I bought today.....

Springveldt

Visit site
I want to buy a new strap for my Shot Scope V3 but worryingly they are out of stock and Shot Scope haven't got back to me yet on when they will be back. This is the 2nd strap I've had now that has stopped registering the tags so I can't track anything at the moment which is annoying.

sjw

Visit site
I want to buy a new strap for my Shot Scope V3 but worryingly they are out of stock and Shot Scope haven't got back to me yet on when they will be back. This is the 2nd strap I've had now that has stopped registering the tags so I can't track anything at the moment which is annoying.
Have you done a force reset of the watch? Assuming you only have one watch, how do you know it's the strap? Especially since you say two straps have apparently gone this way now...

I hope that doesn't come across as me trying to say you're wrong, that's not what I mean at all. I'm an engineer by trade and therefore trying to diagnose problems is something that I naturally do! I had mine go a little bit unreliable during one round where it just wouldn't pick up a couple of my clubs in particular, that's why I'm wondering.

Springveldt

Visit site
Have you done a force reset of the watch? Assuming you only have one watch, how do you know it's the strap? Especially since you say two straps have apparently gone this way now...

I hope that doesn't come across as me trying to say you're wrong, that's not what I mean at all. I'm an engineer by trade and therefore trying to diagnose problems is something that I naturally do! I had mine go a little bit unreliable during one round where it just wouldn't pick up a couple of my clubs in particular, that's why I'm wondering.
Yes, tried resetting the watch and unless all 16 of my tags have went faulty at the same time then the strap is to blame again. The first strap went after about 10 months, same symptoms, none of the tags would register when using the Tags functionality in the settings or when in GPS + Track mode so Shot Scope sent me a replacement free of charge.

I've had the watch for nearly 2 years now so this strap has lasted slightly longer. The RFID receiver is in the strap and I suspect it's because I have large wrists, it's pretty tight on the very last notch me for and I think I'm stretching the strap. I don't abuse the watch, I only wear it while playing golf because it's not comfortable to wear any longer (when I take it off you can see the indent of the strap on my wrist for a while afterwards). I've removed the strap, cleaned the contacts and put it back on (thought I may have stretched it to where the contacts no longer touch) but it didn't help, it's not picking up any of the tags.

I just hope Shot Scope get the straps back in stock, I'm not upgrading to the X5 since the strap is the same length so I can't wear it as an everyday watch.

Reactions: sjw

Springveldt

Visit site
A pair of Adidas Codechaos shoes at a bargain price of £65. Not the prettiest but I've got a pair of black and navy blue shorts that they will go with.

I bought these ones from Adidas a couple of months ago when I had a 30% off code https://www.adidas.co.uk/s2g-sl-golf-shoes/GV9422.html but after 2 rounds in them I'm not sure if they are comfy enough after wearing Tour Boost shoes for the last year. They feel a little narrow and last round with the hard fairways the soles of my feet were feeling it walking down the 18th.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My search for a fairway/hybrid around the 16-18 degree mark that I can reliably hit off the deck as well as the tee could..emphasise could...be drawing to a close.
A Callaway Epic Speed 4 wood landed yesterday and......well, I'm impressed so far.
Long off the tee, almost too long as its approaching driver distance, and pretty damn decent off the floor too.....
Hallelujah

Springveldt

Visit site
I've just had a response from support and they are back in stock so I've bought one.

Reactions: sjw

sjw

Visit site
Cobra Fly-Z fairway wood. 39 quid. Had a hit with it an a Callaway Epic 3 wood at the range this evening (shop attached) and it produced better numbers, I preferred the look of it behind the ball, and was half the price. For the amount I'll use it, an absolute bargain! Got about 200-210 carry out of it off the deck, 230 off the tee (all Toptracer numbers, so pinch of salt there)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice pair of FJ Pro SL shoes…my summer shoes…my pro can explain to my Mrs why the purchase was worthwhile and excellent VFM.😊

Managed to find a couple decent prices on eccos last week

IMG20230525152925_copy_1024x1365.jpg

I do love the summer months when you just turn up in the shoes you drove in and 95% of the time can drive home in them aswell

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Managed to find a couple decent prices on eccos last week

View attachment 47972

I do love the summer months when you just turn up in the shoes you drove in and 95% of the time can drive home in them aswell
Love Eccos but those green laces are horrible. 😂

Agree on the second point though. I've started wearing the Under Armour Hovas I got from County Golf the last few weeks. So comfortable.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
470 yard par 4... ouch!

Really like those ball markers though, great mementos

That’s from the tips, you wouldn’t be playing back there unless in an elite comp. From the whites it’s still a good hole, but the wind is often behind and the tee is a little elevated so you can cut the corner if you can carry a good ball. That reduces the approach to a wedge. Not as scary as it sounds. Unless you’re off the tips. In which case you’re probably a plus handicap and will whack it over the corner anyway. Or attempt to, put it a mile wide, and still manage to get it out, up and down for par. 🤣 It’s the next hole you need to fear, going back into the wind on that par 3 is no joke!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
That’s from the tips, you wouldn’t be playing back there unless in an elite comp. From the whites it’s still a good hole, but the wind is often behind and the tee is a little elevated so you can cut the corner if you can carry a good ball. That reduces the approach to a wedge. Not as scary as it sounds. Unless you’re off the tips. In which case you’re probably a plus handicap and will whack it over the corner anyway. Or attempt to, put it a mile wide, and still manage to get it out, up and down for par. 🤣 It’s the next hole you need to fear, going back into the wind on that par 3 is no joke!

Yeah Id be off the yellows if I played there :ROFLMAO:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
These distances will become the norm unless the authorities do something about distance, course I played yesterday had a 480 yard par 4, and it wasn't a new course.

Only for pros/ elite AMs though surely.. Id not threaten that green in 2 at all.

MACM85

Visit site
New driving iron on Friday after my current one decided to snap midswing off the tee and the bottom half of the club went just as far as the ball

Last edited: