I bought today.....

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Not bought (yet) but probably will. Youth went for a driver fitting, impressive results from the AI smoke..

He’s been saving up his birthday and Christmas money - but he’s a couple of hundred quid shy of what he needs. He’s currently trying to sell anything with a value to make up the shortfall - bless him.

(I’ll obviously weigh in if he gets close to his target) (y)

Springveldt

Visit site
Bought a Fitbit yesterday as I’m now on a bit of a fitness kick and I’ve decided I need to lose weight to help my golf and for better health in general. I’m late 40’s now and if I don’t get rid of the weight now then I’m more than likely going to be stuck with it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Bought a new Ping G430 5 wood and 7 wood today. Chuffed to bits with the price. Be nice to see the rain stop so I can lose a ball with them.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2 jumbo grips to pop on a couple of shafts I have not been using. I have one on my current driver shaft and I like it. But I want to see if the height of my drives can be adjusted, so I have a couple of grips to add if the trial goes in ones favour..

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A Vokey SM 9 54° S with 10° bounce for £129 from our pro shop. It replaces the exact same model that has been in my bag for 18 months. There can’t be much difference between this and the new SM 10 version except the additional £50 in cost.

Smoj

Visit site
A Vokey SM 9 54° S with 10° bounce for £129 from our pro shop. It replaces the exact same model that has been in my bag for 18 months. There can’t be much difference between this and the new SM 10 version except the additional £50 in cost.
I found there was little to no upgrade from the SM 8 to SM 9, apart from brand new SM 8 became mega cheap when the SM 9 came out

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some insoles, seem to have a sore ball of my foot which I think is related to poor spike systems and me wearing the footbed away.
Plus the bionic glove which although expensive allows me to practice longer and minimises my hand calluses popping up .. another issue from spending hours on the range hitting balls.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I still haven't been able to replace my Sm5 60 degree. In Bob's wisdom he changed the K grind on the Sm6 to 12 degrees then lost the plot and moved it to 14 on Sm7 and up.
My sm5 sits at 11 degrees and I can't move off it.
I have two Sm8 wedges that complete my wedge set up that have a number of years left in them yet.

The older model at reduced prices is the way to go with vokeys. They have gone to silly money now the same as everything else golf related.

Burnsey

Visit site
I still haven't been able to replace my Sm5 60 degree. In Bob's wisdom he changed the K grind on the Sm6 to 12 degrees then lost the plot and moved it to 14 on Sm7 and up.
My sm5 sits at 11 degrees and I can't move off it.
I have two Sm8 wedges that complete my wedge set up that have a number of years left in them yet.

The older model at reduced prices is the way to go with vokeys. They have gone to silly money now the same as everything else golf related.

I was mugged into changing every time they released a new model, right up until SM9 - had 54/56/58/60/62 and always got good money when swapping.

Now I've gone Ping S159 wedges to match my iron set, but kept the 56 12D, as it was my go to sand wedge. Just popped it on the club group for sale at £75 and expect it will be gone by the end of the day. I agree though, always buy used from the guy buying the new model - he won't have had them long!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was mugged into changing every time they released a new model, right up until SM9 - had 54/56/58/60/62 and always got good money when swapping.

Now I've gone Ping S159 wedges to match my iron set, but kept the 56 12D, as it was my go to sand wedge. Just popped it on the club group for sale at £75 and expect it will be gone by the end of the day. I agree though, always buy used from the guy buying the new model - he won't have had them long!

If you look on ebay you can usually get the order models brand new for fairly cheap.

Shops clearing stock or some sellers just getting rid after buying and not using.

Burnsey

Visit site
If you look on ebay you can usually get the order models brand new for fairly cheap.

Shops clearing stock or some sellers just getting rid after buying and not using.

The SM9 I listed sold within the hour to be fair.

Just had a giddy spell and listed some stuff on the club whatsapp I don't use - Ping G Series 3 wood, PXG 7 wood, plus a Garmin Approach and popping up to part exchange my Paradym 21 degree hybrid (never liked it) for a new G430 22 degree hybrid. I'll have a spanking new club and a few quid left, no doubt to spend on other crap.

Love it :giggle:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The SM9 I listed sold within the hour to be fair.

Just had a giddy spell and listed some stuff on the club whatsapp I don't use - Ping G Series 3 wood, PXG 7 wood, plus a Garmin Approach and popping up to part exchange my Paradym 21 degree hybrid (never liked it) for a new G430 22 degree hybrid. I'll have a spanking new club and a few quid left, no doubt to spend on other crap.

Love it :giggle:

You remind me of me 10 years ago. I had a club shaped box arrive at the door every week. Must have tried every type of club and shaft type you could think of. From whippy soft to ram rod stiff, 9 woods, 1 irons, 7.5 degree heads, 12 degree you name I've owned it.
I more or less know what I like now and what works best for me.
I still dabble in the odd 3 iron which always is a work in progress and low lofted hybrid.
Also still collect putters when one catches my eye. That addiction will never stop I'd say.

Burnsey

Visit site
You remind me of me 10 years ago. I had a club shaped box arrive at the door every week. Must have tried every type of club and shaft type you could think of. From whippy soft to ram rod stiff, 9 woods, 1 irons, 7.5 degree heads, 12 degree you name I've owned it.
I more or less know what I like now and what works best for me.
I still dabble in the odd 3 iron which always is a work in progress and low lofted hybrid.
Also still collect putters when one catches my eye. That addiction will never stop I'd say.

I recently had a proper fitting, after years of buying what caught my eye. Albeit I can’t hit a 4 iron for toffee, I got one with the set and will force myself to get better with it. Also decided to match up the wedges, with same shafts, lie etc, but they really have taken some getting used to, but happy enough now to let the Vokeys go.

The other stuff I’ll never use, so it’s going/gone.

I’ve a ‘thing’ for head covers, so can’t count how many I have - it’s a weakness :ROFLMAO: