I bought today.....

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I recently had a proper fitting, after years of buying what caught my eye. Albeit I can’t hit a 4 iron for toffee, I got one with the set and will force myself to get better with it. Also decided to match up the wedges, with same shafts, lie etc, but they really have taken some getting used to, but happy enough now to let the Vokeys go.

The other stuff I’ll never use, so it’s going/gone.

I’ve a ‘thing’ for head covers, so can’t count how many I have - it’s a weakness :ROFLMAO:

I never get rid of wedges. They all play slightly differently so always fun to pick up and have a wee go with.
I lend them to nephews when they come home, or to mates who want to try the sport.
They all know who to ask if they want a bag put together if the need arises. 😀

Burnsey

Visit site
I never get rid of wedges. They all play slightly differently so always fun to pick up and have a wee go with.
I lend them to nephews when they come home, or to mates who want to try the sport.
They all know who to ask if they want a bag put together if the need arises. 😀

If I don’t shed the old, I’ll never commit to the new. That’s my excuse anyway :ROFLMAO:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You remind me of me 10 years ago. I had a club shaped box arrive at the door every week. Must have tried every type of club and shaft type you could think of. From whippy soft to ram rod stiff, 9 woods, 1 irons, 7.5 degree heads, 12 degree you name I've owned it.
I more or less know what I like now and what works best for me.
I still dabble in the odd 3 iron which always is a work in progress and low lofted hybrid.
Also still collect putters when one catches my eye. That addiction will never stop I'd say.
If you are fond of 3 irons. Defo try and locate a Mizuno pro 225 3 iron.

I’ve had everything in the 2i department from TMB’s, Srixon, taylormade, PXG etc

Nothing comes close to this thing I have now. Soft as anything and goes Looooooong.

Very forgiving club.

Clubhouse were doing them with a c taper lite shaft a month or so back for £125 new.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you are fond of 3 irons. Defo try and locate a Mizuno pro 225 3 iron.

I’ve had everything in the 2i department from TMB’s, Srixon, taylormade, PXG etc

Nothing comes close to this thing I have now. Soft as anything and goes Looooooong.

Very forgiving club.

Clubhouse were doing them with a c taper lite shaft a month or so back for £125 new.

I have a ping i500 power spec 3 iron I'm working on atm. Only had it out a few times on the course. Hasn't gone too well yet. Had more success at the range the last 2 weeks.
Will soon be getting some evening course practice now with the longer evenings so it remains to be seen it if makes the cut long term. 😀

Burnsey

Visit site
Took all my odds and ends to the pro shop and left with the 22 degree G430 Hybrid, my old Mizuno 7 wood (which I discovered at some stage has had a longer aftermarket shaft fitted) as it's worth about 8 pence, but with more in my pocket than when I went.

Last edited:

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Picked up some second hand Ping G430 irons 5-PW, as lofts are strong also picked up a new Titleist wedge at 52* to sit between my other wedges (46 and 58)
Having now played a few rounds with them, could drop the 5 iron as same distance as my 7 wood. Might go for a gapping session next week to dial in my distances. They are really nice clubs and worth considering if you’re in the market for new clubs.

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Today I bought.....golf clubs

So after a very long time away from the sport, a pal of mine arranged a charity golf day at a local course for my sons football club and talked me into playing. I've had to start again as I sold everything when I tore a muscle in my shoulder. Looking forward to them arriving (apart from needing to get a 5iron reshafted) and getting to the range to try them out. Still needing a few cheap bits and bob (bag, hybrid, putter, balls)so on the look out.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Today I bought.....golf clubs

So after a very long time away from the sport, a pal of mine arranged a charity golf day at a local course for my sons football club and talked me into playing. I've had to start again as I sold everything when I tore a muscle in my shoulder. Looking forward to them arriving (apart from needing to get a 5iron reshafted) and getting to the range to try them out. Still needing a few cheap bits and bob (bag, hybrid, putter, balls)so on the look out.

Great news mate
Good luck with the comeback

Do you still have the famous pink Nike shirt 😁

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It would appear that, thanks to @moogie I have bought an "as new" set of Titleist T200 irons, sight unseen 😬

But thanks to moogie, I got them for a smidge over £500 with a trade in of £200 against my current irons. I don't think I can argue at that.

Ideally wanted the i230s but looking at reviews the T200 gets a more favourable write up overall.
3 rounds in with these and, apart from the odd sound they make, I'm liking them a lot.

About a club longer than my old M18s so having to be conscious of my club selection but overall, I can't complain about them. Look good too, clean and unfussy.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Walked in the house with the new Ai Smoke Driver for buggerlugs that he had a fitting for last week.

Popped it down in the kitchen and waited for him to come downstairs - he didn't clock it at first but when he did - his face was an absolute picture. Lets see if the 20/30 yard gains he was getting in the simulator translate to the course.🤞

Golfnut1957

Visit site
A Ping Zing 2 Be Cu 61* lob wedge.

For some strange reason I found myself looking at a Mizuno T22 wedge but kept on fighting the demons and telling myself that I didn't want a lob wedge. Then I spotted the Ping, very funky, very unique, very cheap.

Re-shaft, re-grip, practice, Bobs your uncle.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A Ping Zing 2 Be Cu 61* lob wedge.

For some strange reason I found myself looking at a Mizuno T22 wedge but kept on fighting the demons and telling myself that I didn't want a lob wedge. Then I spotted the Ping, very funky, very unique, very cheap.

Re-shaft, re-grip, practice, Bobs your uncle.

There's a sw and lw be cu sitting in our club shop. I don't need them but part of me wants to own them.

They are a classic design. 👌

Smoj

Visit site
Stealth 2+ rescue 3h 19.5 with my favorite KBS PGI shaft

I've been hitting my sealth+ 4h very well recently, has replaced my driver at the moment as it's so accurate and long, So I decided to get a 3h instead of a 5 wood

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Wore a pair of Mizuno G-style spikeless golf shoes all last season and all winter. Comfortable and good grip in all conditions. Still plenty of tread left for this season but managed to snap up another pair on sale for £49.