I bought today.....

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
My better half bought me a RAB jacket for Xmas, gave it to me today as she said loads of golfers love it, got to agree, was superb and maximum flexability, nice and warm in the Highlands also ?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What bag is that please?

Hi @DeanoMK its a Big Max Heaven 6 2020, haven’t had a chance to use it yet and like I say, not the greatest material but perfect size for what I wanted. Definitely bigger than a fabric pencil bag the top is 6 inch diameter (as opposed to 9.5 in a normal carry bag). The solid sides help with getting clubs out of the bag, I think that’s the main problem with fabric/collapsible bags that the grips get stuck together. There are a few like this in the 50 range, defo check the diameter out before buying anything ??

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Under Armour Storm Sweater Fleece.

It's neither a fleece or remotely water resistant as advertised. Which is a shame and the first UA product I've been disappointed with.

smahon87

Visit site
Have you worn it in the rain or just basing that on looks? The UA storm stuff can be deceptive, I know I've had plenty of their storm range before and its always been waterproof as advertised even if it didn't look like it at first. The first hoodie I bought with it years ago I remember pouring a bottle of water over it to test and having my mind blown, haven't been disappointed with their stuff since.

BiMGuy

Visit site
Have you worn it in the rain or just basing that on looks? The UA storm stuff can be deceptive, I know I've had plenty of their storm range before and its always been waterproof as advertised even if it didn't look like it at first. The first hoodie I bought with it years ago I remember pouring a bottle of water over it to test and having my mind blown, haven't been disappointed with their stuff since.

Just been out in the rain with it walking the dog.

I have a lot of UA gear bought over the last 15 years from football boots to a golf glove and everything in between, after being amazed by the first cold gear compression top. All of it has been brilliant. As you say, normally the storm gear stuff is powered by some kind of black magic. But this isn't.
Ah well. Its a nice enough mid layer and was in the sale so I'll be keeping it anyway.

BiMGuy

Visit site
Been buying for the boy now. (someone please take eBay away from me ?)

He's only 10 and been playing with a mixture of cheap Slazenger woods with shifts like a hosepipe on a warm day, and some irons from a second hand set. He's just about outgrowing the local pitch and putt with his current long clubs, but they don't give him the distance he needs to step up to the longer 9 hole course. I've been looking out for some decent kids clubs. Which apear to be limited Ping or US Kids. Which are a touch expensive given he's still fairly new to golf and not that serious about it yet.

So. I've got a couple of ladies clubs to cut down to see how he gets on with them.
A Ping G2 15* Driver with a lightweight laddies shaft for the bargain price of £18.5. Also a Ping Faith 7 iron. Again with a ladies lightweight graphite shaft.

Not sure what will happen to the swing weight but hopefully with lightweight grips it shouldn't be too bad. I don't think it will have too much of an impact for him anyway. And they have got to be better than what he currently has?

If it works I'll just need to add a hybrid and a 9 iron and a sand wedge for him.

smahon87

Visit site
Just been out in the rain with it walking the dog.

I have a lot of UA gear bought over the last 15 years from football boots to a golf glove and everything in between, after being amazed by the first cold gear compression top. All of it has been brilliant. As you say, normally the storm gear stuff is powered by some kind of black magic. But this isn't.
Ah well. Its a nice enough mid layer and was in the sale so I'll be keeping it anyway.

Ah that's a shame so. I'm the same, have had loads of their stuff from football to golf to running and never been disappointed.

BiMGuy

Visit site
I have a couple of new UA Storm tops, and whilst they are warm and nice to wear, I was struggling to see how they can be water resistant to be honest.

I've got other UA storm tops and jogging bottoms that are water resistant/ shower proof which are similar material. This might just be a bad one or missing a coating of some description.
Either way. It's a nice enough top and was cheap enough that it's not worth the hassle of sending it back.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Garmin G80 came yesterday from Clarkes, they weren't advertising a sale but i stumbled across their site and actively looked for one and it was £270.00 new including free postage.

Never ordered from them before it came 2 days later (i did order it late tuesday evening). They seem to have put their price up again since.

I'll compare it against trackman sometime next week and give a quick review, more useful to me as a GPS but would be handy for a quick wedge session here and there if the data gave accurate carry numbers,

Bassfisher

Visit site
Ping G15 clubs, There’s so many rave reviews for them that I couldn’t resist to buy them and compare the difference with my titleists, can’t wait to try them in December
First round yesterday with the G15’s, massive difference, they are much larger and heavier and took a bit of adjusting to, but soon enough I was getting approx 10/15% more distance and they were very forgiving , very happy!

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A dozen rewashed Pro V1s, I bought a dozen about a month ago and they were perfect so just thought I would get another box. Prefer these over the refurbished ones as they haven't been repainted.

petema99

Visit site
Garmin G80 came yesterday from Clarkes, they weren't advertising a sale but i stumbled across their site and actively looked for one and it was £270.00 new including free postage.

Never ordered from them before it came 2 days later (i did order it late tuesday evening). They seem to have put their price up again since.

I'll compare it against trackman sometime next week and give a quick review, more useful to me as a GPS but would be handy for a quick wedge session here and there if the data gave accurate carry numbers,

that's a great deal! be interested to hear how accurate it is as am tempted...

i*windows

Visit site
My better half bought me a RAB jacket for Xmas, gave it to me today as she said loads of golfers love it, got to agree, was superb and maximum flexability, nice and warm in the Highlands also ?
which Jacket was it, I'm looking for a nice warm windproof one.