I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Played 18 today, didn't play too badly, but unless I get to play any links courses that was the last round until Spring.
Course isn't holding up that well after the recent rain we've had down here, and parts of the course are getting very boggy.
Plugged balls, mud caked on my shoes and trousers are not selling "winter" golf to me unfortunately.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Lovely out on the course today. Second round in five weeks and actually hit it ok. Highlight was borrowing my partners Callaway 1 iron, and knocking it 210 yards on to a temporary green. Holed the putt for my first two on the 7th:D. Also had a two on our difficult 15.(y)

Now where can I buy a 1 iron ?:unsure:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played a TeeTours Am/Am at Forest of Arden, Arden course.

I was rubbish, from driver through to putter nothing seemed to be working, lost four balls.
The team scored 78 points, we won't be featuring in the places.
Oh we did worse than that :eek: First time on the Arden and boy was it playing long, didn't help that it was a 5 hour round :cry:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Oh we did worse than that :eek: First time on the Arden and boy was it playing long, didn't help that it was a 5 hour round :cry:

We thought it was playing long too, they seemed to have put the yellow and white markers together and positioned them somewhere between the two, which would make the average yardage a little under 6,600 yards. Combined with soft fairways and quite a few flags at the back of greens (18th for instance!) and it was long, especially when you're hitting your laminated Harold Bird & Son 1 wood like a complete beginner.....
Quite a bit of waiting on shots too but we were round quicker than that I think, the group behind had lost a hole.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
We thought it was playing long too, they seemed to have put the yellow and white markers together and positioned them somewhere between the two, which would make the average yardage a little under 6,600 yards. Combined with soft fairways and quite a few flags at the back of greens (18th for instance!) and it was long, especially when you're hitting your laminated Harold Bird & Son 1 wood like a complete beginner.....
Quite a bit of waiting on shots too but we were round quicker than that I think, the group behind had lost a hole.
Some of the pins were in wicked positions :oops: We were 3rd to last out and think the last group only just made it before dark

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I was rammel.A Pp scored 44 points playing off 10. It was sublime to watch.23 front, 21 back. His lowest ever score. He was counting the money. Then another guy came in with 45 playing off 6 22 front 23 back. His lowest ever score.His PP shot 24 on the back. They were all counting the money and all had a share. Some good golf played today. But not by me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Lesson tonight. Half day tomorrow to hit a few balls and squeeze a few holes in. Golf in a good place last weekend and hoping the work tonight just build on that. Wish we were back in time a few months as I'd be hopeful of getting the handicap down. Still, if I can do it in winter conditions then I should be able to hit the ground running (lockdowns allowing) next Spring. Hoping to have the course to myself by 3.00pm tomorrow

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Comical moment yesterday. Stood on the 10th fairway waiting to play my second. Wind is blowing an absolute gale. Something goes flying past me. I realise it's my scorecard which the wind has ripped out of the holder attached to my bag.

I chase after it for about 40 yards, nearly get it a couple of times, only for it to end up in the middle of a big pond.

Lesson learned, from now on, the card goes in the back pocket.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Comical moment yesterday. Stood on the 10th fairway waiting to play my second. Wind is blowing an absolute gale. Something goes flying past me. I realise it's my scorecard which the wind has ripped out of the holder attached to my bag.

I chase after it for about 40 yards, nearly get it a couple of times, only for it to end up in the middle of a big pond.

Lesson learned, from now on, the card goes in the back pocket.
Back pocket is even worse surely! If I put it there it would work it's way out while I'm walking. My scorecard always goes in the front left pocket.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Nice top tracer range session last night. Irons seem to be getting better and better.

Winter targets:
Long iron consistency
Aiming accuracy in general.... Okay on a range - goes to pot on course...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
A nice day on the links, quite warm and only a couple of club wind. A strange round not a single par on the front 9, but had 4 birdies! Was a bit better on the back 9, managed to hit my irons well with another couple of shots so close they were tap in's. Working on a bit of a swing change to get less from the inside, when I managed to do it the results were stunning. Playing tomorrow, but by the looks of the forecasts for next week, it might not be too many games then, snow on the way.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My pal and I played a greensomes knockout today. They gave us 2 shots and we won the first 5 holes, us playing well rather than than them badly. We got pegged back a couple of times to 4 up but won out 6 and 4.

The 4 of us are all vets, and the pair we played are a regular pairing in the vets league (as am i) and apparently they have only lost one game in the last couple of seasons so we are very happy and are through to the next round

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Back pocket is even worse surely! If I put it there it would work it's way out while I'm walking. My scorecard always goes in the front left pocket.
Who puts a scorecard in a front pocket? Isn’t it an unwritten rule that they always go in the back pocket, even if in a scorecard holder?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played with 28 capper mate today. Started on the 10th - we both played pretty ropey on the first nine. I three-putted the 10th, blobbed the 12th after finding the ditch, and generally hit too many fats from perfect positions on the fairway. Driver was good all day but not much else was. 14 points for the first nine - not a single par.

Second nine (front nine) was an odd mix of five pars and three doubles - finally played some decent golf on the last four holes going par, par, par, bogey to rescue a mediocre score of 87 for 32 points. My mate also scored 32 points (100 gross) with 14 out 18 in funnily enough, so we both walked off feeling that it wasn't the best nor the worst really. At least the course was empty and we raced round in 2 hours 45.

Thought my wedges were in a good place recently but it was the classic winter golf fats on the soft fairways today. Need to sort that out quickly.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Had a decent nine holes at lunchtime - hit the ball well and apart from an adventure in the green side bunker at the second which led to a triple bogey seven it was pretty steady stuff - 41 for the nine holes - weather was lovely for first three holes then had a brief downpour as I played the fourth and the wind got up and temperature dropped.

Had intended playing 18 but I caught up with the winter league and the prospect of waiting on every shot in cold weather behind a heap of four balls didn’t appeal.

Here’s a look back down the 8th with a nice sky
C7BEE1A7-4683-472A-8336-DB5806A6374D.jpeg