I bought today.....

Springveldt

Visit site
85 plastic pink castle tees from Sports Direct for £4. Sick of the bamboo ones snapping on bad swings, these bad boys should last a while.

Was tempted by the 2 for £6.50 but don’t think I’d use 170 of them before I die.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
A few years ago I put a box of 100 pink tees on a table in the bar and told chaps to help themselves.
None of them were mine - stealing by finding - I was handing in lost property. :LOL:
I've got over 100 again and may do the same again soon.
I've never bought a tee peg in the 55 years I've been playing golf.
I use the orange, green and red ones on the mats in the winter - I've got stacks of them as well.

Burnsey

Visit site
Went for a driver fitting today with a Titleist fitter and was really pleased with the whole experience.

The £25 fee was deducted from the club order and GCFC were there, so flogged a couple of clubs to make it seem like I spent less.

Spent an hour solely focused on driver and as much as the end configuration was not my ingoing expectations, we agreed on the final spec which saw a significant increase in my ball speed, cracking trajectory and most importantly, dispersion was remarkably tight.

Full trackman set up and looked at every aspect from loft and lie, to shaft, head type, head weight and grip. Must have hit at least a hundred balls, plus a few on the warm up, so I'm knackered but happy.

Driver: GT2 11°

Dexterity: RH
SureFit Hosel Setting: A-3
SureFit Weight: +6 g
Length: -0.5"
Shaft: Mitsubishi MMT SpeedMesh 40
Shaft Flex: Regular
Tip Trim: Standard 0"
Grip: Golf Pride Decade Multi Compound +4 Blue Midsize
Grip Size: Midsize
Grip Assembly: Standard

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been needing new trousers for a while, two pairs of UA trousers, which I already wear so know I like them, and a pair of Lyle & Scott from County Golf for £90. Can't argue with that.

Burnsey

Visit site
Following the new driver fitting, popped over to GCFC to flog the G430 10k max and instead of just taking the money, bought a brand spanking Scotty Cameron Phantom #7 with the proceeds 🤣

Sold them my Odyssey Ai One #7.

Point to note, if you can get into store, their pricing is better than the online quote and if you buy/trade., you get a little more off too. I got 10% more for the driver and 10% off the putter.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Following the new driver fitting, popped over to GCFC to flog the G430 10k max and instead of just taking the money, bought a brand spanking Scotty Cameron Phantom #7 with the proceeds 🤣

Sold them my Odyssey Ai One #7.

Point to note, if you can get into store, their pricing is better than the online quote and if you buy/trade., you get a little more off too. I got 10% more for the driver and 10% off the putter.
I had the same with Golfbidder and Replay Golf and got more than the online quote they had given when I took the clubs into the shop. I think they have to make a reasoned offer based on the information supplied but once they saw how good the clubs were, they were happy to up the offer to a very acceptable amount

Smoj

Visit site
Bought a brand new 10.5* Stealth 2 HD driver head, to replace my OG Stealth HD, and after a pretty confusing and lousy range session in which the range balls were beyond usable, a few shots I did hit nicely, I was impressed.
Dropped it down to 9.75* from 10.5*, cut my shaft down to 44.5'' put on a midsize grip, and added 4g in the heel weight to bring it up to 8g. not sure about the swingweight after taking off and adding some weight, but it feels amazing.
took it out yesterday, and boom, it was unbelievable, 270-yard baby fades or dead straight. it's seriously brought back my confidence and excitement of playing the driver again :cool: (y)

Burnsey

Visit site
Collected my fitted GT2 driver and no time to go on range, but very excited to try it out.

The +4 grip feels very weird, but it does sit in the hands rather well.

I'm back for another fitting soon for the fairways/hybrids and then I should be as well equipped as I ever will be!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pulled the trigger on the new Ping G430 SFT driver that I fitted for the other week. Apparently only a 3-4 day turnover from Ping so I should have it in time for my birthday next week. And all my driving woes will be fixed, and I'll be off single figures before you know it. #thingsgolfersthink

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went for a driver fitting today with a Titleist fitter and was really pleased with the whole experience.

The £25 fee was deducted from the club order and GCFC were there, so flogged a couple of clubs to make it seem like I spent less.

Spent an hour solely focused on driver and as much as the end configuration was not my ingoing expectations, we agreed on the final spec which saw a significant increase in my ball speed, cracking trajectory and most importantly, dispersion was remarkably tight.

Full trackman set up and looked at every aspect from loft and lie, to shaft, head type, head weight and grip. Must have hit at least a hundred balls, plus a few on the warm up, so I'm knackered but happy.

Driver: GT2 11°

Dexterity: RH
SureFit Hosel Setting: A-3
SureFit Weight: +6 g
Length: -0.5"
Shaft: Mitsubishi MMT SpeedMesh 40
Shaft Flex: Regular
Tip Trim: Standard 0"
Grip: Golf Pride Decade Multi Compound +4 Blue Midsize
Grip Size: Midsize
Grip Assembly: Standard

My coach is also a fitter. Back in January he fitted me for the titliest tsr driver

TSR3 - 9 degree - A2 setting - heel weight (2left) Tensei blue 55 reg -0.5inch

After working on my swing over year on my last lesson he changed the setting to C2 so slightly less draw bias and then dropped the loft 0.75 as I was launching high

He said leave it there and if I'm noticing on the course after few rounds that it's not working put it back. It's been working well

Burnsey

Visit site
My coach is also a fitter. Back in January he fitted me for the titliest tsr driver

TSR3 - 9 degree - A2 setting - heel weight (2left) Tensei blue 55 reg -0.5inch

After working on my swing over year on my last lesson he changed the setting to C2 so slightly less draw bias and then dropped the loft 0.75 as I was launching high

He said leave it there and if I'm noticing on the course after few rounds that it's not working put it back. It's been working well

That is my plan - as things improve (or otherwise) stick to the same fitter to adapt as required.

Burnsey

Visit site
Titleist iron set combo consisting 6, 7, 8 in T200 and 9, W in T150.

Half an inch longer, 2 degrees flat, which is completely different from my current set and lifts tweaked for good gapping. Oh and plus 4 grips to stop me wringing the life out of them.

I do like a proper manufacturer fitting, where you can hit all clubs, not just the 7 iron, try different shafts etc and accurately assess your swing and performance.

Last edited: