I bought today.....

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Show and tell!

With thanks to @Voyager EMH I became the proud owner of a set of Petron Tour Custom irons today. :D

We then had a game together against a couple of members at my club who I'd not played before, we both playing vintage, and we won 1 up. :)

Very pretty and well done on the score, love it!!!

Re show and tell, not picking them up until Friday and currently trying to deal on the matching woods elsewhere

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A pair of Ecco shoes, 30% discount too. Very pleasantly surprised how comfortable they were during the 6 hours they were on my feet today, and by the overall quality - leave my FJ’s and Adidas well in the shade.

Also picked up a Titliest 910D3 in the s/h tub at a very reasonable price.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
They could have tidied up that weld though ?

That always gets me on these high end putters; loads of care is taken over the milling, engraving, paint work, weights, etc. and then it usually looks like someone has just stuck a gob of weld on there and couldn't be arsed to clean it up.
Must be a thing with high end putters. :unsure:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I bought an old Ping Anser 5 to go in the retro bag. Not sure exactly how old it is but its in immaculate condition although the grip will need replacing.

Until I get the scotty it will probably go in the regular bag as well, really enjoyed using it yesterday.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That always gets me on these high end putters; loads of care is taken over the milling, engraving, paint work, weights, etc. and then it usually looks like someone has just stuck a gob of weld on there and couldn't be arsed to clean it up.
Do you think it is a clumsy way of showing the club is hand made?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm with you, I think it looks ugly and completely at odds with the nice, clean look that the putter has otherwise. What a weird decision not to smooth that bit off.