I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shot 84 with a 9 on an easy par four, I got stuck in a bunker without the right club to extract the ball. It has never felt so easy a game before. The wife was with me and drove superbly. But can't putt or chip or has go idea of course management. This is getting VERY FRUSTRATING! :mad::mad::mad:

D

Deleted member 3432

Very mediocre round today. Not hit a ball for a couple of weeks and it showed but nice to be out there regardless.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Had the pleasure of playing 36 holes at New Zealand Golf Club today with a mate to celebrate him getting a job in Switzerland, and the place just *blew my mind* (in a good way). It's like stepping back in time and the service was second to none, as was the fish and chips lunch :D

In terms of golf, I shot 97 in the AM and 95 in the PM which are my 3rd and 1st in my list of lowest scores ever thus far! Driving is the weakness that needs fixing but at times I got away with it in terms of the fairways being generous and if I missed them I was able to find my ball in the heather as opposed to it being water, OOB, dense rough, etc. Approach and short game was pretty good for me, putting was average. Have a new years resolution to break 95 so one more shot to find and despite that being my lowest round thus far I still see plenty of scope to take ~5 shots off from the tee, duffs, idiot/newbie shots, etc.

What a great course in great condition

Played NZ last year, a really nice place. Food was top notch, and the half way hit was very well stocked. Could have spent a couple of hours chatting to the guy there very easily.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Played in my first Medal of the year on Saturday.

Not playing as often as I did before the little man came along and it did show a bit! Started steady but struggled after a terrible tee shot on 8th and never really recovered but there were some very nicely played holes in there.

Still, a 92 Gross with an 8 and a 9 on the card suggests it wasnt all bad!

Roll on the summer evenings when I can squeeze 9 in!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Finally broke 80! Woohoo!

After bogeying the first I managed six pars in a row, which might be a new record for me, I can't remember. Par five 8th though it went a bit wrong - hit a tree with my 2nd shot, then a great hybrid & pitching wedge gave me a par putt chance - I decided to three-putt instead for a 7. Four bogeys and a par over the next five holes was more normal fare. Then on the 14th I managed to chip in with a hybrid from off the green for a birdie 2.

On the 16th I had a real mare and thought I'd ruined it. Tee shot went right, didn't seem that bad at first but it was swamp land over there. Every shot was from soft mud and I didn't have an answer for it so ended up with a triple bogey 7. I thought typical, it's going to be yet another 80 round. Bogeyed the 17th when the putt lipped out (literally the 4th time that had happened today). 18th hole I drove it into the bunker just left of the fairway - managed to hit a full 56° (80-ish yards) and caught it perfect to find the green. Two putts for par, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover I'd shot 78! Finally beaten that milestone which is a great feeling! Hopefully I'll be doing that a few more times this year. ?

Congrats mate! Awesome achievement! Well done to you

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Better today...not good but better.
Frontn9 was the same shamb,es that the last 3 or 4 rounds have been - topped drive off the first ( blobbed), barely a shot from the middle until the 7th..
Started to get some rhythm going and nearly birdied 7 and 9.
Back o started with 3 pars - something that I haven't done in what feels like ages
Disappointing bogeys on 13 and 15 where I had a chance for par but parred the rest for a 2 over gross 20 points..
34 in total so still not there but the ball striking on the back 9 was back to normal so the future looks bright(er)..

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Absolutely all over the show today.

Nearly birdied the first, lipping out from 35ft.
Doubled the second after a errant tee shot, a thinned wedge and a 3 putt.
Bogeyed the 3rd after finding the greenside bunker.

Then pulled it together and parred the next 6 holes.

Went into the back 9 confident and started with a bogey through hitting my pitching wedge into a par 3 when I meant to hit my 9i - it looked like it was all over the flag but dropped 10 yards short. Confidence was still high as it was a really nice shot.

Parred the 11th and then it was downhill from there.

An 8 on the par 4 12th after ending in the trees and then bunker.

From then on I was mixing the sublime with the ridiculous on every hole. So frustrating. Was 5 ott on the 13th before putting it to about 5 foot with my third ball... and 2 putting.

Got a lesson on Friday where I wanted to work on my greenside game but it was the best part of my game today. I think ill have a look at driver as its gone from being pretty reliable to pretty erratic recently.

I can see I've got it in there and what I worked on last time is starting to bed in but my tee shots cost me dearly today.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Absolutely all over the show today.

Nearly birdied the first, lipping out from 35ft.
Doubled the second after a errant tee shot, a thinned wedge and a 3 putt.
Bogeyed the 3rd after finding the greenside bunker.

Then pulled it together and parred the next 6 holes.

Went into the back 9 confident and started with a bogey through hitting my pitching wedge into a par 3 when I meant to hit my 9i - it looked like it was all over the flag but dropped 10 yards short. Confidence was still high as it was a really nice shot.

Parred the 11th and then it was downhill from there.

An 8 on the par 4 12th after ending in the trees and then bunker.

From then on I was mixing the sublime with the ridiculous on every hole. So frustrating.

Got a lesson on Friday where I wanted to work on my greenside game but it was the best part of my game today. I think ill have a look at driver as its gone from being pretty reliable to pretty erratic recently.

An 8 on the par 3 13th after going 5ott.

I would stick to the short game personally. You are making pars so the driver doesn't sound like its all over the shop. I'm lucky that with my teaching pro I can say, even if we have another part of the game booked in, that my driver feels off and we'll hit a few, make a quick tweak for me to get on with in my own time and then onto whatever we're working on. Might be worth asking

D

Deleted member 23344

After one hole today, my electric trolley packed up, so pushed it for the next eight holes. Saw another golfer with a motocaddy trolley like mine, so he let me try his battery … bingo. So £200 for a new battery ?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I would stick to the short game personally. You are making pars so the driver doesn't sound like its all over the shop. I'm lucky that with my teaching pro I can say, even if we have another part of the game booked in, that my driver feels off and we'll hit a few, make a quick tweak for me to get on with in my own time and then onto whatever we're working on. Might be worth asking

Yeah I don't envisage the driver taking long at all the sort, as you say - a couple of things to remember and work on and then move on to the short game stuff.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yeah I don't envisage the driver taking long at all the sort, as you say - a couple of things to remember and work on and then move on to the short game stuff.
Good luck with it. Got an hours short game booked for next month. Not the best chipper or pitcher but all those rounds off wet and muddy lies has made my stroke so stabby. Need to just get the set up looked at and get the feeling back off turning with the chest. Always easy to say

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Played at Coxmoor and really enjoyed it. Course was in very good condition and very dry everywhere. Very scenic and lots of elevation changes, which I'm not used to. Glad I had a trolley! My golf game does not travel very well, but I played to handicap. Staff and members were very friendly and fish and chips afterwards was delicious. One slight disappointment was having to play off mats on nearly every fairway, but it wasn't a big deal. I would like to play it again in the summer when it's in full bloom.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well after 9 over for 18 on sunday then 3 over for 9 yesterday, today was a night mare 10 shots dropped on the first 5 holes. I was very erratic probably just an bad day at the office, I think I get a bit complacent when i have a ouple of good rounds and maybe dont commit enough on shots. Hopefully will be back on it next time out

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bit of a worrying trend developing - last 3 rounds I've played the front 9 really well then tailed off badly.

Saturday, 21 points front 9, never hit a bad shot, then started to duff my hybrids and hit a few bad drives, ended up on 34.

Monday, playing 4bbb, didn't keep stableford score, but very similar.

Yesterday, playing off lower unofficial midweek handicap, very solid 18 points front 9 (one non scorer due to bunker problems), very poor 10 points coming back.

It's not tiredness, it's more a loss of technique, just start hitting poor shots inexplicably. Massively frustrating.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Bit of a worrying trend developing - last 3 rounds I've played the front 9 really well then tailed off badly.

Saturday, 21 points front 9, never hit a bad shot, then started to duff my hybrids and hit a few bad drives, ended up on 34.

Monday, playing 4bbb, didn't keep stableford score, but very similar.

Yesterday, playing off lower unofficial midweek handicap, very solid 18 points front 9 (one non scorer due to bunker problems), very poor 10 points coming back.

It's not tiredness, it's more a loss of technique, just start hitting poor shots inexplicably. Massively frustrating.

Not just you. I've been really struggling on the back nine and coming back in 10-13 points regularly after decent front nines. I am drinking and eating so know I'm not dehydrated or hungry. Don't feel tired playing the back nine so not sure I can blame fatigue especially with an electric trolley. Not sure where the issue lies but it needs sorting

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Would have been 18 today with CVG..
Heavy rain due in about 11/12 so we'd be long finished by then.
Started on the back 9..had a blob on the 13th but a birdie on the 17th put me +2 on the 18th tee..
Parred it for another 20 points..
A few spots of rain walking onto the green turned into the proper stuff but the time we'd finished it....
Discretion being the better part of valour we'd copped out....it's not stopping now until tonight..we didn't have to be out there so no point.
Enough breeze around to make it uncomfortable.
Got 4 hours to kill now....:rolleyes::p

D

Deleted member 1418

Not just you. I've been really struggling on the back nine and coming back in 10-13 points regularly after decent front nines. I am drinking and eating so know I'm not dehydrated or hungry. Don't feel tired playing the back nine so not sure I can blame fatigue especially with an electric trolley. Not sure where the issue lies but it needs sorting

Are you sure you're not too stoned after all that CBD you've been taking?!!!! ;):ROFLMAO:

Need to change your Forum name to HomertheStoner!!!! ;)

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
38 points with 2 lost ball blobs which were very avoidable. 11/13 fairways 10 GIR 33 putts.

Shot of the day was the 7i into 14 to 4 feet closely followed by a full wedge on 16 to 2 feet… lowlight were the 2 missed 2 foot putts - putter is driving me mad!