I played for the first time today in 50+ days and …...

Visit site
Yes, like every other player, the comp and Supplementary scores you submit will lead to adjustment of your handicap as appropriate. The Handicap Committee has an additional responsibility to closely monitor newly allocated handicaps and make adjustments outside the scope of any resulting from those produced from comp/Supplementary scores.

Ah I understand. Many thanks for that. Uselful to know. I'll check whether we even have such a committee (I assume we do).

D

Deleted member 1147

The course was in cracking nick, I'm amazed how much 2 greenkeepers have managed to do (y)

I played ok - 33 points, including 2 double bogeys from uncharacteristic errors.

Very happy to smack a long first drive, straight down the middle :cool:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
First time out on the course this morning since March 13th!
Only 9 holes can be booked at the moment but any golf is better than no golf. ?
Clubs used as posted in the other thread about when you'll play again.

I started with an old Penfold Commando ball as well, which was a mistake as it was really soft and I was only getting about 75% to 80% distance with it.
First hole was a 185 yard par 3 and I selected the 3 iron and hit a massive slice short right, two more shots to reach the green and a 3 putt for a triple bogey, it’s great to be back!

Swapped the Penfold ball after two holes and finished the 9 holes with a lowly 12 points Stableford but still won the match I was playing on the last hole.
Despite the rubbish score my swing was better than I was expecting, hit some good tee shots and nice irons.
Played the back 9 today, playing the front nine tomorrow. :D

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played 9 holes with my lad - 18 was possible, but he's never played more than 9. As he pointed out its the first time he has been in a car for more than eight weeks.

Course was in fantastic condition, especially the greens which were way faster than my PuttOut mat. 18 points for me, and scoring on every hole, was a nice way to get back into the game.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've never been a member of a club until last Sept and have never had a handicap. Best gross score I ever shot was about 98, but that may have included some, erm, illegal adjustments.

The three cards I had to submit were between 106 and 112 on a par 72, but the course was a swamp. I lost 2 balls in one of those rounds when my drives plugged in the overgrown fairway and were simply swallowed up. Even with winter rules it was very challenging. Yesterday I was probably gaining 20-40 yards on driven tee shots because the ball was actually bouncing and rolling instead of disappearing into worm country. Before I got allocated the 35 handicap I scored myself based on 28 and never got within three of that, but again that was all through the autumn and winter.
Sounds as though you've got a H/cap on a none-Q course..... should be playing-season conditions to be a true measure..... get ready for the ear-ache!! :whistle::whistle:

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Reading this thread makes me concerned for my golf game! lots of people seemed to play well for their first round in 50 odd days.

i Played yesterday and don’t think I would have broken 100 if I had been keeping score. I have a handicap of 4!

had the big left miss with every club, and just couldn’t figure it out.

golf is hard.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Reading this thread makes me concerned for my golf game! lots of people seemed to play well for their first round in 50 odd days.

i Played yesterday and don’t think I would have broken 100 if I had been keeping score. I have a handicap of 4!

golf is hard.

I am so glad I hit some balls today. Ugly and would have been carnage had I been on the course. Back a bit sore now after 60 balls so hoping just down to inactivity. Have to say hitting the balls has really got the mojo back and roll on Saturday

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I cracked this evening, a budget members club not far away had a few tee times - tee'd off solo about 17:25. Course quality was as expected not great, but there were fairways & greens, blue sky, blossom on the trees - nice. Was pretty decent with the driver which was good after the garden swinging. Mixed elsewhere but not bothered.
Pleased for the club actually, they are always close to the line financially and I know some of the furloughed guys who have rounds per week restrictions at their clubs have also been green fee-ing there.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played this evening.

Loved every minute of it.

God I’ve missed it. Golf is my release, my time, my slot in a busy life when I have no worries apart from worries that don’t actually really matter if you take some perspective to them.

Hit some good shots and a few bad ones. The rough was brutal, the course was amazing considering.

Roll on the next round

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Must admit, I've been a bit cynical about golf restarting, based largely on some really selfish stuff I've seen in WhatsApp groups.

But....

Its been great to read some of the stories in this thread and hear about people enjoying themselves for a change, doing something they love.

Be safe out there folks, and have fun ?

BumbleBee

Visit site

golf is hard.

Over the top closed face.

D

Deleted member 25172

Played for the second day on the trot. I’m useless, but I still enjoyed it thoroughly! Smoking the driver like I’ve never have done before, but nothing else is working. 14 putts on the first 6 holes, and I didn’t even putt on the 4th! ???

Cannot wait for Saturday so I can get out again!

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Over the top closed face.

thanks for the patronising message.

i know the pattern, resolving it was the piece I was struggling with. After 8 weeks off, I am sure my feels will re-align soon. And as some of the flights started straight and then turned, it may not be an over the top move....more then likely just a clubface more closed to the path than I require.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday - we're allowed a full 18 so that's nice. Lovely day and some good and some indifferent golf - so no change there; not really that much different to pre lockdown 8 weeks ago. The nice bit was that we've started opening for play an hour earlier than previous - is 7am rather than 8am. So was out at 7:15 - was lovely and it made me a bit jealous of those who've always been able to get out at that time.

To keep HID happy, am going to limit my playing to twice per week, so next time out will be Sunday - can't wait and hope the weather stays as nice as yesterday

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday - first time I've swung a club in 2020. Decided to forgo any practice and see what's what for fun. Smashed the first drive past where I won Longest Drive in last year's Captain's Day. The strength I've gained through weight training had me hitting the long stuff further (carry!) but anything from a wedge down was hit and miss. Short game rubbish and no feel whatsoever although did have some fun trying some lob shots.

Slightly disappointed to not enjoy it more than I did. I really want to enjoy golf without having to try so hard to get as low as I can etc. Not sure that's in my make-up but will keep trying.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played yesterday - first time I've swung a club in 2020. Decided to forgo any practice and see what's what for fun. Smashed the first drive past where I won Longest Drive in last year's Captain's Day. The strength I've gained through weight training had me hitting the long stuff further (carry!) but anything from a wedge down was hit and miss. Short game rubbish and no feel whatsoever although did have some fun trying some lob shots.

Slightly disappointed to not enjoy it more than I did. I really want to enjoy golf without having to try so hard to get as low as I can etc. Not sure that's in my make-up but will keep trying.

Sounds like you need to discover the simple pleasures of playing vintage gear. :)