I bought today.....

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for that such a bargain considering the cost of other brands drivers, I have e - mailed them for some shaft advice before I order as I’m unsure which option would suit me best.

I’m a senior with slow swing speed.

What shaft option did you go for?
I went for the regular but half an inch shorter.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for that such a bargain considering the cost of other brands drivers, I have e - mailed them for some shaft advice before I order as I’m unsure which option would suit me best.

I’m a senior with slow swing speed.

What shaft option did you go for?
Don't know if this helps but I bought the previous generation version last year. Bad back, slow swing. I chose the Riptide 5.0, 50g shaft. Effectively a seniors shaft.

It's light but not overly whippy. I really like it, all bits about the club. Very easy to use and nice and forgiving.

It was suggested to me to go for a 45g shaft which they had. It was just a step too far, think my previous driver shaft was around 70g.

I don't know if they offer the same shaft but hopefully this gives you a benchmark.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't know if this helps but I bought the previous generation version last year. Bad back, slow swing. I chose the Riptide 5.0, 50g shaft. Effectively a seniors shaft.

It's light but not overly whippy. I really like it, all bits about the club. Very easy to use and nice and forgiving.

It was suggested to me to go for a 45g shaft which they had. It was just a step too far, think my previous driver shaft was around 70g.

I don't know if they offer the same shaft but hopefully this gives you a benchmark.

Thanks that’s helpful 👍

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think I will go for the A and an inch shorter but will wait for reply from them to see what they advise.
Thanks

If you go shorter
You can ask for them to have it swingweigted back to a regular level
By use of the many weight screws they have and are able to utilise, in custom build process

They're very helpful, great customer service

I may have bought quite a few bits off them recently😉

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you go shorter
By use of the many weight screws they have and are able to utilise, in custom build process

Ok will do thanks 👍

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you go shorter

The only thing that’s puzzling me is why is this driver around £200-£300 cheaper than other drivers on the market, any thoughts?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
The only thing that’s puzzling me is why is this driver around £200-£300 cheaper than other drivers on the market, any thoughts?

It's the Gen5 model that is currently £199

They have a Gen 6 model out now which is £469 (I think)

Just a special offer to turn over stock I guess

Quality well made gear, with some decent shaft offerings as stock
Grips....not the best (imo) even though they're lamkin

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site

You can specify other grips if you like - I think Golf Pride were available for the same price

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can specify other grips if you like - I think Golf Pride were available for the same price

That's something new
Generally lamkin z5 as standard
Used to be £10 upcharge for golf pride grips
Which I never paid, cos I can buy my own for less and fit myself

So that's a refreshing change

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They did this last year. When they want to clear stock, they really mean it. The driver you are buying now will be out of stock within a couple of weeks, not a one left. When they launch the next generation they don't want any crossover.

It's a bold way to do things and great for the likes of us who are happy to have a previous seasons model at a cracking price.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I may have had a cheeky look but the shaft options are far too light for me

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Bought a brand new driver on Saturday, Mizuno st-x
Little bit anxious how it would go as I'd never even hit the thing before buying it but played yesterday and pretty happy with its first outing, didn't set any new long drive records but once i figure out how to use it I reckon it'll be fine
The draw weighting bias seems to help with no sign of anything resembling a slice (which can haunt me if I under-commit into the wind)

oleinone

Visit site
I get cold hands as the weather turns cooler to the extent that they become stiff and lose feeling. Stuffing them in pockets and under armpits doesn't help. Just ordered FJ wintersoft gloves plus a pair of rechargeable hand warmers.

MACM85

Visit site
Purchased some new irons and wedges the other day. Took them out yesterday for a spin

IMG-20231119-WA0000.jpg

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I went for the regular but half an inch shorter.

Update from PXG they advised to come for a fitting but unfortunately that’s not possible at the moment but they offered a free phone fitting.

As I have all my specs from my last fitting 6 years ago it should give me a better idea what information to give them.

Probably a better idea than just buying off the shelf.

Quite impressed with their customer service.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Update from PXG they advised to come for a fitting but unfortunately that’s not possible at the moment but they offered a free phone fitting.

I'm dubious of club fitting as it is but phone fitting?
Surely there's not much you can do here, unless you're a senior and need big buttons and a very loud speaker.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm dubious of club fitting as it is but phone fitting?
Surely there's not much you can do here, unless you're a senior and need big buttons and a very loud speaker.
Would expect basically a question and answer session - how tall are you, what flight are you looking for, more carry or lower flight, do you fade/draw etc etc.