I didn't play today because..........(rolling thread)

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

Lwatson-jones

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Didn't play today, due to the rain yesterday and overnight :(

Course was closed this morning.

Which is a bit gutting, as it was a Texas Scramble today and I was playing with my Wife and eldest Son, who has just gained his official handicap and was going to be his 1st club competition.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didn't play, but I went to see some Bentley clubs being tested today, irons really do look awesome.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Didn't play today because I left my keys at work, so instead of smashing up the driving range... I spent a lovely extra 3 hours on the train to retrieve said keys :(

D

Deleted Member 1156

Xmas shopping today but playing in the stableford tomorrow and the forecast looks pretty good albeit a tad chilly.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Should have played in a roll up at 9 this morning but started at 7.45 yesterday in heavy frost so turned over at 6.10 when the alarm went off - good decision.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My 3 regular buddies have swanned off and left me :ears: 1 to Tenerife 1 to Loch Lomond , the other to Wales. But do I care, we have 6 temp greens and its a bit too cold to play anyway, I much prefer shopping with HIDs :whistle:

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I got seriously chilled to the bone playing yesterday to point of feeling ill

Freezing cold wind and rain it was utterly horrible.

Monthly medal today but giving golf a rest until the weather calms down a bit rather be inside than out playing that.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had a heavy night on the booze and didn't get to bed till 3am, so had a quite day and took Rupert on his first trip to the beach.... he loved it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not been sleeping great recently and felt really tired yesterday on the last few holes. Went to bed last night with the intent of playing but turned the alarm off and next thing I knew it was 11.00am. Next thing I knew after that it was 1.00pm so the body clearly needed the rest

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not been sleeping great recently and felt really tired yesterday on the last few holes. Went to bed last night with the intent of playing but turned the alarm off and next thing I knew it was 11.00am. Next thing I knew after that it was 1.00pm so the body clearly needed the rest

Now you know the meaning of the old saying " old age doesn't come by itself " :rofl: I found out years ago :eek:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just trying to cheer you up Homer, I'm 71, you're only a pup , I hope you get better soon kiddo :thup:

Cheers pal. Think with all the doubts about my job and possible redundancy and re-deployment in September and in a role I'm not 100% comfortable in (lack of knowledge the biggest issue) has been weighing heavy and finally coming out which is I'm not sleeping and being susceptible to all the bugs going round.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers pal. Think with all the doubts about my job and possible redundancy and re-deployment in September and in a role I'm not 100% comfortable in (lack of knowledge the biggest issue) has been weighing heavy and finally coming out which is I'm not sleeping and being susceptible to all the bugs going round.

I took early retirement at 52 [ electrician ] , the best decision I've made in my life, so far :smirk:.

Work to live, don't live to work :thup: you're just a number .

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Course closed. loads of rain the last few days so the place is no doubt sodden. a real cold snap in the air today and snow on the hills.

GREAT day off :(

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not played this week - lost the enthusiasm. Not used the time to practice either and weather been fine.

See if I drag myself out this weekend at all - will not happen unless my son blackmails me to play so he can play a comp as he has organised nothing and will not find anyone else to go out with.

Sucker parent I am.....