I bought today.....

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I've been mulling over getting a Titleist TSR2 all year and now I've finally bitten the bullet and bought one. 3-week-old mint condition and great price.

It's my 6th driver of 2023, here's hoping this one's a keeper.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been mulling over getting a Titleist TSR2 all year and now I've finally bitten the bullet and bought one. 3-week-old mint condition and great price.

6th!
My G425 is my first driver since 2014.

Teebs

Visit site

I really want a TSR2...

What shaft?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I really want a TSR2...

What shaft?
Tensei Blue 55 stiff.

And, it turns out it was actually 7 drivers in 2023. In order:
Callaway Rogue (original)
Ping G430 Max
PXG 0811x
Callaway Big Bertha 816
Callaway Rogue ST Max
Titleist TSR2, and somewhere among that lot was a Mizuno ST220 Z that I'd forgotten about.

I should have kept the Ping it was the best of that bunch, but the fact is from the first review I saw I wanted the TSR2, the price however is insane. Now I finally have one (used twice apparently) I hope it lives up to the hype in terms of looks, feel, sound and performance.

All I have to do now is get rid of the PXG and Rogue to pay for it😁

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Tensei Blue 55 stiff.

Ping G430 Max
PXG 0811x
Callaway Big Bertha 816
Callaway Rogue ST Max
Titleist TSR2, and somewhere among that lot was a Mizuno ST220 Z that I'd forgotten about.

I should have kept the Ping it was the best of that bunch, but the fact is from the first review I saw I wanted the TSR2, the price however is insane. Now I finally have one (used twice apparently) I hope it lives up to the hype in terms of looks, feel, sound and performance.

Could you edit this post adding the main reason each one didn't work/suit you pls?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
5/pw Callaway CB Apex Elevate 95 S300.
Had a fitting as I was struggling with my P790s.
Hit these very well.
So every club in my bag is now Callaway.
except my putter
Have you got a callaway bag as well? If not, will you eventually crack and go full staff player😄. Hard not to go a bit OCD when you are so close to the full set up.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Drivers bought in 2023

Spalding Centurion (3,4,5 as well)
Callaway Big Bertha Warbird (3-wood as well)
Wilson Blue Ridge Sam Snead (full set woods and irons)
Maruman Completed Model
John Letters Lee Trevino Super Mex (full set woods and irons)
Slazenger Plus Jack Nicklaus (4-wood as well)
Wilson Andy Bean Professional (full set woods and irons)
Slazenger Bobby Locke (full set woods and Powermatic irons)
Ping Eye 2 (4 and 7 wood as well)
Confidence Visa Mark2 (3 and 5 wood as well)

Drivers sold in 2023

Slazenger Jack Nicklaus (2, 3, 4 as well)
Callaway Big Bertha Warbird (3-wood as well)
Wilson Andy Bean Professional (full set woods and irons)

Might sell a couple more before the end of the year.
As for buying more - depends what becomes available.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Tensei Blue 55 stiff.

Ping G430 Max
PXG 0811x
Callaway Big Bertha 816
Callaway Rogue ST Max

Have you ever considered that it might not be the driver? ;)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
5/pw Callaway CB Apex Elevate 95 S300.
Had a fitting as I was struggling with my P790s.
Hit these very well.
So every club in my bag is now Callaway.
except my putter
Have you got a callaway bag as well? If not, will you eventually crack and go full staff player😄. Hard not to go a bit OCD when you are so close to the full set up.
Just got a new Powakaddy waterproof one. (Last year)
Need an Odyssey putter fitting soon.🤣

Wasnt deliberate they just suit me Better !

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Well that is just a ridiculous statement. Suggesting that new shiny things wont improve a golfer :unsure:. Have a word with yourself 🤣.
This is correct and not correct at the same time.
What you need to do is learn to hit an old driver. Really does not take long to learn. Then you can hit any driver, including shiny new ones.
You need one like this as a training club...

maruman driver.jpg

I was a little peeved at another bidder forcing the price up by 20p, but still a very good bargain

maruman.jpg

... but this other seller has a completely different view as to what it is worth

Maruman expensive.jpg

..and no, it is not me trying to make a profit - mine is definitely a keeper.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Could you edit this post adding the main reason each one didn't work/suit you pls?
I will but it is quite difficult to define as my approach to equipment ownership is totally irrational. I love golf equipment and I wish I could own it all, but can't. I also have moments where I get bored and regardless of how well I am playing I hit eBay and suddenly start buying and selling. Researchers hope to produce a cure in the very near future, my wallet hopes so.

Callaway Rogue. I had owned one of these on 3 previous occasions, why I went for a fourth, and considered a fifth last week, I'll never know. It's a great solid club, one of Callaway's better ones in my opinion, but it is never going to satisfy the desire for new toys.

Ping G430. Brilliant club, long, consistent, sounds and looks good and was expensive. I got it for a good price and decided to cash in use the money elsewhere. Mistake!

PXG 0811x, Gen4. I love the way this club looks at address, the broad silver swathe of carbon fibre on the crown frames the ball beautifully, the deep face produces a very satisfying sound and feel when struck out of the middle. It is probably just a little bit too low spin for me, as the last club in my bag it is getting kicked out for the TSR2, or is it?

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 DBD. I had owned one before, why oh why did I repeat that mistake. I'm sure that you are aware the Double Black Diamond is a skiing term which refers to the difficulty of something and is for experts only, very apt. However, it is one sweet club on the odd occasion you get it right.

Callaway Rogue ST Max. Mighty fine all-rounder just a bit bland. I was alternating between this and the PXG using the same shaft, just swapping the adapter. The Ping came with a Project X Hzrdus RDX Red which I liked so much I bought one (it might find its way into the TSR2). These last two are hitting eBay this weekend.

Mizuno ST220 Z. Great club, looks sound & feel. Slight right bias and fairly low spin. I have no idea why I got rid of it, it was probably just one of those moments, so much so that I was considering buying another one this week, only the X (draw bias) version.

TSR2, who Knows? I have wanted to try one since they came out. I hope that it doesn't disappoint and that it stays in the bag forever :rolleyes: It came an hour ago. The course is closed so I'll be hitting the range later, not ideal but better than nothing.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Have you ever considered that it might not be the driver? ;)
Ha, this is not a quest for a holy grail, this is a deep and primordial desire which consumes and takes over..................... something like that anyway.

It's not about the latest and greatest, I have no interest in the Paradym or Stealth. In fact I haven't had any interest in anything from Taylormade since they promised me 17 extra yards with every new release, by rights I should have been hitting every drive 350.

No, I know I can't buy a golf game, in fact I know that my game will improve if I stop changing clubs every five minute. I actually enjoy the whole experience, searching, buying, selling, swapping grips, shafts heads etc, however there isn't much left to buy or try so next year could be the year when I exit the year with the same gear that I entered it and my handicap plummets because of it ;)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I will but it is quite difficult to define as my approach to equipment ownership is totally irrational. I love golf equipment and I wish I could own it all, but can't. I also have moments where I get bored and regardless of how well I am playing I hit eBay and suddenly start buying and selling. Researchers hope to produce a cure in the very near future, my wallet hopes so.

Callaway Rogue. I had owned one of these on 3 previous occasions, why I went for a fourth, and considered a fifth last week, I'll never know. It's a great solid club, one of Callaway's better ones in my opinion, but it is never going to satisfy the desire for new toys.

Ping G430. Brilliant club, long, consistent, sounds and looks good and was expensive. I got it for a good price and decided to cash in use the money elsewhere. Mistake!

PXG 0811x, Gen4. I love the way this club looks at address, the broad silver swathe of carbon fibre on the crown frames the ball beautifully, the deep face produces a very satisfying sound and feel when struck out of the middle. It is probably just a little bit too low spin for me, as the last club in my bag it is getting kicked out for the TSR2, or is it?

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 DBD. I had owned one before, why oh why did I repeat that mistake. I'm sure that you are aware the Double Black Diamond is a skiing term which refers to the difficulty of something and is for experts only, very apt. However, it is one sweet club on the odd occasion you get it right.

Callaway Rogue ST Max. Mighty fine all-rounder just a bit bland. I was alternating between this and the PXG using the same shaft, just swapping the adapter. The Ping came with a Project X Hzrdus RDX Red which I liked so much I bought one (it might find its way into the TSR2). These last two are hitting eBay this weekend.

Mizuno ST220 Z. Great club, looks sound & feel. Slight right bias and fairly low spin. I have no idea why I got rid of it, it was probably just one of those moments, so much so that I was considering buying another one this week, only the X (draw bias) version.

TSR2, who Knows? I have wanted to try one since they came out. I hope that it doesn't disappoint and that it stays in the bag forever :rolleyes: It came an hour ago. The course is closed so I'll be hitting the range later, not ideal but better than nothing.

thanks, a lot more thorough than i was expecting (y)

D

Deleted member 23344

My most used club following a drive is my 5 wood and I currently have a Callaway Rogue ST Max D. I am fairly pleased with it, but today I bought a second hand PXG 0341 XF GEN4 5 wood as a back up/potential alternative. When it arrives, I will do a comparison on the range.