but either way the number of shots we were giving was way too many, i think we needed about 10 birdies to have a chance, managing 6 and taking them to the 17th was an achievement, thinking more about it I'm in a bit of a dilemma now, Dunbar off whites is about 400 yards longer than off the yellows, on some holes there is only a few yards difference and on some others 50 to 60 yards so I generally score way more off the whites, the 8 counting scores in my current hi of 4.8 is made up of 5 off the yellows (gp scores and Senior medals off yellows) and 3 off the whites, if I had all off whites I would be off about 9. As the 'friendly competitive' games with our group are mostly off yellows I would be laughed at playing off 9 but I can't play to 5 off the whites so I think I'll not be bothering with gp scores off yellows anymore and get myself off the whites more often to get myself up a bit ? maybe I need 2 separate h'caps

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
41 points in the roll up yesterday and a gross 80 - I was very happy with myself.

Until my old man walks in with 44 points and a gross 79 (his best ever) and walks away with the biggest pot of the year so far ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Midweek Medal today, out just after 7.
Poor front 9 again, rescued somewhat by a birdie at 7 and a good par on 9 but 6 over wasn't where I wanted to be..
And it got worse as bogeys on 10 and 11 saw me with a struggle on my hands..
Gave myself a virtual slap round the head and then played the next 7 holes in 2 under....3 birdies on the bounce from 14 to 16 including a 2
So, ended up 6 over 77 for a nett 68 and currently leading Div1 by 4 shots....
Handicap cut too, and with the scores coming in ...you never know if the dreaded PCC will make the cut better...
Very hot out there and the course is taking no prisoners so ecstatic with the level par back 9.
Playing a watching/waiting game now.
Results finally in and it's a W....:cool:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
went for a practice round at Mossock Hall ahead of a final we have there next week, unusually I had to use my 3 wood off the tee a lot, really glad we went for the practice.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Quarter final of the matchplay knockout this evening.

Went 2up after 2 when my layup 6 iron which I was expecting to go 165 yards, kept going on the hard ground and ended up 12ft from the pin 210 yards away! Missed putts of less than 4ft on each of 4,5 & 6 to win those holes and was 1up at the turn. Went 3up after 11 with a good sand save despite having put my second shot OOB.

Missed a three foot putt to halve 12, lost 13, won 14 to be 2up with four to play. The 15th is a short par 3 with a stream just three yards from the left edge of the green and proved pivotal. My iron looked great when struck, but started to draw only a little, but enough to go straight into the stream and OOB. The OP holed a 40 yard chip to win 16, then played his best golf of the day on 17 & 18 leaving 8ft birdie putts on each which I couldn’t match and lost 2 down.

Was a match played in a good spirit and disappointed that my short putting let me down again, but that’s the slight tightness that can come from matchplay.

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
Started so well today. Birdie, par, par. Finished the front 9, +7 which is solid for me. Fell apart on the back slightly to hand in a pretty decent 88 from the tips.

Positive was my driving was INSANE today and beat my furthest by 25 yards. If only I was consistent with it.

Attachments

• 785576EB-6F75-443B-A3EE-1921CA726BA8.jpeg
    785576EB-6F75-443B-A3EE-1921CA726BA8.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 15