I played for the first time today in 50+ days and …...

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thought this needed its own thread for comments on our first round back.

I was one of the first ones out at Pyrford this morning (pulling rank as Captain of course!) - first shot really ropey as trying to remember how to swing a club. Then somehow shot level par for the front nine and +3 gross overall. Where did that come from?

We have taken white tees away to promote social golf - all the essential distancing options - starting on the 10th because it is right by the clubhouse window. But hey - GOLF IS BACK!!! (Sorry Scotland/NI)
Out of interest, when did you start your captaincy?
I was supposed to start mine after the AGM at the end of March but that has been postponed now until November at the earliest.
Will yours run for the usual 12 months or has it been extended?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Out of interest, when did you start your captaincy?
I was supposed to start mine after the AGM at the end of March but that has been postponed now until November at the earliest.
Will yours run for the usual 12 months or has it been extended?

It began in November so I am half-way through it. There have been informal comments about doing another year but it depends on my own circumstances as I was planning to move from Surrey down to Devon at the end of this year. We will see. I have just had to cancel my Captain's Day and postponed the Club Championship for now until September. Guess I picked the wrong year to have the honour.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It began in November so I am half-way through it. There have been informal comments about doing another year but it depends on my own circumstances as I was planning to move from Surrey down to Devon at the end of this year. We will see. I have just had to cancel my Captain's Day and postponed the Club Championship for now until September. Guess I picked the wrong year to have the honour.
Yes, and me.
It has been suggested that we swap to a November changeover and that would tie in with when our ladies section change their captaincy.

BumbleBee

Visit site
I don't think we will be allowed fourballs unless our protocol differs from the GUI Republic of Ireland model. But I know that today the GUI have a meeting with all clubs to sign them up to the protocols, so I cant see them being any different.

3 balls at 14 min intervals is what we are going for at Clandeboye.
That'll do me at Warrenpoint.

Doodle

Visit site
Haven't picked up a club in 2x months.
1st tee today.
Mini driver to the 150 market (fairway)
8 iron to within 3ft of the pin
Sunk the putt for birdie
???

The rest of the round wasn't too shabby,
Pars or 1x over with 1x blob.
All in all, much better than expected.
A happy bunny to be back playing.
Roll on Fri for my next game.
???

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
30 points. Typically best drive of the day on the first.

30 mph winds with ridiculous gusts, but better weather reported next two days. So will try again.

Course was spot on. If that was with limited staff they've done well.

D

Deleted member 3432

3hcp....before the lockdown.
Steady 87 today. ? 3rd swing was a shank. Game feels very rusty and hands are sore.

Hope HJS doesn't see this, he's nervous enough without seeing how badly a 'proper' golfer has gone today :eek:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, and me.
It has been suggested that we swap to a November changeover and that would tie in with when our ladies section change their captaincy.
We've had the same problem..... we've called this year just an 'Honourary year', though I'm not sure of the meaning other than it's 'Void' & we've just moved everything back a year. So its now 2022 for my Captains year......... hopefully. :unsure::unsure:
Good luck with your year's guys. (y)(y)

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We've had the same problem..... we've called this year just an 'Honourary year', though I'm not sure of the meaning other than it's 'Void' & we've just moved everything back a year. So its now 2022 for my Captains year......... hopefully. :unsure::unsure:
Good luck with your year's guys. (y)(y)
Cheers Dave. It may well be 2022 before things are back to something like normal.