I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Lovely morning at Nairn. Played well considering I've not touched a club this week. 4 birdies, two bogey, which both came from me using my new wedges for the first time. Way too much spin off a matt compared to my old ones?
Only disappointment was the number of guys we saw not using a mat of the fairway.

Attachments

• 20220305_093303.jpg
    20220305_093303.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220305_093258.jpg
    20220305_093258.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220305_091344.jpg
    20220305_091344.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220305_091348.jpg
    20220305_091348.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 1

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
After a midweek 76 I had high hopes for another great score. Weather was rubbish, drizzle and 4 degrees with a stiff breeze meant it was very difficult to keep my hands warm. Front 9 was a real grind but found something on the 9th and kept it going for the back 9. Closest I’ve been to a hole in 1, 6 inches short but a nice tap in birdie 2 for some 2’s dosh.

82 for 34 points with 2 horror hole blobs due to very poor lies in the heather. Not bad considering…
9i bump and runs were brilliant for a change. Chin up…

Edit: managed to maintain 6th in the winter league to get to the knock out ??

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
After yesterday's win in the Senior's Scramble, I played today using the same clubs in a foursomes comp with the 5 handicapper who coincidentally placed second in the same Scramble, a good paring on paper!

But anything but in real life, we were both absolute rubbish.
Luckily, however, we played a wrong ball on one hole and didn't realise until we were on the next hole and so DQ'd ourselves, saving the embarrassment of putting our score in.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
More inconsistent consistency. 19out and 13 back and lost the plot. Hit a decent tee shot off the 12th that caught a small limb and took it back into a hazard on our SI1. Didn't score and then had a meltdown on 16. Some good and some bad. Need to get more of the former (and sort the putting)

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had one of those days today that I thought were a thing of the past,

5 over gross with highlights of a hole in one and two 2s on par 3s.

Should have been better by 2 shots with 2 very short putts missed.

Joint leader in the club house and hoping I had the better back nine (23 points) to win the trophy.
Please tell me that your hole-in-one was on 15. ? well played.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played at Nairn again today, first time ive played there on a Sunday for some time. Was a sunny but frosty morning and expected winter greens but on full greens still. Didn't hit it anything like as well as I did yesterday, but had 5 birdies and an Eagle, so scored much better. By the time we got to the 5th the sun had done its job and the frost was gone. Same 4 ball as yesterday, but didn't have the slow coaches in front of us today, round in under 3 hours.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not for me today. Didn't sleep well (2 hours) and feeling crap. Bitterly cold wind and was frozen when I arrived, got no warmer hitting some balls and still feeling ropey so apologised to my PP's and we t home. Been trying to motivate myself to go to the range now I've had a doze but HID saying its Baltic so don't think it'll happen. Need to do something as we have a pairs board event next weekend and not playing great. Loads of muttering online about the conditions and scoring reflecting this so probably a good one to swerve

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Not for me today. Didn't sleep well (2 hours) and feeling crap. Bitterly cold wind and was frozen when I arrived, got no warmer hitting some balls and still feeling ropey so apologised to my PP's and we t home. Been trying to motivate myself to go to the range now I've had a doze but HID saying its Baltic so don't think it'll happen. Need to do something as we have a pairs board event next weekend and not playing great. Loads of muttering online about the conditions and scoring reflecting this so probably a good one to swerve
I was going to go down silvermere to hit some balls, work out some creases but it’s friggin cold out and windy. I’ve played some of my best golf after a break so just stay positive and keep smiling ??

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I was going to go down silvermere to hit some balls, work out some creases but it’s friggin cold out and windy. I’ve played some of my best golf after a break so just stay positive and keep smiling ??

I'm all good. Ironically I was thinking of a trip to Silvermere instead to look in the shop but decided I'd end up spending money I don't need to buy. Not sure I need anything but that never stops me usually

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Our usual playing group decided to take advantage of a reciprocal today and have a knock at fleetwood.

It felt good to be playing off the turf and I started strongly with 2 pars which is unlike me at the moment.

However, I soon settled into bogey golf and seemed incapable of putting together a run of decent holes without a mistake.

All in all really happy with how I played and it was perfect conditions on the links, will just take me a few rounds to get used to quick greens and firmer turf.

As an aside we ended up playing with a member who had been abandoned on the tee sheet by late cancellations. Turned out hes on the panel of the Golf Monthly Top 100 reviewers. Sounds like a great gig and was great to listen to his experiences of playing the top courses in the world!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
1st Medal of the year today...and Boy was it hard work.
Currently sitting in 7th place in Div 1 with a nett 3 over.
The wind and the cold made it very tough going and there's 1 score nett under par out of 90 players with 2 scores to come in....
Parred the first 5 holes and then it all started going Pete Tong.....
Had to hit a 4 wood into the 195 yard 13th straight into the wind....many were hitting drivers.