I bought today.....

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played first round with it today and overall I was impressed. Seems to be more accurate than my old game golf although I'm not convinced its accurate enough for the putting stats to be of much use - I had to do a fair bit of editing the pin position and position of my ball on the greens. It was close but not "close enough" for my liking. However, it looked accurate enough for the long game stats - I only moved two or three that were clearly a bit off.

It only missed one shot and that was a hack out of deep rough when my 58* wedge slid under the ball without much contact so I can understand that one, I think.

Only other funny thing was my tee shot on the 6th was a 5 wood but SS registered that as my 52* wedge. That was the only 5w I hit so can't say if that was a one-off or if it's getting those tags mixed up. All the shots that really were with the 52* were correctly registered. Will look out for that in future.

Other annoyances - the bunkering on our course has radically changed over the last two years but the course mapping has very old imagery. And it doesn't seem to be aware that the par for women is often different than for men - it treats our second as a par 4 when it's really a par 5 for us. (So it didn't give me my birdie!). That is particularly annoying since they are marketing it as "the first GPS watch designed with women in mind"
Sounds promising
Email them with the feedback, you may find they can update the course pretty quickly...

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
A box of Callaway Supersoft Green Matte balls, stamped with my initials and my lowest score on my course. When/if I improve on the score, I’ll order more with the the new target.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just bought a Benross 'Max Speed 2' 28° hybrid on a total whim. I've been using a Ping G20 hybrid as my six iron replacement but never been 100% convinced by it. After another crappy shot with it today I decided enough is enough. Jumped on Ebay had a look at some 27-28° hybrids, and found this Benross thing, it looks more like a cross between an iron and a hybrid which really appeals to me, given where it would sit in the bag. Was only 40 quid so sod it. If it fails it fails, if it works, flipping bargain.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played first round with it today and overall I was impressed. Seems to be more accurate than my old game golf although I'm not convinced its accurate enough for the putting stats to be of much use - I had to do a fair bit of editing the pin position and position of my ball on the greens. It was close but not "close enough" for my liking. However, it looked accurate enough for the long game stats - I only moved two or three that were clearly a bit off.

It only missed one shot and that was a hack out of deep rough when my 58* wedge slid under the ball without much contact so I can understand that one, I think.

Only other funny thing was my tee shot on the 6th was a 5 wood but SS registered that as my 52* wedge. That was the only 5w I hit so can't say if that was a one-off or if it's getting those tags mixed up. All the shots that really were with the 52* were correctly registered. Will look out for that in future.

Other annoyances - the bunkering on our course has radically changed over the last two years but the course mapping has very old imagery. And it doesn't seem to be aware that the par for women is often different than for men - it treats our second as a par 4 when it's really a par 5 for us. (So it didn't give me my birdie!). That is particularly annoying since they are marketing it as "the first GPS watch designed with women in mind"

Email them and tell them the problems and they will do a remap. When I first had a V2 , they were super hot on updating. Usually two to three days. Much better than the previous watch I had which took 3 years!!

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Just bought a Benross 'Max Speed 2' 28° hybrid on a total whim. I've been using a Ping G20 hybrid as my six iron replacement but never been 100% convinced by it. After another crappy shot with it today I decided enough is enough. Jumped on Ebay had a look at some 27-28° hybrids, and found this Benross thing, it looks more like a cross between an iron and a hybrid which really appeals to me, given where it would sit in the bag. Was only 40 quid so sod it. If it fails it fails, if it works, flipping bargain.

Love Benross gear ?

Chico84

Visit site
Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey putter. Looks like a transformer so hopefully it will transform my putting. Had my eye on it for a while and decided to go for it but I’m having an existential putting crisis after I borrowed a friend’s very different putter the other evening and I really liked that one too. I may be joining the multi-putter support group soon.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Two rounds now. I changed the satellite settings to try and improve the accuracy. I think it did, slightly, but not enough to convince me that it's accurate enough on the green. I seem to have to do a lot of moving the pin and shot positions on the green and the dashboard for that is a bit buggy - sometimes moving the ball closer to the pin actually increases the proximity figure so quite frustrating trying to get it right.

There's also a bug in the performance stats for "tee shots". It shows different yardages for shots than the hole details gives. My arithmetic suggests that it might be displaying the figure in metres, but it still labels it as yards.

Despite all that, I do like it. Theoretically when more L5 GPS satellites come on line the accuracy might improve further and hopefully they'll sort out the bugs.... and get women's pars in there.

I thought that the extra satellite setting was to allow for the future new satellites, so I have ignored that. I'm not sure how it determines which tees you are playing from but it seems to be pretty accurate from our yellows so far. I'm playing from the whites tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see the numbers. I will report back.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Chucked a bid in on a 3 wood this morning before going out, and blow me down I won. Cobra Bio Cell with two shafts to try. Looked in good nick in the pictures.

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
64 wedge finally turned up today.
Well done Cleveland, 4 weeks and 2 days ?

Had half an hour practice, loving it already, will see tomorrow how it goes for real.

Is this an RTX 4 mate? Had mine on order for 3 weeks now and still waiting. Got told 10 days when I ordered !

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Karl that is exactly what it is.
I ordered on the day the shops re-opened 4 weeks and 2 days ago, got told a week.
I've already listed the delays on here but there is a serious issue, my advice is to get the top person from where you bought it from to press Cleveland otherwise you might never see it.
I know that sounds a bit over dramatic, but actually it's true.

Ridiculous isn't it! Seems we are in the same boat. One thing I can't stand is false dates. Would rather be told in the first place it's 4 weeks.