I played for the first time today in 50+ days and …...

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have not swung a club for 7 weeks so topping the first tee shot wasn't a surprise, however helped in part by firm fairways, which meant the slightly mis hit shots still went a long way I was pleased with a gross 83 just one over my handicap. We are playing 2 balls at 10 minute intervals and it was a very pleasant round, it was lovely to be back!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also posted in the gloating golfers thread earlier

Oooo it was nice out there
Course was lush, but windy, but nice sunshine

A certain member who has asked to remain nameless out of huge embarrassment amassed the grand total of 6 points in his 9 holes, losing 3 balls and working hard to achieve his 5 blobs ??

Would you like me to gloat some more?

First time I have played the course in summer conditions, greens were slick, drove pretty well, had 4 par putts which slipped by and blobbed the last, but happy with 14 points,
Plenty to work on and plenty to look forward to

Here’s to the next crushing Victory :)
Knew it would be mentioned Said it to ian on twitter ???

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played yesterday with junior wedge, really nice to get out on the course again. Not too pretty on my part, to say that timing was out would be an understatement. No sign of my usual pull hook, seem to have replaced it with a massive fade :LOL:. Snuck a couple of pars, but bogeyed most of the rest, bar a couple of doubles. The boy shot a double on the first, and two birdies to come in level gross o_O. There was a lot of laughter and smiling, just really good to get out there, also nice to see a few mates across the fairway. Really enjoyed it.

Out again later today with mrs wedge. Hopefully with a slightly straighter swing on my part :D

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Lovely to be out there, the odd oasis in a desert of rusty blows. Millionaires golf with 10 minute intervals between 2balls, we strolled round in 2 hours 50. Could knock a minute or even 2 off to get more people round without compromising safety, but we'll all get at least a couple of rounds a week, which is fine.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our weekly roll-up last night 10min tee times 4BBB all went home, met up on Zoom, compared scores had a few drinks and took the p*** out of each other.... Happy days

Had to get up at 6am to book the slots for next week though :sleep::sleep:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our booking is opened at 8pm every evening for the one day a week ahead. We did this at first as it was obvious that the servers for the IG system we use would be under heavy load. But in truth - opening up the next day at 8pm gives 9-5 workers an equal chance of getting a slot.

I've see that not only are the peak 7:30am-2:30pm pm tee times fully booked - but just about EVERY tee-time on every day is booked - even the 9 hole tee off times from 5:30pm to 6:50pm. Looks like I can't tee off as a singleton after 6:50pm. I guess that though a bit frustrating - that is sensible. And clearly that time will move later as the evenings become brighter with more later 9 hole slots - and earlier tee times will change from 9 holes to 18 holes.

But we seem to have a very enthusiastic playing membership. Hoping that the Pros monitor number of times individuals are booking tee times during peak hours - the club guidance is only twice over any week - leaving weekend peak times for us lucky :) sods who are still working '9-5' weekdays.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
16.00 tee time , respectable drive down the first , flushed a 4 iron to 3 foot and drained the birdie putt, laughing like a drain at how stupid this game can be be !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
HiD had 36 points and chuffed and I ended up on 33
rachel mcadams wiki
HiD picked up her own bunker rake from garden centre for £5, does the job (y)

I found a rake in one of our bunkers yesterday. Obviously put there by someone other than one of the green staff as it was a standard garden rake. Removed by me (committtee member). I did wonder if they had got fed up of carrying it around and were going to pick it up again on the way past on the back nine.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Crikey! Where was that?
East Herts (the administrative area, not the club!)
Not quite as near to the Arctic circle as you might think.
That was at 7am, one on at 8 and all gone by 9
Has been a bit chilly recently - there was frost on the car early one morning last week.
Plus, our GK slaps on the temps at the first opportunity. People were allowed to rebook a tee time later in the day.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was that by combining the cards later??

Yes online Zoom meeting,

It was ironic after the governments initial advice, I'd booked to partner the wife, of course after they changed the guidance I wouldn't dare change it to play with one of the usual roll-up guys (under penalty of death) so she became the 1st lady to play in the roll-up in the 30 years it's been running

Visit site
I played 13 holes (should really have finished the 18 but it was getting gloomy and I was bloody starving). I scored 31 points on the 13 holes I played. It's the first time I have played the course in good conditions (I only joined just before the autumn/winter rains came) and it's clear to me that the handicap I got in those conditions (35) WILL come down. Out in 49 and then 5,5,6,6 on 10 to 13 (which includes the two most difficult par 4s and a par 5)...

Bloody hell I enjoyed it. Went to sleep thinking of the drive nailed down the long 12th and woke up thinking of the towering shot onto the 180 yard par 3 9th...

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
3hcp....before the lockdown.
Steady 87 today. ? 3rd swing was a shank. Game feels very rusty and hands are sore.
Know how you feel I missed one fairway by about 40 yds onto the practice ground.
Felt like I had someone else’s swing , it was a bit unnerving at times.
It will come back ,I hope.