I played for the first time today in 50+ days and …...

D

Deleted Member 1156

Some good scores coming in off the course this afternoon including a +2 gross off 5 and a guy with 22 points for the front nine. Looked nice out there but hadn't realised they've let the rough grow up as they would for the major events of the year. Can see the long grass right and left both calling my ball off the 10th tomorrow
I'm guessing that like most courses you have greenkeepers on furlough and the working ones are restricted to what they can do. I doubt long rough is intentional.

D

Deleted member 17920

Seen it for yourself have you or just posting to troll again?
Why would he be trolling you?? It’s a simple fact based on this weeks findings.

Everyone is in the same position with rough as it’s not been cut.

Unless the rough at Ascot grows quicker than anywhere else in the UK.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
There were Certaimly more spots on the course today that you'd have found a ball in winter and had no chance today!

Luckily I only hit one ball into there (and and found it). Certainly not looking forward to hitting wedges out of 3 ft rough!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
They haven’t let it grow, they just won’t have had chance to cut it properly yet.
Our first cut was lovely, cut and shaped, but second cut was very long. Some of our bunkers were in a right state as well. Not sure what our two greenkeepers had been doing the last two months !

Fortunately extra green staff were working again this week, so imagine course will be pristine condition in the next week or so. Never seen our greens in better condition, no pitch marks, and fairways were lovely with hardly any divots. Amazing what two skilled men can do.

D

Deleted member 1147

Our first cut was lovely, cut and shaped, but second cut was very long. Some of our bunkers were in a right state as well. Not sure what our two greenkeepers had been doing the last two months !

Fortunately extra green staff were working again this week, so imagine course will be pristine condition in the next week or so. Never seen our greens in better condition, no pitch marks, and fairways were lovely with hardly any divots. Amazing what two skilled men can do.
Same as Kedleston...Fairways, tees and greens immaculate.

After the rain over winter, and then no rain for a month or so, they’ve done amazingly well for a 2/3 man team. and they’ve had other drainage and shaping work to do.
Although you can’t please everyone, apparently!

Doodle

Visit site
Played for the 2nd time today.
Shot 38 points (11 h/c)
Played really quite solid
Hooked a couple of drives, but other than that, I was really surprised.

One thing today has taught me.
I don't need to play in all the cold / wet / mud during winter to keep my swing going.
In future, I'm taking Dec / Jan / Feb off.

D

Deleted member 17920

What a brave little keyboard warrior you are
Seriously Martin

Pack it in. You are looking a bit of a clown calling James a keyboard warrior when he is nothing of the sort. No wonder the good posters don’t post anymore.

If you can come back with reasoning as to why you have mega rough and no one else does then don’t post on the thread anymore.