TSI 2 Hybrid set at 23*
Literally brand new and got it for £115 from Fortrose club shop 😀
Spurk short pile mat, let’s see what all the fuss is about 😂😂

Golfnut1957

Visit site
TSI 2 Hybrid set at 23*
Literally brand new and got it for £115 from Fortrose club shop 😀
Spurk short pile mat, let’s see what all the fuss is about 😂😂
My mate always has to do everything differently from everyone else, constantly re-invent the wheel as it were. Being the last in our group to get a Spurk he had to go and get the shag pile version when we had all bought the short pile one.

I don't know if it was us constantly questioning why he had chosen to play out of the rough or the fact that he didn't like playing out of shag pile, but he took a Stanley blade to it and gave it a Mohican, now it is half shag pile half fairway, and he gets to choose the lie.

As I said at the start, definitely different.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
My mate always has to do everything differently from everyone else, constantly re-invent the wheel as it were. Being the last in our group to get a Spurk he had to go and get the shag pile version when we had all bought the short pile one.

I don't know if it was us constantly questioning why he had chosen to play out of the rough or the fact that he didn't like playing out of shag pile, but he took a Stanley blade to it and gave it a Mohican, now it is half shag pile half fairway, and he gets to choose the lie.

As I said at the start, definitely different.
What do you make of the mat?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I bought mine when they first came out, our club was one of the first in the area to introduce mandatory mats for the whole of winter and provided these horrible bits of cut up astro turf for members to use, they were so bad I went out and got my own, the Spurk.

The uptake in Spurks throughout the club was quite rapid, so much so the manufacturer noticed that he was sending a lot to TS postcodes and sent one to our Pro for people to demo.

I have two, a spare just in case the original breaks or I lose it and they are no longer available. I wouldn't be without it.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I've got one and have to go against the general consensus and say I don't like it. I find it is too solid when you hit down on it, so it feels like you are hitting off a thin mat on a piece of concrete.
Plus they sit a little higher off the ground that I find a little disconcerting.
Much prefer the carpet tile thin mats that have a lot of give in them.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
This week, one of these

vonhaus.jpg

Sole plates of all my wooden woods are going to look very shiny next year.
A lot of irons and putters will get some attention.
Had a practice yesterday on an old pair of rusty garden secateurs to get the hang of it.
Marvellous gadget.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
County Golf got me again... a Ping midlayer in a rather fetching violet colour, a DKNY light grey midlayer, and a Ping t-shirt in grey.. not sure why they are making t-shirts but I liked the design. All for a total of £50, just over the threshold for free delivery. (y)

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last week on Fleabay I finally bought a Ping G400 SFT 10 degree driver. A snip at £125.00 and in great nick too.

Took it out twice and I love it. Had been after one for yonks but despite being 6-7 years old they hold their price really well. Normally shift for around £180 - £210.

Reactions: ADB

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
A couple of putters on ebay, will post pics when they arrive.

Arrived today.
On the left is a Leyland "U-Neek" putter, silly names aren't a new thing. :D
On the right is a Castle Equipment Co "Parcastle" putter. The blue ferrule usually indicates a ladies club and this one is indeed 34" long, which is typical for a ladies putter. (Funnily enough the U-Neek putter is also 34" even though it has a standard looking ferrule)

The U-Neek has a big offset which isn't something I like in putters and as you might be able to make out, it's also quite upright in its lie angle, but the name more than makes up for that failing!

1699107299109.png

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I bought a 4-PW set of Mizuno Pro 221
⛳🏌️
As they say "Nothing feel like a Mizuno".

You'll love them, I do. Even with the purest of shots you won't get the distance of strong lofted SGI irons but if you can live with that (just hit one or two clubs more) you will be rewarded with knowing your good shots from your bad shots without seeing the flight and a feeling on the good shots that will be equal too if not better than anything out there.

ThinBullet

Visit site
As they say "Nothing feel like a Mizuno".

You'll love them, I do. Even with the purest of shots you won't get the distance of strong lofted SGI irons but if you can live with that (just hit one or two clubs more) you will be rewarded with knowing your good shots from your bad shots without seeing the flight and a feeling on the good shots that will be equal too if not better than anything out there.

Not sure. This is my dispersion from today with the 221 4 iron (orange) and my T100s (yellow). Crazy

IMG_0776.jpeg