I didn't play today because..........(rolling thread)

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Was planning some swing work post lesson on Wednesday and then playing a loop of five holes before dark to test it ahead of the weekend. Got a feeling if I even venture to the club I'll be watching rain fall and drinking coffee. Weekend looking grim too especially for a medal on Sunday. Full wet gear ready

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
quite a nice morning here and that would mean i would be off to play usually, but the pain in my broken finger is so that, i've not bothered.

Doc this afternoon

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Time to reopen this thread methinks...
Windy, rainy - basically horrible out there today.
Don't need to be on the course so only venturing outside to the car and back for work...
Roll on Summer
It's a real shame. Our course has been playing well the last week, but this will end it for proper Summer play now :(

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's a real shame. Our course has been playing well the last week, but this will end it for proper Summer play now :(
We've gone from Summer golf to Winter golf in the space of about 10 days.
Soft, no run...and on a course of 6700+ off the whites it's become hard going.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unlikely to play this weekend as my back has flared up again, off to the doc's (again) on Monday to see if we can get to the bottom of it (almost literally I think), I am tempted to play on Sunday just to make my back go spastic so the doctor can see what its like on a Monday, just weighing up whether its worth the pain or not :cry:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Unlikely to play this weekend as my back has flared up again, off to the doc's (again) on Monday to see if we can get to the bottom of it (almost literally I think), I am tempted to play on Sunday just to make my back go spastic so the doctor can see what its like on a Monday, just weighing up whether its worth the pain or not :cry:
Go for it Steve...just think of the bacon nutty at halfway....(y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tomorrow is Captain's Day so even though it's 100% going to be miserable weather, I'm still going out. Hopefully the weather impacts everybody's scores but mine I guess. :cautious:

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site

Well I played on Sunday (badly as i had a back spasm 6 holes in), the back was in a sorry state yesterday and the doctor has suggested that I cease golf for the foreseeable until my condition is fully diagnosed & satisfactorily treated, at my age I have absolutely no idea how long that will be, conservatively I am guessing until at least next spring so right now I am more than a little fed up.