I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Front nine 14 points and was rammel. Just walking to the 7th tee and I started with a migraine. Not a bad un but when you have flashing lights in front of your eyes and your trying to focus on a ball it’s not good. It flicked in and out and I was ready for walking off on the 9th. anyway I persevered with it flicking in and out and shot 19 points on the back nine. How the hell that happened I will never know.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My restart at golf continues
Ok so i only went to my local pitch and putt today but practicing my grip etc

on Thursday weather permitting i`m going to venture here , i have done the golfing etiquette and checked dress code etc
the reviews say ideal for practice
And i have bought i driver which i will use on the 8th ,hopefully the ball wont go 306 yds to the right lol

wish me luck :)
306 yard par 5?? I might have to travel here and try and add to my eagle tally. (Currently at 1.) :LOL:

Good luck!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Managed to get out for first post work knock of the year for 12 holes with my usual PP and one of the greenkeepers.

I was dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. I think I'd played 4 holes before I managed to not thin an iron or wedge. My driver was big and right. Chunking little wedge shots around the green. Finally got it together on the 8th and was alright after that.

But hey, the sun was out, the wind was down, I had a polo and gilet on and most of the greens and fairways had had their first cut in a while. Was starting to feel like the golf season again.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Second best score with a triple on 18. Also missed a 10 incher trying to backhand it in thinking it was unmissable…

Stealth continues to be very forgiving, I didn’t strike driver very well to be honest but made 9/13 fairways. 10 GIR and 30 putts - 3 birdies in a row on 13-15 with a chip in on the 14th ??

Gross 76 for 41 points and 1 blob after a fried egg.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Rammel on the front nine again.
Back nine once more struggled to get the drives away yet came off with 20 points. On the 12 th a par three I put it 3ft from the pin and won nearest the pin by 2”. Why could it not kick on instead of spinning back 4” it was straight down its throat.
Our fuddle now. If you win a back nine, front nine or over all you are dropped a shot for 4 weeks. Scandalous am now off 14. The pressure is incredible ?

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Did 2 x back nine today, 50 and 48 which is ok I guess. 1 birdie (yay!), 4 pars, 4 bogeys, 5 doubles and 4 worse. The 4 worse than doubles were all holes where I played 3 off the tee, tempted to do a 'training block' of sorts and just hit the range for a few weeks solid, hit woods and try to bed in what my pro told me last week

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Did 2 x back nine today, 50 and 48 which is ok I guess. 1 birdie (yay!), 4 pars, 4 bogeys, 5 doubles and 4 worse. The 4 worse than doubles were all holes where I played 3 off the tee, tempted to do a 'training block' of sorts and just hit the range for a few weeks solid, hit woods and try to bed in what my pro told me last week

Not a big fan of extended range work. I always have a couple of buckets after a lesson to work on the changes but I always want to get to the course after that and see how it stacks up. If it goes poorly I'll hit a bucket and work on the changes again but will also video it and send it back to my pro for advice. I find training blocks get boring, can feed bad habits and even if you get the lesson changes working you still need to take it to the course

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
we were open today, probably should have been closed but it was our 12 hole competition so I played and was please to score 25 points/ The course was very wet and got worse the round progressed. Our first competition of the new season is in 3 weeks time we really need a decent spell of dry weather.

Albo

Visit site
I played yesterday and, while I thought I struck the ball well (save for a couple of OB tee shots, I couldn't buy a putt - 39 in total for the round) and ended up going round in 88 blows, was very much a case of what might have been so I thought.

Roll on today and I went out the front 9 in even par 2 birds, 2 bogies. Realised I was on for a good score (shakey 10 handicap), and realised time was running out due to the light, rushed back in 42 blows for a 77.
So happy with the score, but really fell apart on the back 9, which in part I put down to rushing and my head knowing I had a good score going.

Still positive steps and holled every putt (i've been missing too many short ones of gimmieish range recently so forcing myslef to hole them all).

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I played yesterday and, while I thought I struck the ball well (save for a couple of OB tee shots, I couldn't buy a putt - 39 in total for the round) and ended up going round in 88 blows, was very much a case of what might have been so I thought.

Roll on today and I went out the front 9 in even par 2 birds, 2 bogies. Realised I was on for a good score (shakey 10 handicap), and realised time was running out due to the light, rushed back in 42 blows for a 77.
So happy with the score, but really fell apart on the back 9, which in part I put down to rushing and my head knowing I had a good score going.

Still positive steps and holled every putt (i've been missing too many short ones of gimmieish range recently so forcing myslef to hole them all).

Considering your putts in that first round was nearly half the score you are doing ok and it is clear what needs work. Yesterday shows what you can do and you can accept a few squandered shots rushing to get round. The issue is doing the second round more often than the first now. Get working on that putting!!!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played as well as I can remember yesterday. Was flushing my irons and hitting the middle of the green consistently. Driving was very good and putting was decent as well. Went round in 84. I've been a couple of shots lower recently, but have never felt so good as I did yesterday. Very encouraging after getting battered by Ganton at the weekend, and a couple of shanks creeping in from nowhere on Tuesday.

D

Deleted member 3432

Stunning morning at Silloth, flat calm on the front 9 before picking up to a gentle 1 club breeze in our faces coming home.

Having not played in February due to non stop dreadful weather on my days off it was an absolute joy to be out there and the first time I've not had to wear 3 layers since the end of September...

Scrappy front 9 but played very nicely coming home for a level par round.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played a Seniors scramble today with Sparkbrook, Cypress Point polymer headed 1, 3 & 4 woods (circa 1965), John Letters, Master Model Forged irons (1981) and an Edinburgh Golf, St Peter Pilot putter (circa 1970).
Thanks to one of the team (playing some modern clubs, don't ask me what) who holed several huge putts we came home comfortably in first place, 67 gross 55 nett (par 72). :eek:

1646417366052.png

HeftyHacker

Visit site
A tale of two nines today. Seem to be really slow out the gate at the moment and i had blown through my handicap after 7 holes. Couldn't hit anything well.

Then on the back 9 I only dropped 3 shots.

50 shots going out, 36 coming in.

What a stupid game ?.