I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Out of interest what was your thought process in deciding to take on the flop shot?

Felt fairly confident and I'd hit a couple of really nice ones in recent rounds. It was sat up in the rough so i knew i could get under it, i just didn't commit enough to it.

The obvious "medal" play was a simple chip/pitch to the middle of the green and 2 putt from there and take the bogey.

D

Deleted member 3432

Felt fairly confident and I'd hit a couple of really nice ones in recent rounds. It was sat up in the rough so i knew i could get under it, i just didn't commit enough to it.

The obvious "medal" play was a simple chip/pitch to the middle of the green and 2 putt from there and take the bogey.

Lots of us are guilty of turning the easy bogey into something much more destructive.

Often boring Conservative golf is the best way to make a score.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Medal today and I started quadruple, triple, quadruple on my way to a gross 99.

23 shots worse than the score it replaces in my WHS record.

If I play like that again next time I’m packing it all in.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A 3ft putt on the 8th for 4 points. I walked off with 2 points ??. 9 hours later and it's still eating me up.

Messed me up for the next 4 holes, shakes head.

Otherwise a largely enjoyable round ?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Club stableford this morning. Blobbed the three of the first six holes and wasn’t expecting much after that. However, I hung in there and my back nine was very good with some great ball striking. 15 out and 23 back for 38pts and second in my division.

D

Deleted member 15344

Another club match today - giving 18 and 19 shots whilst my partner had 16 - he had a mare , I had 5 birdies each one for a half and we lost 4&3 ?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Started with 2 bogies, both with less than pitching wedge in.

Finished with 2 doubles. Lost my ball that I’d played 71 holes with on the last.

Played half decent in the middle.

Shot 79. 2 weeks ago I would have been very pleased with a 79. Today it annoyed me. Funny old game.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played in a foursomes stroke play comp. My partner and I played OK apart from 2 holes where were managed to 3 putt from on the green, even a 2 putt on one these would have got us in the prizes. That's the positive out the was, slow would be an understatement, four and a half hours is a joke the group infront lost a ton of holes on those in front and had lost 3 holes by the 3rd. One pairing were hitting multiple balls of pretty much every tee and searched for balls on every hole as we stood on the tee behind them and waited on almost every hole. It was even more surprising that they won with a net 63?

D

Deleted member 3432

Played in a foursomes stroke play comp. My partner and I played OK apart from 2 holes where were managed to 3 putt from on the green, even a 2 putt on one these would have got us in the prizes. That's the positive out the was, slow would be an understatement, four and a half hours is a joke the group infront lost a ton of holes on those in front and had lost 3 holes by the 3rd. One pairing were hitting multiple balls of pretty much every tee and searched for balls on every hole as we stood on the tee behind them and waited on almost every hole. It was even more surprising that they won with a net 63?
What was their score for the back 9? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::eek:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
What was their score for the back 9? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::eek:
No idea, one of them was off 28 the other high teens, on the 10th they hit 6 balls off the tee. Someone I know was the other two ball in their group, but was too ashamed to speak to anyone due to how long it took because he knew he would get pelters.. ?

D

Deleted member 3432

No idea, one of them was off 28 the other high teens, on the 10th they hit 6 balls off the tee. Someone I know was the other two ball in their group, but was too ashamed to speak to anyone due to how long it took because he knew he would get pelters.. ?

Think you should have played through as they were trying to identify one of the 6 balls ? :ROFLMAO:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Think you should have played through as they were trying to identify one of the 6 balls ? :ROFLMAO:
I can't lie we did discuss it, the other 2 ball were father and son and the dad was in a buggy as he is injured even drove up to them on a couple of holes and just got blank looks back from the two offenders

D

Deleted member 3432

I can't lie we did discuss it, the other 2 ball were father and son and the dad was in a buggy as he is injured even drove up to them on a couple of holes and just got blank looks back from the two offenders

Typical clueless golfers.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just me and my 28 capper mate today. Decided to put cards in as we both want to get lower - played off yellows though. I would say I played tidily, but nothing special. Only one double bogey after a poor pitch put me in a place you do not want to be chipping from. Only made 5 pars which just wasn't enough really. Shot 82, which was 36 points off of 14. But on my record it's showing as score differential of 17 so I guess it was all a waste of time. A 90 at my old course is still deemed better. Stupid system.

Should have been a 79, as for the double I was middle of the fairway 70 yards out before that pitch ruined it, plus I missed an 18 incher for par on another green. But even so, god knows if a 79 even would have been enough. I saw an email saying our slope rating has been lowered even further now reflecting the shortened hole we have, so I'll probably have to break 70 from now on just to get down to 13 handicap. :cautious: