I didn't play today because..........(rolling thread)

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tomorrow - forecast for heavy rain so not bothering in that and HID working so a chance of a long lie in
Sunday - captains drive in - shotgun and wasn't around in time to get name down for a team. Pub lunch calling

If you have the opportunity, get some dedicated (focused) practice in mate, away from the course 👍👍

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If you have the opportunity, get some dedicated (focused) practice in mate, away from the course 👍👍

Way ahead. Tomorrow afternoon is working on the swing change Paul Foston wants and Sunday morning is all about pitching and distance control from 60-20 yards and bunkers and working up a thirst for a lunchtime drink

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Like a lot of the answers...work - something you retired old gits have long forgotten. :mmm:

Playing Sunday which will probably be the last chance to get a round in before disc replacement surgery and therefore anything between 2-3 months of not playing.
I'm thinking that I have planned the timing of my surgery most conveniently (especially as my surgeon originally offered to do the op in April 2017)!
In fact, in his letter to my GP, he did mention that I wanted to wait so that I could play golf over the summer! :rofl:
As a side note, I think that I must have the only surgeon in the country that doesn't play golf!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Already crossed off for today....for the 3 day, night....cough, cough, cough. A proper horribly wet cough

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Youngest isn’t well after her injections
Wife isn’t well
I don’t feel great

Day of sitting on settee watching kids programs with the boy I think

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
would love to have played today but forecast so horrible. My brother called yesterday and was just back from the club after Mizuno were there for a fitting day - he was relieved of over 1100 quid and was ranting about getting 15 yards on his irons - new 900 forged stiff shaft 8 upwards and 900 hot metal 5-7. He then asked to try the hybrids - £200!! i thought they were about 120 last time i loooked - but 2 new ones and getting 20 or more yards extra - and to top it off a new bling bling bag!! Time for new clubs!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
would love to have played today but forecast so horrible. My brother called yesterday and was just back from the club after Mizuno were there for a fitting day - he was relieved of over 1100 quid and was ranting about getting 15 yards on his irons - new 900 forged stiff shaft 8 upwards and 900 hot metal 5-7. He then asked to try the hybrids - £200!! i thought they were about 120 last time i loooked - but 2 new ones and getting 20 or more yards extra - and to top it off a new bling bling bag!! Time for new clubs!

One the guys I play with regularly has just gone through this. We were totally surprised because we all thought he played really well with his Titleist AP1s and 917 hybrids. Biggest thing to notice is that he went from TT XP95 in reg to Project X 5.5.

His 917s he only bought within the past year.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Went up to the club to do some practice. Wow that was cold in the wind chill. Loads out in the new Captains event (didn't get my name down in time) and they all looked frozen to the core. I was too cold after 90 minutes called it quits about 10.55, loitered in the bar to observe the silence and came home, got changed and adjourned to a nice country pub