I didn't play today because..........(rolling thread)

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
Ok, it's getting to that time of year when being out on the course isn't quite so appealing so lets hear all those excuses for giving it a miss.......... :D
:rofl:

I don't need bad weather as an excuse for not going out. In fact, I'd go out in almost anything these days (monsoon being the only exception!). With young kids and a poorly wife, and of course a full time job, there just isn't the time to get out on the course. It sucks.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Due to play this morning. Went to the range last night and back gone again. Back to keeping it warm, resting and taking anti-inflammatories. Only muscular I think (hope) but keeps seems to get sore and stops me playing. Think it just needs total rest for a month or so. As if that'll happen!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Frozen solid + *cough, cough, cough, cough, cough = staying in. Not been across the doorstep since I played last Saturday... antibiotics and an inhaler. I'll leave it for another week.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
course closed last 3 days.

freezing cold and sleet showers all around.

heading to northwest tomorrow for a bit of links respite.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
because of Littlestone's strict frost rules and no play until 09:30, so my 7:34 tee was blown away. Couldn't go out as I needed to get to my wife's grannies 105th birthday party at 13:00.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The course is closed.
Has been closed since Monday - no great surprise, there's still areas with a covering of snow, the ground froze solid with temperatures around -8/9 and then it rained for a day on that frozen ground...
It's so waterlogged that the next inspection won't be until Monday!
Hopefully it will be open by midweek as it's my last chance to play this year....

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The course is closed.
Has been closed since Monday - no great surprise, there's still areas with a covering of snow, the ground froze solid with temperatures around -8/9 and then it rained for a day on that frozen ground...
It's so waterlogged that the next inspection won't be until Monday!
Hopefully it will be open by midweek as it's my last chance to play this year....

think i gave up my membership at ours just in time lol. are currently negotiating to sell our house, must be a fair chance i dont play again until weve moved now

D

Deleted Member 1156

Manflu! I blame Merv79 for dragging me out in horrendous conditions on Sunday, been laid up in bed all week as a result. We are going out for a curry tomorrow night so that should sweat the last of it out of me :D

merv79

Head Pro
www.ferndowngolfclub.co.uk
Manflu! I blame Merv79 for dragging me out in horrendous conditions on Sunday, been laid up in bed all week as a result. We are going out for a curry tomorrow night so that should sweat the last of it out of me :D

Lightweight!!!
It used to be me always struggling after playing in conditions like that (remember Saunton!) but I have been fine this week :)