I bought today.....

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you go shorter
You can ask for them to have it swingweigted back to a regular level
By use of the many weight screws they have and are able to utilise, in custom build process

They're very helpful, great customer service

I may have bought quite a few bits off them recently😉

Just had 20 min callback from guy at PXG very helpful asked a lot of questions then advised what shaft would suit best and I also asked for 1inch shorter and he told me they would alter swingwieght accordingly, this at no extra cost.

At £199 I can’t go wrong as I could always move it on if it doesn’t suit.

Impressed with their service I know it’s not as good as a proper fitting but for me it’s better than ordering club off the shelf.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sold my irons yesterday as 5-8 have been superseded by hybrids. This left a big gap between my 8 hybrid and my wedges. Had a root about on ebay, and found someone selling brand new old gen Cobra 9 irons. Bought an f-max for 30 quid, will do nicely.

I did however think it was quite odd that he was selling brand new clubs (still in the wrappers) which are 6-7 years old. He's got a wide range of releases, from F7 upwards.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Two pair of walking shoes from Fittville.
I have wide feet and these are the best shoes I have ever had.
I bought golf shoes from them and they are brilliant.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I didn't buy it today, I actually received it yesterday, a Taylormade Stealth 2. I've never really got on with TM clubs, particularly drivers. The most extreme example being a R9 Superdeep, oh it was fun standing on the tee watching the ball fly 100 yards and then just fall out of the sky. I digress.

The Stealth 2 is replacing my 2 week old TSR2 which I had craved since they came out. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered that it wasn't meant to be, even after a couple of shaft changes. Imagine my joy following a range session and 9 holes today, when I discovered that TM had decided to design something just for me. Thank you.

The TSR2 is going you know where to pay for the Stealth.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sold my irons yesterday as 5-8 have been superseded by hybrids. This left a big gap between my 8 hybrid and my wedges. Had a root about on ebay, and found someone selling brand new old gen Cobra 9 irons. Bought an f-max for 30 quid, will do nicely.

I did however think it was quite odd that he was selling brand new clubs (still in the wrappers) which are 6-7 years old. He's got a wide range of releases, from F7 upwards.

What type of hybrid did you get to replace your 5-8 irons ?if you don’t mind me asking.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Stack System received yesterday.
I have put on 8-10mph club speed over the last 12 months without any of those schemes. Interested to see if I have reached the ceiling or there is still more to gain.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The Stack System received yesterday.
I have put on 8-10mph club speed over the last 12 months without any of those schemes. Interested to see if I have reached the ceiling or there is still more to gain.

How did you do that? What did you start at and what are you up to?

I'd say there's always an element of power leak s in most swings.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How did you do that? What did you start at and what are you up to?

I'd say there's always an element of power leak s in most swings.
I would say two things :
- freeing my mind from swing positions, technique, aiming for a picture perfect swing, instead, swing for speed
- buying a launch monitor. The numbers dont lie. And you end up changing your swing to get the number up. I got a PRGR, £200 on Amazon. Best golf investment you can make.

88-92 mph driver a year ago - and would have felt it was impossible to get it higher. But kept pushing, maybe 30 balls once or twice a week going all out for speed. Gradually but steadily increased. In hindsight, looks like 1mph per 6 weeks. Now, any session averages 98-100 for the 30 or 40 ball. Some balls 101-103. 104 and 105 very rare but occasional in the last couple of months. Am never below 96 even on an individual ball. But I cannot at all at the moment average a session over 100.
So maybe I have just made the Stack/Superspeed gains over 12 month that they might have given me 8n 3 months, I dont know. And maybe with 10mph and 10% gain I have hit the wall. But thought winter the time to try one of those, and find out.

Albo

Visit site
I would say two things :
- freeing my mind from swing positions, technique, aiming for a picture perfect swing, instead, swing for speed
- buying a launch monitor. The numbers dont lie. And you end up changing your swing to get the number up. I got a PRGR, £200 on Amazon. Best golf investment you can make.

88-92 mph driver a year ago - and would have felt it was impossible to get it higher. But kept pushing, maybe 30 balls once or twice a week going all out for speed. Gradually but steadily increased. In hindsight, looks like 1mph per 6 weeks. Now, any session averages 98-100 for the 30 or 40 ball. Some balls 101-103. 104 and 105 very rare but occasional in the last couple of months. Am never below 96 even on an individual ball. But I cannot at all at the moment average a session over 100.
So maybe I have just made the Stack/Superspeed gains over 12 month that they might have given me 8n 3 months, I dont know. And maybe with 10mph and 10% gain I have hit the wall. But thought winter the time to try one of those, and find out.
I saw similar gains from a slightly higher bench mark, was probably 92-95 generally, now can easily hit 100 just swinging what feels like normal, and if I go after it 103-104 though at the moment I don’t feel like I can take that speed out on the course with me, but (given I don’t use the PRGR on course, so don’t know for sure), guess my speed on course is high 90s / low 100s.
Was on track man earlier this week, most swings there were high 99’s low 100’s a couple down at 97/98 and a few when I went after it up at 103/104.
I feel like there needs to be a bit more than just out and out speed when it comes to playing and practice. Generally speaking the speed stick stuff tells you to just swing and swing hard/fast which is great, but put a ball down and do that, the results for me aren’t great. I’m getting better results when I swing fast/hard a few times, work out what’s going on with direction/ strike on face (trackman a lot better for than than PRGR obvs), the rectify with a feeling then swing hard with that rectified feeling. Probably why my top speed isn’t playable at the moment, but my general speed is up.
I’m starting to work now on ball speed as much as club speed, ball speed of 150 on trackman at the moment is my aim for consistency, but that requires a perfect strike at 100mph or get speed up over 100 and smash down a bit from 1.5. I think last time my highest ball speed was 152 or 153, but again that’s when I’m going after it so not something I’m comfortable with. Generally playing speed is mid to high 140s