I bought today.....

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You could just smooth it over with your foot like everyone else in the country? (Robster59 excluded I guess..)

Not everyone else in the country is doing that though.

Rakes are compulsory at my place.well more specifically. The raking of bunkers is.

which I am happy about tbh. Just hate clipping one on

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not everyone else in the country is doing that though.

Rakes are compulsory at my place.well more specifically. The raking of bunkers is.

which I am happy about tbh. Just hate clipping one on
And, having seen many an inept attempt made to smooth with the foot, I think they should be compulsory

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Only place I've seen using rakes was Bearwood Lakes and their sand was totally different to ours. At the moment we pick and place like others. If we can't get all our members to repair their own pitch marks I doubt we'd get them all to purchase and use rakes

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A round at the Kings @ Gleneagles, followed by a round at Dunbarnie.

I’ve not played for a couple of months and being honest, I not missed it one bit. Booking trips like these get the juices flowing, I can’t wait to get back out now!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just a warning of yet another internet scam.

I ordered some lovely presents for my partner totalling over £550, but when they arrived someone had swopped them for new wedges and a golf bag.

Absolutely disgraceful what some scammers will stoop to.....?

That’s awful mate...sounds like the sort of website I need to visit

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A Sunice shirt from Function18. I really like their shirts and I have been tracking these for a while. A nice little price drop today, £20 delivered. It will be put away for my wife to give me for Christmas.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Not actually bought today but delivered today.

An Australian model that somehow made their way to the UK.

Anyway, the clubs.
Slazenger Jack Nicklaus Champion of the World, 1 to 4 laminated woods, 3 to SW in the irons and a matching putter.

First the thrill of the unpacking, the bag is period complete with a day ticket for Pyle & Kenfig Golf Club, a links/clifftop course in South Wales, always like to find an old ticket in a bag!
The contents of the ball pocket were a little disappointing, some poor balls, a handful of tees and the remains of an exploded wound ball.

The clubs have seen some action over the years but are basically sound apart from the 3 iron shaft which is looking a bit tired and showing signs of chrome loss.
They all need a clean up, most are wearing ancient mud and grass from their last round, and the woods will need a refinish before they can be played.
Overall the set is worth the £35 including delivery and hopefully the 3 iron shaft won't collapse on the first shot!

image.png.7e1dc07317ee75679f5b3abbfb867832.png
image.png.d775e183286f00a7667f8936d0cc972e.png

image.png.bee2fff62157b8cf35375bf45e385d81.png

image.png.b09cab880b4276bc628e991de0a058d3.png

image.png.e1e4b1e32c1eac6ffe707f25ffe05d34.png

image.png.36cb6193e3957ca72a30179f6b4c1268.png

image.png.1fd68336ad1b81cde201ae8332daecac.png

D

Deleted member 1740

Just a warning of yet another internet scam.

I ordered some lovely presents for my partner totalling over £550, but when they arrived someone had swopped them for new wedges and a golf bag.

Absolutely disgraceful what some scammers will stoop to.....?

Lucky that Fishy, She'll probably hit them wedges better than you anyway?

New golf bag?? Didn't you win that Mizzy one in the H4H auction?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Lucky that Fishy, She'll probably hit them wedges better than you anyway?

New golf bag?? Didn't you win that Mizzy one in the H4H auction?

It was just a joke Stu, although I have bought a new bag (Stewart) to go with my new Q-Follow, The Mizzy one had to be sold as it didn't sit on the new trolley very well.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I had amassed a few quid in GUI and gift vouchers so decided to buy a new putter and a dozen ProV1 balls with the remainder as the deal worked out really well.
I've been an Oddysey 2ball fan for almost 10 years owning two models in that time. On the test putting green in the Golf Spot in Bangor I think I holed all but one so it had to be a sign. I tried both the O-Works No. 1 and O-Works No. 7 models and found the blade number 1 to feel more balanced in my hands. I also tried a couple of Cleveland and a Scotty square back but wasn't overly impressed by either.
20201126_140937.jpgIMG-20201126-WA0016.jpeg

IMG-20201126-WA0018.jpeg

Last edited:

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I don’t usually play in winter but with having missed out this year I shall make the most of it so purchased a cheap Ouul stand bag to carry and 48 Kirkland signature Costco balls.