I bought today.....

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Been struggling to hit my Taylormade m2 driver recently, can’t get it to launch very high at all, usually 10-15 feet off the ground. So I’ve nabbed a ping g410 plus for £160 in the hope that the slightly newer tech and forgiveness with help. Arrived yesterday and tried it out last night, definitely launches higher, just need to work out the direction side of things as it was drawing a bit whereas I’ve been hitting fades (when hit properly).

I’ll report back in a year once I’m sure it’s not suckered me in! Can’t tempt fate now can I!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been struggling to hit my Taylormade m2 driver recently, can’t get it to launch very high at all, usually 10-15 feet off the ground. So I’ve nabbed a ping g410 plus for £160 in the hope that the slightly newer tech and forgiveness with help. Arrived yesterday and tried it out last night, definitely launches higher, just need to work out the direction side of things as it was drawing a bit whereas I’ve been hitting fades (when hit properly).

I’ll report back in a year once I’m sure it’s not suckered me in! Can’t tempt fate now can I!
The G410 only came out 2 or 3 years later than the M2. :LOL: In fairness though I've always got on better with Pings than TaylorMades though.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The G410 only came out 2 or 3 years later than the M2. :LOL: In fairness though I've always got on better with Pings than TaylorMades though.

Yep, hence the ‘slightly newer tech’ comment 😉 I’ve loved my m2, it’s my second one and I’ve had it for 3 years. Just not playing ball recently, obviously something’s changed in my swing, maybe age/arthritis related. The ping definitely felt easier to hit but it’s early days.
Does the G410 driver sound like an empty tin of paint like most Ping drivers do 🤣
It’s more of a ‘ping’ noise than the empty can. Played with a chap last week who uses the g425 and yes, empty can noise. Went long and straight for him though so I doubt he’s bothered!

Teebs

Visit site
The Adidas Ultraboost Golf shoes arrived yesterday and even just walking around the house, they are super comfortable. Look to be absolutely perfect for summer...

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bought a Cleveland Frontline 10.5 Putter, slant neck version, a few days ago as I wanted something between a blade and a full-on mallet. Tried it on Friday and really loved it … putted better than with my Ping Anser. Mind you, the proverbial one swallow doesn’t make a summer. I’ll see what happens in my match on Wednesday.

Smoj

Visit site
Vokey SM8 Black wedges 50, 54, 58. Good deals on them as the SM9 out. They look great
Nice! I did the same a few months ago, I also jumped on some great prices for them since the 9's came out...I love my SM8's my raw 52 has begun to rust recently, Looks nice! I use a 47degree as my PW which is nice, but often miss the forged feel of the t100 pw

Last edited:

sunshine

Visit site
Nice! I did the same a few months ago, I also jumped on some great prices for them since the 9's came out...I love my SM8's my raw 52 has begun to rust recently, Looks nice! I use a 47degree as my PW which is nice, but often miss the forged feel of the t100 pw
Aren’t the vokeys also forged?

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Yep, hence the ‘slightly newer tech’ comment 😉 I’ve loved my m2, it’s my second one and I’ve had it for 3 years. Just not playing ball recently, obviously something’s changed in my swing, maybe age/arthritis related. The ping definitely felt easier to hit but it’s early days.

It’s more of a ‘ping’ noise than the empty can. Played with a chap last week who uses the g425 and yes, empty can noise. Went long and straight for him though so I doubt he’s bothered!
My G425 goes "PONG" when I hit it well.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Got my putter regripped with this beauty on Friday 😍

Attachments

• A647327F-D689-43DA-95FE-4DDFC0A7DCF6.jpeg
    A647327F-D689-43DA-95FE-4DDFC0A7DCF6.jpeg
    822.1 KB · Views: 13