I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
38 points with 2 lost ball blobs which were very avoidable. 11/13 fairways 10 GIR 33 putts.

Shot of the day was the 7i into 14 to 4 feet closely followed by a full wedge on 16 to 2 feet… lowlight were the 2 missed 2 foot putts - putter is driving me mad!

Dreading the putting going forward for a few weeks. Putting green has been shut for a while and they cored all the greens yesterday. At least the sand should be washed in. My stroke from 2-3 hasn't been good and with the uncertainty on how the ball will react won't do anything for confidence. Necessary of course. Putting well at home but we know how different it is on the course under pressure

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Dreading the putting going forward for a few weeks. Putting green has been shut for a while and they cored all the greens yesterday. At least the sand should be washed in. My stroke from 2-3 hasn't been good and with the uncertainty on how the ball will react won't do anything for confidence. Necessary of course. Putting well at home but we know how different it is on the course under pressure

Yeah we were mid maintenance week today, greens were sandy but pretty true to be fair. The 2 missed easy putts I just saw break that wasn’t there. Couple of weeks and I need to get some time in on the practice green!

Albo

Visit site
Played last night and blew myself up on the first 9, hitting 46 shots. Lit on fire the back 9 and came back in 34.

GIR front 9 = 1, Back 9 = 6
Front 18 putts, back 15

AliMc

Visit site
Sunny but very breezy at Dunbar today, shot approx 5 or 6 over, highlight of the round was birdie 3 on 17, drive carved way right on the wind almost into the sea, cleared a few loose impediments from the beach, 7 iron to 4 feet to a tough back right pin and holed the putt, move on ?

D

Deleted member 21258

Shot 91 in the morning and 88 in the afternoon.

Highlight was definitely sitting on the patio veranda, eating/drinking, relaxing, hidden from the slight breeze and in 14 degrees sun, lovely.

bring on the spring.:LOL:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Absolute horror show, the worst I've played in 9 months. Shanks are back, lost count of the number of times I hit a great drive then a dreadful second. Amassed a grand total of 20 points, it was awful.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
After 3 or 4 rounds of utter tripe....I'm back!
3 over front 9, level par back 9
74 blows, 41 points, Index down to 6.1
Happy days.

Back.....for now. Wait to Frag makes an appearance and has the hex over you again. Good shooting though and always pleasing to keep a six off the card. As our second is a par 5, it normally only lasts a hole, especially off the whites although I've walked off our par three first with six or worse

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Clattered the ball miles off the tee, but couldn't chip or putt to save my life. Almost reached the green on 16 (par 4) off the tee ,the ball plugged about 10 meters in front of the green. Made a super 5 though! Summed my round up in one hole.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
11 hole comp today, the last of the winter, started poorly with a blob but then had 6 pars and a birdie on the remaining 10 holes for 25 points. I hope i can take this good farm into the 18 hole comps that start next week.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Front nine rammel back nine me and a PP won/ shared the pairs with 24 points. both to score the on the par threes and the 18th. Nothing spectacular. So over the last three weeks coz Ave took a bit of a drag Ave won about £7 and been dropped 3 shots. ?
I told one of the guys who played and shared with us his 3ft missed putt on the 18th cost me a shot ?

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not today but last Sunday, played The Brabazon. Carry only, which was very hard on the back. Truly shocking round finding water 8 or 9 times (surprisingly not on 18 though). Summed up with an air shot on 17 from the middle of fairway with a 3 wood in hand. My excuse was I was protecting my back :LOL:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors Stableford today. I was practicing on the putting green when I was hailed form the first tee, my time had been moved up one and I'd not bothered to check.
A couple of hasty practice swings then hit the most almighty fat about 4 yards into the rough, topped the next, on the green with my fourth and three putted for a triple bogey blob.
One point on the next and I was flying, not.
Managed to pull it back together so that at the turn I'd scored 18 but a succession of single pointers on the back nine dragged me back down and I finished on 88 for 32 points off 95%.

First time in the bag for the Forgan "made under license" Cash-In putter (1940s vintage I'm guessing) which was as solid as I'd expected, a funky grip on it too.
A shame the greens are still recovering from tining and sanding.
Did make a 2 though but that was mainly down to a lovely tee shot that pitched less than a foot from the hole and went 18 inches past.

1647627956753.png

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
4 under handicap after 11, and then the halfway hut pastie took affect.:confused: Three of the worst holes including a shank, a big, big fat, three putt and a lost ball playing safe with an eight iron. Last four holes were better and managed 36 points. Lovely playing in warm sun, ball rolling on the fairway, and greens a decent speed. Another week of this and course should be back in great shape.(y)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Shocker. First medal of the year. Top of the first to set up an opening double bogey and it got no better. Greens had been cored and sanded this week and putting was an absolute lottery and definitely shouldn't have been used for a medal. I had a putt from a foot and it shot 45 degrees off the putter after hitting a hole and didn't even touch the hole. Farcical. Not excuse for my score as I played crap but when that happens it makes it a mockery

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Another shocking start today - a triple bogey blob. I was 8 over after 6 and any pre round hope of me breaking 80 was realistically gone.

After those opening 6 holes i got my arse in gear and only managed to drop 5 shots in the remaining 12 holes. Ended up taking the split sixes win and somehow shooting 37 stableford points.

Driving was erratic again - cost me at least 5 shots today with recoveries- so it will definitely be the focus for the start of the lesson on Tuesday.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
33 points in the monthly stableford. Fairly pleased with that in breezy conditions on greens which have been cored and dressed in the last couple of weeks.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Another Stableford comp and like yesterday's I had a decent front nine for 18 points but then fell away big time on the back nine, finishing on 29 points. :(

Driver not working so well today, including another huge chunk off the first tee and a chunk into the pond on the 12th for the first of two blobs on the back nine. :poop: