I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Well
2 ball with little chubby Bro at Ellesborough this afternoon, supplementary cards in hands
Last week I had 20 on the front, today I had 21
Last week I had 13 on the back, today I had 19 for a total of 40 points, gross 95 and my first cut since my health issues 4 years ago. With a blob

Still left loads out there

Himself had 37 points thanks largely to 3 birdies and 10 points in 3 holes midway through the back 9.

One very satisfied Fragger ??
Have to say it...the old bugger played well
Only in trouble once or twice and rolled in some putts.
Nothing like someone having 2 shots on a hole you don't get one on..and their 2 shots puts them 5 yards short and 20 feet left of the pin..
His "Drive" ended up about 6 inches from the pin......:ROFLMAO:

Pleased with my round bearing in mind I had 2 points from the first 2 holes....it picked up after that and 18 out was satisfactory
Came within, according to the group in front who were on the next tee, about 2 inches from an Ace on the 8th.
Pitched just in front and right of the flag, jumped beyond and screwed back to miss by a whisker and finish 2 feet away...
2 more birdies on the back 9 made up for the horlicks I made of the 11th...not a good shot on the hole.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Usual story today, 2 over after 9 which was due to a stupid double bogey on our long par 5 3rd...22 points. Couldn't buy a par on the back 9, finished 10 over with a double bogey on the 18th and 37 points. Driving the ball really well but my wedges have gone to pot, not catching them cleanly and with the soft ground there's just zero forgiveness.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Just a range session today, swing feels in quite a good place atm so just worked on tempo.

My new wedges arrived late last week, had one round with them on Friday but was good to hit a good few balls with them both today. I’m now only playing a 52 and 56 and they were fitted for me 2* flat, if the shots I was hitting at the range today are a sign of how they will perform I’ll be very happy!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
WHS police look away ? comp on today but I elected to just have a knock as I finally managed a session with the pro in the week and was anticipating some rollercoaster golf. Expectation realised, played bogey format again and was 3 down after 7 ?, then resembled a golfer for a bit winning the next four. More up and down form leaving me again 1 down playing the last. If I play 95% then no shot, full hcp then a shot. Stayed at 95% and a repeat of last week, lost 2 down ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Played a friendly 4bbb today

Armed with my brand new Titleist 3 u505 driving iron, I decided to go off the 1st, 2nd and 18th tees to test it out. The minimum requirement from it was to play the 18th (198 yards) from the whites, I also hit a few shots from fairways and semi rough too with largely ok results.

The end result (according to Shotscope) was

1st tee par 4. 211yards
2nd tee par 4. 210 yards
18th tee par 3.195 yards

All quite encouraging ?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors Stableford today, the putter which was hot yesterday was stone cold today, including missing two chances for twos from 5 or 6 feet....
32 points.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ended up on my own this morning. I was behind a 3 ball so took loads of time over everything. 3 over after 9. They vanished after the 8th. Lord knows where. Got held up at the 13th by the greenkeeper mowing the green. Little flick with a wedge just short. PW on, and watched in dispair as the ball shot past the flag on a now super fast green. Grrrrrrrr. Got the 5. Then the 100 yard par three. Yup got a 5. Grrrrrrrr. Settled back down and pared the last 3. ended up shooting 79, but omg it so SHOULD ahve been a 76. Best bit was nothing more then a 5 on the card. I've never done this before.

Also, I found 41 balls. So thats 120 in the three rounds when i'm on my own. The wife went spare as I deposited them in the kitchen sink. LOL

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ended up on my own this morning. I was behind a 3 ball so took loads of time over everything. 3 over after 9. They vanished after the 8th. Lord knows where. Got held up at the 13th by the greenkeeper mowing the green. Little flick with a wedge just short. PW on, and watched in dispair as the ball shot past the flag on a now super fast green. Grrrrrrrr. Got the 5. Then the 100 yard par three. Yup got a 5. Grrrrrrrr. Settled back down and pared the last 3. ended up shooting 79, but omg it so SHOULD ahve been a 76. Best bit was nothing more then a 5 on the card. I've never done this before.

Also, I found 41 balls. So thats 120 in the three rounds when i'm on my own. The wife went spare as I deposited them in the kitchen sink. LOL

Put them in the dish washer, it really does work a treat. (y)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Waltzing stableford this morning. Stood with my two playing partners as they worked out what they'd be playing off as it's 85%. After a long look at the board, one was off 29 and the other, well I don't know but high. I was quite hopeful until they drove off on the par thee first. I was on the fringe. One got on for three the other fired through the green from 30 meters out. I chipped in for a great start. And that's where it ended. But they did make me laugh all the was round and in the bar afterwards. On long par 5's they had no chance. On the 18th, they were 120 yard back from my drive and both took three shots to reach me. I scored well. They, did not. But they were both City fans and smashing company. I'm confident we will be last.

D

Deleted member 3432

Absolute junk today. Certainly windy, had to hit a 2 iron for 2nd shot to the 1st which was about the highlight of the round.

Left going left not the way to play the front 9 into a strong headwind. Played the last 8 holes 1 under when we had the wind at our backs with the exception of 13 which needed driver, 4 iron and 6 iron to cover the hardest 450 yards on the course.

The next hole needed driver and 7 iron to cover 475 yards for a tap in eagle.

Fighting my swing big time at present but all winter to fix it ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Vets foursome knockout today. An enjoyable game with one of the opposition being a friend for some 50 years. Won 3 and 2 so on into the next round.

D

Deleted member 3432

Total opposite of yesterday, hit the ball well on front 9 into a 3 club wind. Hit a lot of knock down iron shots and had control of it.
The back 9 was complete chod, hit every iron shot like a 28 handicapper, got stuck on my right side and fatted everything. Serves me right for playing golf swing rather than golf.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
played yesterday, absolute pants, 27 points for the 17 holes (one of the par 3s is currently shut on safety grounds as they are re-laying the green and the temp green is a bit too close to the main one).

went out today with low expectations, blobbed the first, then had 41 points for the remaining 16 holes, despite the wind being much more of a factor.

14 shots difference! What a crazy game.

D

Deleted member 21258

Played at weekend. Invited a sole lady to join us on the 13th par 3 on East course, as she caught up and course was busy in front.

Nice iron to front edge of green about 25ft from a tight front pin, wife dead in the thick stuff, lady hit into the front bunker. After the lady had got out of the bunker, I casually said that I've never been in that bunker, its looks a right pig.

One putt later, I'm fetching my sand wedge, walked off with a 6, why do I do it to myself :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got out for 9 today, played okay apart pulling my 7 wood on every shot and looking at it thinking it is so closed.. got home and had a look at it again and just thought I am too upright with it ..
Driver was behaving it was going everywhere I intended, which was nice.
Greens though were definitely like putting on the top of well whisked bowl of porridge.. winter pooh is here ☹️.
Bunker sand when present was very good to make walls from .. low bounce picking is the order of the day ( I just wish they would make a decision- fill them up with deep light sand or empty them , then I would not need 2 lots of bounce on my wedges) ..anyway I think that was my last round for a while as it’s Christmas time and we are generally doing pointless things

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
18 with CVG today....
The only positive is that I'm able to play that poorly and still rack up 31 points....extremely average day at the office

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played a TeeTours Am/Am at Forest of Arden, Arden course.

I was rubbish, from driver through to putter nothing seemed to be working, lost four balls.
The team scored 78 points, we won't be featuring in the places.