I bought today.....

sunshine

Visit site
Some cheap Castore stuff on County Golf, and then chucked in a Proquip sweater for £12, which obviously led to me buying another Under Armour top. I'm not sure it's possible to visit the CG website without buying an Under Armour product.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I actually returned the gilet but only because I didn't like it. Was a bit too puffy for me and sat up too high around my neck/chin. One thing I noticed was that there was no Castore logo on the chest or anything. I don't know if they normally make them like that, but I wondered if it was a mistake and they had a run of them with no logos they flogged to CG for cheap?? No idea.

The baselayer was nice though. And I went back and picked up a midlayer in the end which is also nice quality. It was this one. Although it was reduced to £20 at the time, it's actually gone back up to 30.
I think the stuff with no chest logo is gear that's made for companies to buy and brand with their own logo. Usually the manufacturer logo will be on the sleeve or the back of the neck. I've always assumed County Golf are buying that kind of stock, along with the leftovers when manufacturers are getting ready to release the next styles.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Skytot

Visit site
The screw on the side is how they change shafts on Mizuno fitting clubs.
Others have a screw in the hosel like adjustable drivers.
So it’s ex demo ?
Not really bothered to be honest . It’s just to play thing over the winter , to see how a forged club feels . I play with Mizuno 923 HM and love them . But just fancy a bit of a play to confirm how bad my ball striking really is 😄

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So it’s ex demo ?
Not really bothered to be honest . It’s just to play thing over the winter , to see how a forged club feels . I play with Mizuno 923 HM and love them . But just fancy a bit of a play to confirm how bad my ball striking really is 😄
Then it'll do you perfectly
Got a couple of similar clubs myself....

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Had a lesson this morning. Pro has had a hardly used G430 same spec as my G425 for sale for a while. So he said why don't you try it.

Crikey. Mistake!! Much better flight than the 425 and without the noise like someone chucking bottles into a bottle bank!

I've had the 430 5 wood in the bag a while, so I thought what the heck, more expense!😄 (Offset when I sell the G425)

Last edited:

Golfnut1957

Visit site
So it’s ex demo ?
Lovely out of the middle, nowhere near as bad as people suppose from elsewhere. It won't go as far as the hollow bodied, springy faced, 30 degree lofted 7 irons..........but nobody would expect it to.

Word of warning. Don't get too happy with it, it could get very expensive.